• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Your Dead Snakes.

Roy Munson said:
You know it, baby. And my snake-disposal methods are just the tip of the iceberg. :devil01:

Sick I tells ya... sick!

Personally I would love to know what you will do with Vadar? I know what I would do (stokes ma purdy big boids) :grin01:

if they are small in the bowl they go if they are big then it is the good old garbage bag for them , right with everything else . Now if it died because of being eggbound then off to the garbage can cal. king . I will even chop it in half and frezze it for the next meal.

Tula_Montage said:
Personally I would love to know what you will do with Vadar? I know what I would do (stokes ma purdy big boids) :grin01:
Hah! Have you looked up the life expectancy of chihuahuas? I think you should be curious about what Vader's going to do with me! :rolleyes:

I've done it all with the dead ones. Used them for snake food, buried them, thrown them in the trash, put them in jars of formaldehyde, or get them skinned out. A few things to remember...I am not an animal killer and have tons of dead snakes...I have been working with snakes since 95 and have worked at several pet stores as well as a few universities and labs where I have come in contact with a lot of dead snakes....pets, roadkills, etc.

For my personal collection, I usually freeze them and then either bury them or get them skinned if they are big enough. If it is a baby, it usually is frozen and then turn into coral snake or king snake food.

I would deffitnally either bury mine or creamate them. I couldent imagine stuffing or skinning. I would be so sad seeing it :[

I know I'm a couple days late on this thread, but for my beloved dog chelsea and our cats they all got buried in the back yard with crosses my daughters made for them. The one baby snake we got about 10 years ago that died we just put in the garbage. I don't see myself burying my snakes like I did my dog or cats, but that's just me.

Of all the dogs, cats, fish, guinea pigs, hamsters, and birds I've had the pleasure of sharing my home with over my lifetime, it's sad to say I have lost several of my friends.

It's also a sad truth that I have lost one corn snake, however, it was a snake recently purchased as a 'surprise' by my boyfriend from a Petco...a young ghost corn that was clearly underfed and dehydrated to the point that its spine was clearly visible and its skin hung loosely against its body. :( Sad to say it passed away the next day after getting it situated. I did not bury it, but gently took it and placed it in the Petco box it arrived in, and placed that in the refridgerator until the next morning when we returned and were fully reimbursed thanks to the fourteen-day guaruntee. Needless to say, I was rather sad at the loss, but since I hadn't had the time to grow attached to this new snake as I have with Toulouse (I don't even want to fathom losing my little guy!) it was less of a blow, but it still sucked. :(

I don't recommend anyone buy animals from Petco, as most employees I've talked to don't know crap about the animals they're caring for, or how to properly go about taking care of them.

Anyway, losing a pet for me is like losing any other loved one: they recieve a proper burial. I'd never stuff or mount any of my pets which have passed; it would be too emotional and downright weird to see them everyday without the life they once had. Just recently my ten-year-old Alaskan malamute, London, had to be put down due to cancer and now she rests in the earth in a corner of our backyard, underneath the tree whose shade she loved to sit beneath.

Mr. Slither’s is currently in the freezer (since January) awaiting a proper burial in respect of my 6 and 8 1/2 year olds.

According to Nemo’s friends, all drains lead to the ocean…so the 1 sole surviving sea monkey made its way to the open sea 2 months ago…I think :grin01:

Regards,
Steve

Tula_Montage said:
My one and only lost baby is still in the freezer... 9 months on. I can't let go of her :'(

We had a common gold fish, you know, one of those 29 cent feeder fish. Well, grandpa grew to be 12" long just in body, we didn't measure the fins. When he died I tripled bagged him and put him in the freezer. Early this spring we moved the hydrangea bush out from the house and we used him as fertilizer. So now the bush is called grandpa because of all the good nourishment he gave it.

Back