• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What do you think I am, a rescue organisation??? Updated 5/2 with new pictures!

dramatic Improvements!! Awesome Job Bringing this fella back! I realize he/she has a loooong way to go...but in capable hands (Such as yours).... it wont take to much longer! :). You know, in life, everyone has a hero,someone they look up to, to aspire to be like. Today, you are that person for me! I thank you for the Job you have done with this animal. :cheers:

Ratbait shed and the eyecaps came off! :D Lookit how handsome he is. I also got updated, more accurate information from his former owner today, as she keeps calling to check up on him.

He's been blind for *years*.

He's not 8 or so like she led me to initially believe. He's closer to 12 as he was already 4 to 4 1/2 feet long when she got him.

So. Angry.

Anyway, he's looking a hell of a lot better and he's a really good "sit and watch TV" snake as he just chilled in my lap outside for half an hour.

To begin, the classic lineup:

Top-

ratbait5122.jpg

Right (I love that his tongue is marbled)-

ratbait5121.jpg

Left-

ratbait5123.jpg

Center-

ratbait5125.jpg

No, you may not get that center shot you want :p

ratbait5124.jpg

His tail tip fell off with this shed, but he lost a lot less than we were expecting. Both the exotics vets were very impressed with how quickly he has improved.

ratbait5126.jpg

Chilling.

ratbait5127.jpg

Poor beat up old man.

ratbait5128.jpg

We're almost there!

Wow, what a transformation! I cant believe thats the same snake. Especially his eyes. Incredible. I cant get over how better he looks. Keep it up old man! :) :) :)

Megan, what you are doing is so awesome. He looks amazing!! Since he's blind, does he exhibit any behavior different from a normal snake?

Megan, what you are doing is so awesome. He looks amazing!! Since he's blind, does he exhibit any behavior different from a normal snake?

He's easily startled when in his bin. Once he's out, he tolerates handling suuuuuper well, but if you don't go slow with getting him out he turns all fierce at you.

He looks so much better =3
glad to see his nose healing up so well!

also who in their right mind would feed live prey to a blind snake?! It's mind boggling.

Words fail me. I can't say the bad things I want to about his previous 'care'. I'm so glad he's with you now

He looks beautiful. When does he get to eat? I bet he calms down even more after he figures out he will never be hurt again. Lucky guy!!

Great job bringing this guy back from an awful state!

Question: He has what looks to be, for lack of a qualified description by me, cataracts. Was his eye problem caused by the non-shed eye caps or is it unrelated?

He looks beautiful. When does he get to eat?

Whenever he wants to! But I think his face is still so owie that he doesn't want to. If he doesn't eat willingly by the end of the month, I'm going to start tube feeding him.

Question: He has what looks to be, for lack of a qualified description by me, cataracts. Was his eye problem caused by the non-shed eye caps or is it unrelated?

Unrelated. The owner said she's suspected he was blind for multiple years because his eyes had this "glazed over" look to them. Then he was injured and had several bad sheds in a row due to the most recent injuries

The fellow has seen some horrible days, glad you took care of him! Amazing recovery, doesn't even seem like the same snake from the first pics.

Back