• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sex of Snakes....

HaisseM said:
Dude, its people like you who ruin it for others. Some people always take things way to far..........

:laugh01:

Hardly. People who take things too far here get banned. All I did was call a spade a spade in the proverbial sense. We're allowed to do that here, even if doing so is a criticism. Welcome to CS.com, where you, too, will be given the space to say what you mean and mean what you say, even when it is critical of others. :wavey:

HaisseM said:
Dude, its people like you who ruin it for others. Some people always take things way to far..........

First of all Desertanimal is not a dude. Second I agree with her you come here for help, but then you want to argue with the advice given. This is a forum and we try to help people guide them in the right direction. With some people it works with others :bang: . We have referred you to links which could help you, and yet you say you heard it would be stressful to serperate them now, can you give us a reference for that gem of information. Pages ago you said it "enough said", it has become apparent you don't want advice.

susang said:
First of all Desertanimal is not a dude. Second I agree with her you come here for help, but then you want to argue with the advice given. This is a forum and we try to help people guide them in the right direction. With some people it works with others :bang: . We have referred you to links which could help you, and yet you say you heard it would be stressful to serperate them now, can you give us a reference for that gem of information. Pages ago you said it "enough said", it has become apparent you don't want advice.

lets not confuse something here. I dont mind advice, but the i'm greater than you and you're an idiot because you don't know the way its supposed to be done, it what annoys me. And reread my post I don't argue with the advice, heck i've even asked more questions, but like i stated before, I didn't start this asking for help on cohabitation, it turned into that. I asked the sex of my snake. When people gave me their "FACTS/OPINIONS" on cohabitation i listened, when people started to insult me because "I didn't know better" i said enough is enough and told some of them to back off.

in regards to where i saw seperating them at this point might be bad, just like this board I read it somewhere and it holds just as much truth as any "CLAIM" on here. Just because you didn't post it doesn't mean its not true.

MY POINT AGAIN. GREAT INFO, but this we're holier than thou attitude is turning me away. If you're soo interested in helping the snakes, then learn how to speak before you speak, otherwise you turn people off

HaisseM said:
in regards to where i saw seperating them at this point might be bad, just like this board I read it somewhere and it holds just as much truth as any "CLAIM" on here. Just because you didn't post it doesn't mean its not true.
This claim really doesn't "hold just as much truth" as any claim here. There is no reason in the world that separating solitary animals at ANY point would be a bad idea, unless they're engaged in coitus. If you really read it somewhere, it doesn't matter. It's B.S.. Believing B.S. that is contrary to common sense because it is convenient is not a good idea.

MY POINT AGAIN. GREAT INFO, but this we're holier than thou attitude is turning me away. If you're soo interested in helping the snakes, then learn how to speak before you speak, otherwise you turn people off
Learn how to speak before you speak? What does that mean? Think before you post, and proofread before submitting. Otherwise YOU will turn people off.

In March of 2005 one of my reptile units had a problem with its heating unit and nearly started a fire. I was forced to rehome my 3 ball pythons, and co-habitate 2 pairs of cornsnakes.

The first pair I cohabitated were my rootbeer girls. They are mother and daughter. I fed seperately and never had a problem with them. Even so, I seperated them as soon as I could.

The second pair I cohabitated were a pair of males...or so I thought. My gorgeous amel stripe laid eggs. I thought everything was fine. She ended up becoming eggbound and I lost her August 2005. 3 of those eggs hatched and I kept them all. But I wish I still had her.

Roy Munson said:
This claim really doesn't "hold just as much truth" as any claim here. There is no reason in the world that separating solitary animals at ANY point would be a bad idea, unless they're engaged in coitus. If you really read it somewhere, it doesn't matter. It's B.S.. Believing B.S. that is contrary to common sense because it is convenient is not a good idea.
So what i read somewhere else is BS, but what i read here is the truth and the holy grail? yea thats the problem thats how SOME people feel here
Roy Munson said:
Learn how to speak before you speak? What does that mean? Think before you post, and proofread before submitting. Otherwise YOU will turn people off.
Let me expalin what it means, even though I think you understand. It means... You wouldn't talk to me that way if we were sitting across from each other in a business meeting or two classmates in a class (hence my statement about keyboard warriors) does that make sense?

