• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yeah!!!!!!!1 Hybrids

It seems to me this whole thing is just a question of degrees. A cream isn't a pure corn, but it's closer to one then a jungle therefore you don't have a problem with it? :shrugs: Seems kind of illogical to me.

I'm not trying to bring up the "no corn is pure debate".

How would you react if you posted a pic of a cream and someone said - "this is a cornsnakeforum and that snake isn't a corn. IMO it doesn't belong here"? I know, it wouldn't happen right? :rolleyes:

Guess I just don't get it. I'm trying though.

The fact is, emoryi was long enough a subspecies of guttata (guttaus now) and now hat the status of an own species, Pantherophis emoryi.

The difference with the EmoryixCorn Hybrids is that they appear also in the wild, because they are very closely related and the areas where they live overlap. I myself don't want them either but I can see something natural in them when talking about CORN snakes.

Crosses with other snake families like Lampropeltis, Pituophis and so on are not natural for Cornsnakes and IMHO do not belong in a subforum talking about CORN snake morphs and genetics.
If someone wants to keep these, to me unnatural, crosses it's his own preference but should post them where they belong.

In fact, I would never post an AmelanisticBloodred in a forum about wild cornsnakes, although mine is a cornsnake with just genetic mutations that also come from the wild. Know what I mean? :shrugs:

Menhir said:
The fact is, emoryi was long enough a subspecies of guttata (guttaus now) and now hat the status of an own species, Pantherophis emoryi.

The difference with the EmoryixCorn Hybrids is that they appear also in the wild, because they are very closely related and the areas where they live overlap. I myself don't want them either but I can see something natural in them when talking about CORN snakes.

Crosses with other snake families like Lampropeltis, Pituophis and so on are not natural for Cornsnakes and IMHO do not belong in a subforum talking about CORN snake morphs and genetics.
If someone wants to keep these, to me unnatural, crosses it's his own preference but should post them where they belong.

In fact, I would never post an AmelanisticBloodred in a forum about wild cornsnakes, although mine is a cornsnake with just genetic mutations that also come from the wild. Know what I mean? :shrugs:

Now I do. Thank you! :wavey:

Well, seeing as Rich has given permission to post corn hybrids, I think the subject needs to be dropped. Everyone needs to chill...

CornCrazy said:
Well, seeing as Rich has given permission to post corn hybrids, I think the subject needs to be dropped. Everyone needs to chill...

I thought we were just having a discussion :shrugs:

A corn or not a corn, that is the irrelevant question.....

Don't care what type, don't care what species, don't care what percent is corn and what percent isn't........

I do know that 1) the snake in question isn't a corn "morph"; and 2) there wasn't a genetics question contained in the original post of "Yeah! 1 Hybrid! Beutifull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ergo, vis-a-vis, this thread shouldn't be in this particular sub-forum for any reason.

Just my opinion......

Menhir said:

I'm not so sure of that, but thats only because I've never seen pics of w/c intergrades...maybe CAV or someone else more familiar with the range of Emory's could chime in on this...

Maybe someone could start their own corn X "___" subforum? :shrugs: With everyones opinions on intergrades and hybrids it's always best to just amicably "agree to disagree" :*)

Everyone has just been so uptight regarding hybrids lately. Every hybrid post turns into a big discussion about whether it's right or wrong and whether they should be allowed on the forum. Like Chris said, it's best to "agree to disagree" and leave it at that. It's a subject that has been beat to death, in my opinion. I apologize if I came across harsh. I didn't intend to.

I do agree that this thread would be better off in the photo gallery section, CAV.

I was trying to stay out of this, but what the heck. If someone has a snake they are fond of and want to show it off, Do it! Just post it in the proper place. Terri is right, Rich says it's OK to post hybrids in the Photo Gallery as long as they are Corn x whatever. If you happen to have an awsome Yellow Rat x Speckled King, than post it in the Chit Chat. It's a simple process, don't you think :cheers:

Just to make that clear, seems that I did not quote, I was replying to this when I meant that it doesn't belong to this subforum:

Jynx said:
Well, "technically" speaking, a jungle is also a cultivar/morph.

@cka I'm sure that I've read of w/c integrades between guttatus and emoryi. But, I've never collected or seen one climbing around cause I never was in the states :santa:

Menhir said:
@cka I'm sure that I've read of w/c integrades between guttatus and emoryi. But, I've never collected or seen one climbing around cause I never was in the states :santa:

hehe good point :grin01:

Sorry, I wasn't joking. It's a simple fact that you can most of times just give things back that other wrote or found out. So if you think that this is wrong and/or know different sources, I'd be glad to read it!

There are e.g. discussion about hybrids of european vipera in the wild that bred in captivity, but many different people have many different opinions about the ones found in the wild.

That's why I'd wanted to state, that it's not my personal experience.

If you're going to go around posting hybrid picture and threads on inappropriate sub-forums, it would be a better idea not to have post titles such as "Yeah!!!!!!!!!!1 Hybrids!"

JMHO, of course.

yeah hybrids

I stated this whole mess. Reply post like the ones I've been reading are a little ovr the top. I didn't mean to start a whole debate on my little female, i just wanted to show her off to those who like jungle corns. This is probably the last time I try to show off a nice little female like I have.

Menhir, I don't know of any naturally occurring emoryiXcorn, nor have I ever seen pics of them....I am certainly not the end all-be all source for info on them tho...I do know that some of the North American rat snakes of the old Elaphe Obsoleta classification intergrade readily where their ranges overlap...

ps we share a birthday bud :dunce:

cka said:
Menhir, I don't know of any naturally occurring emoryiXcorn, nor have I ever seen pics of them....I am certainly not the end all-be all source for info on them tho...I do know that some of the North American rat snakes of the old Elaphe Obsoleta classification intergrade readily where their ranges overlap...

You are correct.

In central Florida corn snakes intergrade with yellow rat snakes, in south florida yellow rat snakes intergrade with corns and everglades rat snakes, and in the Panhandle grey rats intergrade with corns.

Heck, eastern kings also intergrade with florida kings.

It happens all over, but what you wont see in the wild is a florida king mating with a corn. The meeting would appropriately be called 'lunch'.

Though, I do wonder what a florida king x corn would look like---similar to a regular jungle or a much different pattern? Hmmm...

cka said:

~hehehehe~
:grin01:
I'm just quite sure you were already drunk when I had that little fight against being pushed out of that nice warm excavates.
:bang:

Back