• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Superconda Super-Package

She's gorgeous Troy! I think Tonya named her perfectly. She looks just like a Twix bar! Here's hoping that you're able to get Spot in the mood. I'll be keeping an eye on her for sure. Pop in and update us from time to time!

Dang it Troy!!

Now I really want a Hoggie (but I can't even afford a normal one) LOL!!

Thanks everybody for all of the wonderful comments! I will definitely post updates as things happen. :)

I think and axanthic superconda would be the coolest morph!

I think an axanthic superconda would be amazing, too.

The Axanthic Superconda is definitely one of the combo's everybody is racing to get. There's already an Albino Anaconda that was produced by Brent, so he's way ahead of the pack on trying to produce the first Albino Superconda. So the rest of us are trying to come up with ideas for something new and unique which of course is still a couple of years away.

Who cares about Spot!! Go Mr. Berry!!! Raspberry Twix!!! Twixleberries!!

That was a hilarious comment that had my wife and I laughing for half the day. Thanks for that! And we'll try our best to produce a Twixleberry. :D

What a cool snake congrats

Thanks!

I know your wife must be very very happy:)

She definitely is very happy with this little girl. Unfortunately, Twix is only a month old and currently weighs in at 4 grams, so it will be quite a while before my wife attains that level of wonderment in her eyes while holding Brent's adult Superconda at Daytona, but we'll get there eventually. :)

For those interested, here's a picture I took today of Twix. She's doing exceptionally well and growing like a weed (30+ grams). Unfortunately, she's a squirming little thing and I was trying to take the picture with my D80 in one hand while holding her in the other, so this was the best I got. :)

twix-02.jpg

Twix looks great and she is certainly growing well! Four gms -> 30 gms in 7 months. How much do the girls weigh at breeding age & size?

Twix looks great and she is certainly growing well! Four gms -> 30 gms in 7 months. How much do the girls weigh at breeding age & size?

Thank you! :)

Actually, I'm not entirely sure what Twix currently weighs (which is why I put the + sign ;) ), but she was at 30 grams over a week ago and she's since been scarfing down fuzzies about every 2-3 days. I'm sure she'll hit 40 grams by the end of this month if she keeps eating like she is. And believe me, I'm not pushing the food, when she's hungry, she is very actively pacing her tub looking for more mice.

In regards to your question, females should really weigh no less than 200 grams for breeding although some breeders claim to have had success with females weighing in at 150 grams. Typically it takes females 2-3 years to reach a good mature breeding size. Females usually top out in between 300-500 grams while there are many reports of females reaching up to 800 grams!

What a beautiful snake! I missed this the first time, Glad you updated it with a new pic of her.

Thank you! I also have a thread of her eating a couple of weeks after we got her here: Twix Progression - Eating pix. For some reason this line of hognose (the Anaconda I have as well as Twix here, both purchased from Brent Bumgardner) have such voracious appetites, probably more so than most of all the other hoggies in our collection.

Thanks Gene! How is your new hoggie doing? He's a real looker! :)

He's great! and actually calming some..
When I first got hime he flared and hissed and when
I didn't put him down he musked and played dead.
I started laughing so hard I almost dropped him..
Now he'll hiss and stop when I take him out.
I love his Yellow Color!!

He's great! and actually calming some..
When I first got hime he flared and hissed and when
I didn't put him down he musked and played dead.
I started laughing so hard I almost dropped him..
Now he'll hiss and stop when I take him out.
I love his Yellow Color!!

Some hoggies have some real attitude. We have one we call Cobra because when he sees me he coils his body, raises his head, hoods out and hisses at me the entire time. He seriously looks and acts like a miniature cobra. He's a real butt head and I love him to death. Last week he got really upset with me while I was changing his water and he flung musk/crap at me a foot away and it got all over my chest. I know he was aiming for my face, that little brat.:dgrin:

And yes, yours has a gorgeous yellow coloration to him. I'm sincerely envious! :D

Back