• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The FANCY DRESS Thread!

Ooooo...So you aren't actually talking about fancy dress...You're talking about costume parties...Then I'm out...I've never done one at all.

The last time I wore a costume was when I was 12 to go trick or treating on Halloween...but I am enjoying the pics...

~Katie

I have a few good pics around here... as long as you promise not to laugh!!:p

In the first one, I'm holding a huge pot of candy. I'm supposed to be a punk-vampire

Halloween.jpg

In this next one, I'm supposed to be a mad scientist type. And no...that is NOT a wig!!! I have very curly hair, and I just used a lot of hair spray and teased it a lot.

amad.jpg

Next is my devil costume. I had a red sweatshirt under it. Its cold here in October! So it could have been "sexy", but oh well...;)

bdevil.jpg

I have been witches and cats before, but don't have any digital pics.

I thought it was costumes! Lol I love costume parties! I only have one pic though from halloween a bit back (I'm on the left with my roomie Clara)....:p

Attachments

• zzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzz.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 161
That is a fantastic picture!! More men in dresses please!

:laugh: A few Halloweens ago I made out with a boy in a dress! The saddest part was when I saw him again later dressed normally I didn't think he was as cute! I will blame the Pabst for that one!

MEN IN DRESS!
gledn.jpg

(No, not the one I made out with.)

I wish my friends had dress up parties randomly! Usually we just dress up for Halloween.. Sometimes my friend Monica and I get together and dance around and change clothes every 10 minutes.

Here are a few pictures from one night we photoed..

I'm a robotic ninja
IMG_1504.jpg

Traveling shirt...
IMG_1431kiss.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

Probably the best Halloween was when I dressed up like Roller Girl.. then ran into someone else who was Roller girl.. only he was a boy! We were both trying to Roller Skate around Eugene's terribly paved sidewalks. It was a nightmare!
Those pictures are on my PC but I don't have access to them right now. I'm vacationing. I'll just have to resurrect this thread in a few weeks with pictures of the two Roller Girls. :crazy01:

Here's a couple from a few years back.

Attachments

• PICT0735_resized.jpg
    PICT0735_resized.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 152
  • PICT0736_resized.jpg
    PICT0736_resized.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 154
Bobo's Mama - now that's what I'm talking about!! Great costumes, hair, make-up, everything!! I've never done the devil thing as I can never find a good enough costume, but you might just have inspired me :)

LOL Jessicat - I asked for more men in dresses and that's exactly what I got! :grin01: Great photos!

VinnyJ do you have a full length photo of the two of you? Those contacts are extremely cool, where did you get them?

I don't know about everyone else, but now money is an object (mortgages, boo!) I always try to base my costumes around something I already own and improvise the rest.
I've got sparkly red stilettos that I thought could be Dorothy's "ruby slippers" one day? Anyone done Dorothy before?

I'll be going as a soldier (with a twist!) to a party on Friday as I magically already have dogtags, camo paint and a top that was made from army trousers - The people who remember the old thread about my "monstrous creamsicle" will have already seen said top! It just fits, phew!

Will post a photo at some point next week!

P.S. Perhaps if a moderator should stumble across this thread they could pretty please make it US-friendly and change the title to "The COSTUME PARTY Thread!".

VinnyJ do you have a full length photo of the two of you? Those contacts are extremely cool, where did you get them?

Thanks. No... I don't have a full length photo... basically all black with vampire capes of course. The contacts came from a local eye wear store.

Hmmm lets see what I got costume wise... Only thing I have pics of is my good ol' Lolita outfit! xD

Oh no the Lolita is melting!
n1043010611_30475902_4443.jpg

Ok the rest were at an anime con (yes I'm a nerd) And I think you'll get a hoot out of the first one. He's dressed up as a character called 'Hard Gay' which isn't from an anime, it's an actual reality show in Japan, a guy walks around dressed up like that and sees if random people on the street will talk to him, ect.

fanime019.jpg

A lolita tea party in the entrance hall
fanime018.jpg

Anyone ever see Venture Bros? xD OH NO THE BEE DUDES!
fanime055.jpg

And what's an anime con without crazy religious people who think that anime is a sin? Note: the guy dressed up as jesus was cosplaying (costuming) at the con, and he was just pissing off the two bible thumpers. I still don't quite understand how a cartoon made in a different country condemns you to hell, but to each their own!
n1043010611_30475909_6524.jpg

To satisfy the protesters, Anonymous showed up to remind them that hey, it's ok, we're from the internet.
n1043010611_30475933_4192.jpg

This probably doesn't count but I'll post it anyway...this was a white trash college party my freshman year. I'm on the far right
n150100367_30025425_73.jpg

This probably doesn't count but I'll post it anyway...this was a white trash college party my freshman year. I'm on the far right
n150100367_30025425_73.jpg
'White trash' is as much a theme as any other! The last set I posted was of a 'tarts & vicars' themed party (probably another British thing?!) but there only ended up being one vicar as all the men decided they'd rather dress as women!

I've a dilemma, I need to choose what to wear for the bottom half of my soldier outfit on Friday: I've got some dark brown short-shorts or I can steal the hubby's combat trousers.

He obviously thinks I should wear the shorts (typical man) but I'm not sure if I'm too old to be flashing my thighs at costume parties any more, even if they are covered in camouflage paint :/

I found a couple pictures of my partner, Tony!
These were taken in a bar in Colorado

He was Annie Lennox, and I was his b!$@#. lol
l_1ced616fbffc18db3424b51131e05105.jpg

This one is from a while back:
851569750_l.jpg

His halloween costume:
l_bd497402b50997190f4d4418d5eff7a0.jpg

And in the middle of a performance:
l_49c9d7e26e7b3f49f6e4d36db0f7ca3a.jpg

Back