• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sunspot corns

NI GUY

Sci from N.I.
I got these from Bribrian that some of you may know from
the forum,there stunning,I really can't wait to work with these 2 in the
furture. They took there first feeds no problem so I
thought I'd grab a quick few shots.
2008_01100026.jpg

With out a doubt this is the best of the 2.
2008_01100031.jpg

Beautiful! As these sunspots selectivley bred genetic cubed/striped or motleys?

They seem to be co-dom with motley,the 2 times Brian has
bred his sunspot corn to a motley around 50% of the
clutch has been sunspot the other half motley. These
are het caramel too :dancer:

Those are gorgeous and I agree the second one is the best of the two. Looking forward to seeing these two mature.

How cool! The second one is simply gorgeous. Sunspots have such a neat pattern. I want one.......

They seem to be co-dom with motley

BUZZZZZZZ. Wrong. ;)

Sun Spots are selectively bred Cubes and Cubes are Stripes...Because Stripe & Motley are on the same allele, he's producing het Motley Stripes when pairing Cube x Motley. The Cube pattern is showing up in the het Motley Stripes because their is Stripe in it. Cubes don't appear in only Motleys, just in Stripes and het Motley Stripes.

Your Cubes are very nice with that darker ring around the pattern and they certainly have that het Carmel look!

BUZZZZZZZ. Wrong. ;)

Sun Spots are selectively bred Cubes and Cubes are Stripes...Because Stripe & Motley are on the same allele, he's producing het Motley Stripes when pairing Cube x Motley. The Cube pattern is showing up in the het Motley Stripes because their is Stripe in it. Cubes don't appear in only Motleys, just in Stripes and het Motley Stripes.

Your Cubes are very nice with that darker ring around the pattern and they certainly have that het Carmel look!

I can only speak for the results the guy keeps getting.

Ah.. alright. I accidentally thought that "sunspot" was a -color- morph, rather than a pattern.
Thank you :)

The only sunspot photos I've seen are of amels. I quite like amels, but I was wondering what a normal/classic sunspot looks likes. Do you have any of those?

The only sunspot photos I've seen are of amels. I quite like amels, but I was wondering what a normal/classic sunspot looks likes. Do you have any of those?

I believe the reason why that is, is because Sunspot was the original name for Cubes and they were originally only seen in Amels. Makes sense to call an Amel with a neat Cube Stripe pattern like that a Sunspot, but not so much a Normal or Anery.

Yep, i know what you're saying is right but both times i've bred these unrelated animals i've had exactly 50% of the clutch turn out sunspots which suggested to me & others that something akin to a co-dom effect was happening. I really don't mind what is happening as long as these cute little guys keep popping out of eggs.....lol...:licklips:

Back