• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Useful dog continues to earn his keep....

jazzgeek

The Rule Of Thirds.
My apologies in advance to Dean for the thread title..... :)

The COOLEST thing about this hobby is the great people I've had the chance to meet. One of them is Katie, our own ArpeggioAngel. Although she hangs her hat in sunny Florida, the company she works for is headquartered in Wisconsin, so she heads up to our frozen tundra once in a while.

The most recent occasion was this past weekend, so she and I got together for lunch on Saturday. Now, we're all familiar with her photography skills, so I was ecstatic when she agreed to follow me, with Bo in tow, to a local park to get some shots of him doing what he lives for....

Forum1.jpg

Forum2.jpg

Forum3.jpg

Now, bear in mind that the temperature was 13 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm used to this kind of weather, but it was even annoying me. Katie was a trooper, and Bo, being genetically engineered to be in this kind of climate, didn't care.

(There are more photos coming, as these are the only .jpgs that weren't corrupted/truncated in the email intertubes.)

Thanks, Katie!!!!

regards,
jazz

Cool Dog!

He certainly looks like he's in doggy heaven. Just wondering, are we going to see any shots of you running along side? Only kidding.:)

Just wondering, are we going to see any shots of you running along side?
Bo and I have come to an understanding, to wit: the one with opposable thumbs gets to throw the retrieving dummies, and the other one, well, retrieves them. :)

regards,
jazz

Shame!

What a pitty. I was so looking forward to see you both in an action shot. Kidding asid he is a beautiful lab. We had one when i was a child called Hamish,had a very strong personality.The snow looks great as well, we only have rain.

Very nice pics..My fav is the first one..looks almost like a pic you would see on a calander...beautiful dog :0)

the one with opposable thumbs gets to throw the retrieving dummies, and the other one, well, retrieves them.

Dale,

Are you absolutely certain you and Bo don't have those roles reversed??? :rofl:

Regards,
Steve

BO.JPG

:roflmao:

Good Lord, Steve!!! Are those thumbs, or did you hit some Eastern-European-owned deli in West Allis for some pickled pigs feet?

</obligatory Wisconsin humor> :)

regards,
jazz

Are those thumbs, or did you hit some Eastern-European-owned deli in West Allis for some pickled pigs feet?

Under pressure, those are the best thumbs I could come up with :crazy02:

Regards,
Steve

Merlin's good for one 'fetch' per session. On the second toss, he looks at me as if to say, "oh, no... I'm not falling for that again."

Dale, I have to get some pictures of Cajun, so that you can see what a real working dog retrieves. None of those plastic dummies, ducks only (at least during the season, when we can, off season its all plastic.)

. . . nothing like Labrador spittle flying everywhere to truly appreciate the breed! :) Catching it in action AND frozen to the coat is even better.

D80

. . . nothing like Labrador spittle flying everywhere to truly appreciate the breed! :) Catching it in action AND frozen to the coat is even better.

D80

We call that substance "Snool" which is drool and snot combined. Mostly to describe what's on my backseat windows most of the time.

Back