• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Gang

durtis

im a snake addict
100_9517.jpg

Saleen

100_9532.jpg

Maple on left
Candy on right

100_9543.jpg

Pinky the rat snake
sorry guys i know its corn snakes only but he lives with all of them

You mean they all live in the same house? Or you mean they all live in the same enclosure.....

About that...

I'm not here to start a co-habbing discussion, but I must just say that housing several snakes (even just 2) of the same species is bad enough, and even though rat snakes are closely related to corns it should even more so be separated from the corns.

And by the way, they are all quite nice looking snakes.

ok well i bought saleen and pinky from a college professor about 4 years ago. he hatched both of them. saleen the first pic. is the longest at about 2/half feet then pinky at about 2 feet then both maple and candy are about 17 inches
all but pinky are females, pinky is the only males. the unknown snake is in its own enclosure.

i would suggest buying there own separate vivs, no matter how long they have been together, and how sure are u one if its male or female? what would happen if one of them gets sick then what are u going to put all the others?

ok well i bought saleen and pinky from a college professor about 4 years ago. he hatched both of them. saleen the first pic. is the longest at about 2/half feet then pinky at about 2 feet then both maple and candy are about 17 inches
all but pinky are females, pinky is the only males. the unknown snake is in its own enclosure.

Are you saying that the pictures of Maple and Candy are of 3.5 year old snakes and they are 17 inches long. In 3.5 years how many eggs have they laid?

Have those snakes had feeding issues? They sound way undersized for their ages. I'm going to suggest you separate them, and start a decent feeding schedule.

I think you should either do your research on how to properly care for a snake and do what's right for their health or give them to somebody that can do that. If I were you i'd go with the second option.

I have not been keeping snakes for very long myself... but one of my oldest corns, who is probably nearing a year in age, is at least 22inches long. How much are you feeding your snakes and how often?

And separate vivs are really really important. Stress can put them off their food, and slow their growth. I know this because it happened to me. I housed two of my snakes together for just a couple months, but Lia ended up twice Feren's size because Feren was stressed. Now that she's on her own, she's growing again and eating more regularly.

I think you should either do your research on how to properly care for a snake and do what's right for their health or give them to somebody that can do that. If I were you i'd go with the second option.

Now now.
Don't make me say it, pot, kettle, black, etc. No you'll never get away from that, deal with it.

That being said. While you do have some very pretty snakes durtis, the subject of cohabitation is a VERY heated one here. If you do a search for the word cohabitation then I suppose we won't have to get all into it again, because it does get kind of rough.

Comon, go to the local Walmart, buy some tubs, all of which will cost a total of about $10 and separate the snakes. You don't need to go out and buy 20 gallon longs for each snake.

ok well i guess i didnt explain myself well enough for all of you
im new to owning corns. ive had king snakes milk snakes pythons and boas in the past

candy and maple are under a year old
saleen is almost 2 years old
and pinky is the same age as saleen

im sorry for a fending all of you that know a little more about corns than i do
they are new for me and the herpetologist that i bought them from said i could put all 4 snakes in with each other.when i bought them from him he pulled all of them outta the same tank

i forgot they all get taken out of the tank and put in plastic tubs to be fed once a week

Back