• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What do you think I am, a rescue organisation??? Updated 5/2 with new pictures!

A long overdue update:

A week ago, I managed to trick Ratbait into eating a couple fuzzies by taking away his water bowl and offering him sopping wet mice.

Yesterday, I offered him the baby bird I tried to save (it died from injuries related to being on hot asphalt). He nabbed it from me, but dropped it because it was so small compared to him. And then because the bird had landed in his coils, he tried to eat himself. Multiple times. After he found the bird again, I offered him a hopper which he went for without hesitation! He also had 2 fuzzies. Next week, he gets an adult mouse!

He's also gotten a lot feistier! XD

Thank you Megan. Do you have any recent pictures you could post? I like to see how he is doing under your care.

I'm so glad to hear he's doing great! How are his old injuries looking? I hope they are better. Pictures perhaps?

Ratbait shed a couple days ago, so I'm hoping to get some pictures tomorrow.

He's now a cranky cranky old man! D:

CRANKY!? After everything you've done for him? Lol. He's probably still angry from the years of abuse he had. I wanna see pictures!!

Still waiting for pictures and updates! Did he make it? Is he still cranky? Do you still have him?

I still have him, he's still cranky as heck, and I just shoved 5 mice down his gullet. I'm going to be ordering some frozen rats for him as he's sloooooooowly losing weight on the mice.

Poor old man, i was horrified when i saw the first pics but he looks soooo much better now. Lucky for him he ended up in your kind hands. Hope he goes from strength to strength even if he is a cranky old man. He can live out the rest of his life as a happy cranky old man xx BIG WELL DONE YOU xxx

Ratbait was euthanised tonight. He was at least 16 years old and was basically going 'senile'. I'd find him upside down all the time. He wouldn't drink unless I shoved his head in the water bowl and then he'd drink and drink and drink and drink. He was losing weight, despite being fed medium sized rats. It was definitely time. He wasn't even trying to bite me anymore. I'll miss my old-man snake a lot. I'm going to try to find someone local to do a skeletal articulation of him posed over some grapevine.

RIP Ratbait.

p.s. It's creepy that you look more alive *now* than you have for the past few months.

Aw, I'm sorry. At least he got to have a good life with you. I would love to see his skeleton articulated if you do get it done.

It's horrible the abuse that animals receive. I'm glad you were there for him in the end and sorry for you loss. At least he can never suffer again. Neglecte of a child is a crime why not animal neglect. Let's make it painful for people to treat animals like that.

I just read this thread... You did amazing work with the old man... <3 He was lucky who got to be with you the last couple of years of his life... RIP Ratbait

Back