• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Useful dog continues to earn his keep....

We call that substance "Snool" which is drool and snot combined. Mostly to describe what's on my backseat windows most of the time.
Heh, my niece once described her dog as "smirling".....a combination smile and snarl. :)

regards,
jazz

Hopefully I can finish editing the photos in the next day or two so Dale can post some more. I did get a few shots of him with Bo so hopefully he will post those too (and if not - I may just do it for him!! :shrugs:)

It was COLD! Bitter cold - especially for someone who is used to sunshine and 80+ degrees. I felt like I was starting to slur my words when talking because my jaw was all but frozen solid! But it was worth every minute of it. Bo is a fantastic dog and Dale - well, I cannot come up with enough positive words for Dale. Like he mentioned - that is one of the best things about this forum - the wonderful new friends I have met.

Hopefully I can finish editing the photos in the next day or two so Dale can post some more. I did get a few shots of him with Bo so hopefully he will post those too (and if not - I may just do it for him!! :shrugs:)

Well, the best defense is a good offense; here's a "partial" (as I mentioned, a number of the pics were truncated in transmission....) of yours truly, complete with Roman nose. I'm sure I was telling Bo to park his keester before I pitched the retrieving dummy, but when I get the complete file, you'll see the rest of the story....

Forum4.jpg

OK, now I'll make book on whether Danny W. or Mike B. comments on the hat first. ;)

regards,
jazz

I felt like I was starting to slur my words when talking because my jaw was all but frozen solid!
I've felt that before!! Maybe that's where we get our Northern accent from. :uhoh: I don't want to brag or anything, but if you thought it was cold in Wisconsin . . . :eek:

D80

I don't want to brag or anything, but if you thought it was cold in Wisconsin . . .

I can only imagine Brent - you will never find me that far north at this time of year. Ohio and Wisconsin are pushing it for me... I am quite happy with the 84degrees we had today in beautiful, sunny Florida thank you very much!

It is actually kind of unfortunate because there are a lot of really pretty places in this country I would love to live but refuse to because they have "x" amount of months of cold and snow.

It is actually kind of unfortunate because there are a lot of really pretty places in this country I would love to live but refuse to because they have "x" amount of months of cold and snow.
I don't necessarily like the cold (meaning below zero temps), but I'll take absolutely any amount of snow over hurricane season any time! :) Plus, it's said to keep the riff-raff out! :smash:

D80

Us too! Kristi started complaining when the house temp dropped to 70. Now that it's 65 sometimes, she outright whining! Poor girl. If she weren't so thin, she'd be warmer. It's tough to be thin, (that's what I keep telling her). :)

WOOT!!! Some new shots came in from Katie today......

If I were a Jewish mother, I'd gush and say, "What a punim!!!" .....

CrustyBo120807.jpg

I realize this is mid-stride, but it almost looks like a "potty dance" :grin01:

BoPottyDance120807.jpg

Flaps up! Request approach for landing!!

FlapsUp120807.jpg

"OK, sit....."

oksit120807.jpg

"I SAID, 'SIT!'" :grin01:

isaidsit120807.jpg

Enjoy!!

regards,
jazz

I like to see everyone's pets, but a working dog in his element is a real treat. Thanks for sharing, Dale

Great pics!
Agreed...and the credit goes to Katie on these!

Mine doesn't like putting "the part without fur" on the snow, either!
I know what you mean...but he's sitting just fine in the first shot. He just wants a head start once I fling the retrieving dummy.

To my great advantage - and disadvantage - it's his only focus. :)

I like to see everyone's pets, but a working dog in his element is a real treat. Thanks for sharing, Dale
My pleasure, and thanks to everyone as I indulge y'all in my favorite hour of the day, although it has nothing to do with corns.

:cheers:

regards,
jazz

Woot!
Glad you like them Dale. Hopefully be able to get some more done tonight for you...still have a few to go through.

Thanks for the compliment Brent!
Black animals are hard to photograph, photography on snow is hard to manage the white balance...put the two together and it is not easy to get a nice looking shot that balances color appropriately. It took a lot of photoshop to clean them up this much! But it was also my first try with the new camera and snow. I think they came out ok - but personally I would liked to have done better. Always next time.... and if Dale will put up with me for an afternoon again maybe I can get some nice summer shots next time I am in Milwaukee!

And if I ever get a chance to make it up your way, I would love to come out and do photos for you! Don't know when that will be, but I have always wanted to see the Dakotas.

And if I ever get a chance to make it up your way, I would love to come out and do photos for you! Don't know when that will be, but I have always wanted to see the Dakotas.
Pffft, no problem! Of course, we only have a couple month window where temps consistently stay above 80*F!! :crazy02:

D80

It took a lot of photoshop to clean them up this much! But it was also my first try with the new camera and snow. I think they came out ok - but personally I would liked to have done better.
You should have started with cropping out the goofy lookin' guy in the tan hat and green coat . . . :sidestep:

D80

Back