• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help!!! Emergency!!

Oh un I'm not much help as I've never had this type of problem but it sounds like he possible is not breathing right?!? (Maybe)..rolling seems to be what they do when they are under distress..you might want to contact that vet in the am..Maybe they will be so kind as to give you at least some advice over the phone if you should just wait it out or bring him in.

My heart goes out to you..Looking at his Viv ..Is there any chance he could have forced his way thru the two pieces of glass? I've seen a few tanks like that and with some pressure you can get them slightly apart..Just a thought.

I'm so sorry.. I dont have any answers hopefully someone with more experience will happen along. But the rolling just doesnt sound good.

Good luck and let us know what the vet says.

I had a little ground snake that was rescued from these ladies that where frightened of it. It had a broken like neck and also broken further down on the spine. It couldnt really slither it would just twist around. I just put it in a tank with a water dish and etc. I really though he was going to die, but he is still alive and completely healed today. SO there is hope, snakes can heal amazingly. But there is always the chance that it may not live. Either way it's not your fault and don't feel bad :( If he is meant to heal he will. You should call the vet and tell him about the new problem though and see what he says.
I feel really bad for him, I hope he makes it. I just wanted you to know there is hope though..

Sounds kinda like what happened to my male sunglow. When he was little(he's 2 1/2ft+ now) he got himself squashed between the edge and lid of his cage...the way it happened is that i was putting him away and was putting the lid on and didn't see him escapeing and he got squished...for about 2 days he couldn't move any part of his body behind the injury but after those first couple days he was fine and he is now my biggest 2006 hatch corn and he eats like theres no tomorrow.

i hope your baby gets better.

Beothon

I really hope he gets better... the poor thing.
However I do implore you not to prolong his suffering if you see that he is not getting better....

I really don't want to think that it's the best alternative but euthanasia might be the most humane thing for him if he does not get better.

I really hope he will recover fully though, he is a really nice looking snake :(

I agree, if the snake seems to be suffering, you will really need to take it to a vet, and consider euthanasia.

Yeah I think it's important you think positive with this. Snakes do have the capability to heal and recover, sometimes when it looks awful it may not be as bad as you think it was. I've dropped my snake a few times onto hard flooring (not on purpose of course) and the first time I thought he was going to die, he didn't even seem to have noticed he'd fallen anywhere. Snakes are a lot toucher and hardier than they look, and they often bounce back by themselves given time.

Woke up today and he had moved about a bit ... but when I checked before I went to work he had rolled onto his back and was not moving. I was worried about him all day but was hoping for the best. Came home today and he was in the same position and lifeless. I think its safe to assume that he hasn't recovered from his injury at all :(

R.I.P Nameless snake. (I didnt even get time to name him)

I am sorry for your loss :( I was really hoping he would pull through. I am sorry you had to deal with this kind of tragedy with your first snake. It's not always like this so don't give up on keeping a snake.

I think some of the movement might of been reflex actions .. im not sure.

Im definatlygonna get another snake ... I mean ive got all the kit for it which wasnt cheap. I dunno where im gonna get a new one from though. I cant go back to the same place and say my old one died.

Keva161 said:
I cant go back to the same place and say my old one died.

Why not? Accidents happen. You leaned from the experience, and you'll be a better snake keeper for it. When it comes down to it, the pet shop owner is driven by the bottom line. As long as he or she doesn't think you were willfully negligent, they should have no problem selling you another animal.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Please try and work out how the little chap escaped before using your setup again. When first in a new and scary environment, hatchlings can find their way out through the most unlikely looking holes & gaps - sometimes only a couple of millimetres across (even if they have to injure themselves to do it).

Go over your setup with a fine toothcomb, blocking any tiny gaps. Particular weak points will be the corners of the lid and any holes that allow wires to be threaded through them (even if they're being used). I use Blu-Tak to plug holes, as it won't stick to the snake if it comes in contact, but it will stick to equipment/glass/metal etc.

Good luck for the future.

I'm so sorry!

Snake keeping is an experience wether it be negitive or positive, you pull through the negitive to get to the positive, and the positive is the most rewarding, you also learning better from your own experiences. Snakes are wonderful pets, please dont let this discourage you from keeping snakes, just learn from this experience and like Bitsy said, go over your viv with a fine tooth comb, figure out whats wrong with the viv, ( holes,spaces etc. ) and fix them, always remember to put your lid and locks back on, you'd be superised how much a snake can lift, dont just rely on books for a rock to hold the tank's lid on, get proper locks, besides making sure the magician's cant get out of the tank, your good to go!

Again Good Luck In The Near Future I Hope, keep us posted, and again I'm really sorry for your loss!!

I am sorry for your loss, I really do hope you will be able to pull through and get back on your feet...
I am sure you will do a lot better for it, the little fellow did not die in vain...

Back