• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The most expensive corn you own

paullfc

Thought it would be a good idea for us too post pics of our most expensive corns... so if you could post their name sex morph and picture??

Sorry, but I don't really want to play. Why don't we all just brag about how much money we make instead? I get jealous enough when people post pics of corns I would have to win the lottery to afford.

Yeah, I know. I think my other post came out wrong... I didn't mean to sound bitter about it! I'm not ashamed of my collection, I have nice corns and happy with what I have. If others want to show off their higher end corns and say what they paid that's OK.

Because it puts too much emphasis on the wrong things.

A better topic would be
Post pics of your favorites and tell us why you chose them.

Why is it a silly topic?
Because it implies that pride in one's collection/snake is correlated to how much you paid for said collection/snake.

There's a difference between price and value; the snake I value the most from my collection is an ugly amel that wouldn't get much in price on the market. But that snake, and her temperament, created the passion I have for this hobby.

And you can NOT put a price tag on that.

regards,
jazz

I don't mind telling you which was my most expensive, or even posting pictures (though I'm at work and no pictures are here) though I won't tell you what I paid, haha.
I will refer you to my post in the "Pinks and Purples" thread.. http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61810&page=4
My GBR (Pinkerton)is my priciest snake I think. Though I'm not sure if I paid more for him than I did for my Amel het stripe and cinder. (Zamora) http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62514
Both came to me with other snake(s) in the box, so I'm not sure how much they were individually anyway..

And for the record, the prices don't mean much to me either.

I think your all taking this the wrong way I don't want you to undermine 'your pride in one's collection' just thought it would be a kind of fun topic to do there was a point behind it all.

You might be taking it the wrong way yourself!
I'm not taking any offense, I don't think others are either. But I wouldn't put that kind of info on here and I can understand why others wouldn't either.
Don't be offended, lol.
Just hear it as a "No, thank you!" with a smile..:crazy02:
And you can't undermine my pride in my collection..

Actually, the hatchling in my avatar is one of the 3 most expensive snakes I own.
His name is Kato.
He and his 2 brothers were the result of an accidental breeding, when one of my racks burnt up and I had to temporarily house 2 snakes together that I THOUGHT were males.
It resulted in the loss of Kato's mother, Kelsey.
She died eggbound.

Other than the previously stated reasons for not posting price paid for "high end" morphs, might be the ugly concept of theft. I have seen this first hand. A good friend had a very highend ball python collection stolen because word got out as to it's value. I love to see unique/rare corns. That is part of why I go to shows like Tinley and Daytona. It gives me something to dream about. Leave out the price for safety sake unless its up for sale!:rofl:
Terri

Starsevol; That's so sad! To bad you lost her! :(

Thank you. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my 3 boys even if their price was way too high. They are all striped like their mother. She was an amel or a fire stripe that I got from a friend who bred in exchange for 2 mexican rosy boas that I bred.

2 of the boys are either striped het bloodred, or bloodred stripes.
One looks identical to his mom and is either an amel stripe het bloodred or a fire stripe.
I need to test breed them to prove them out.

Back