HaisseM said:
It means... You wouldn't talk to me that way if we were sitting across from each other in a business meeting or two classmates in a class (hence my statement about keyboard warriors) does that make sense?
I definitely and without a doubt would say everything I said here in person. Maybe you're right and not everyone would, but if you were bullheadedly trying to rebut logical advice using poor logical skills in person, I would certainly say everything I've said here in person. I tend to "call 'em when I see 'em" in person, too.

desertanimal said:
I definitely and without a doubt would say everything I said here in person. Maybe you're right and not everyone would, but if you were bullheadedly trying to rebut logical advice using poor logical skills in person, I would certainly say everything I've said here in person. I tend to "call 'em when I see 'em" in person, too.

LOL.......I think their was an insult in there for me also, but its all good at this point.

HaisseM said:
So what i read somewhere else is BS, but what i read here is the truth and the holy grail? yea thats the problem thats how SOME people feel here
What hyperbolic crap. Yes, what you read elsewhere is BS concerning the possible problems associated with separating corn snakes. If you read it on this site it would be BS. If you read it in a box, with a fox, it would be BS. Do you think you are better able to assess the value of that advice than I am? I'll bet that you're not. The least you could do is cite your source, but I'm not holding my breath.

Let me expalin what it means, even though I think you understand. It means... You wouldn't talk to me that way if we were sitting across from each other in a business meeting or two classmates in a class (hence my statement about keyboard warriors) does that make sense?
Actually, that's not what I thought you meant. I thought you meant something along the lines of "think before you type". See how much easier it is to get your point across when you actually type what you mean? Now it does make sense. Of course, you're still wrong. There's nothing I've written here that I wouldn't say to your face. I'm no keyboard warrior. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Maybe your beligerent attitude has been met with similar responses on other sites, hence your apparent negativity toward those who don't agree with you here. It doesn't matter much to me as long as you follow the rules of the site.

Roy Munson said:
What hyperbolic crap. Yes, what you read elsewhere is BS concerning the possible problems associated with separating corn snakes. If you read it on this site it would be BS. If you read it in a box, with a fox, it would be BS. Do you think you are better able to assess the value of that advice than I am? I'll bet that you're not. The least you could do is cite your source, but I'm not holding my breath.
Truthfully i'm not going to search for the info again, its something I read, it may or may not be true, regardless.
Roy Munson said:
Actually, that's not what I thought you meant. I thought you meant something along the lines of "think before you type". See how much easier it is to get your point across when you actually type what you mean? Now it does make sense. Of course, you're still wrong. There's nothing I've written here that I wouldn't say to your face. I'm no keyboard warrior. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Maybe your beligerent attitude has been met with similar responses on other sites, hence your apparent negativity toward those who don't agree with you here. It doesn't matter much to me as long as you follow the rules of the site.
Here let me make this easy, I'm sure you would talk this way to me, trust me i'm sure you would, just like ever other keyboard warrior out there. I don't have a problem with the people who don't agree with me, maybe you should go back and read a couple of my post where I say "Thanks for the info" unlike what I see from you at this point, I don't mind being wrong, heck I could really care less when I am, my life still goes on.

HaisseM said:
Truthfully i'm not going to search for the info again, its something I read, it may or may not be true, regardless.
Of course you won't search for it again. Citing your source would be a rational debate tactic. You don't seem interested in rational debate.

Here let me make this easy, I'm sure you would talk this way to me, trust me i'm sure you would, just like ever other keyboard warrior out there. I don't have a problem with the people who don't agree with me, maybe you should go back and read a couple of my post where I say "Thanks for the info" unlike what I see from you at this point, I don't mind being wrong, heck I could really care less when I am, my life still goes on.
Make it easy? You've just contradicted yourself! I thought a keyboard warrior was one who WOULDN'T say these things to your face. Now you're saying that EVERY keyboard warrior would. Which is it? It's no wonder that you don't mind being wrong if you present two opposing points in all of your arguments. You'd have to get used to it.

Like Dean said even if you found on this sight, first the poll shows 72%+ don't co-hab, second one post in a thread does not make it fact. Many snakes would stress at new surroundings, nothing to do with separation. The fact remains your female will more likely stress from the repeated clutching.
I just looked at your name and admit don't know why you chose it but really, Messiah.
I too am in the club of "I would say all this to your face."
I also don't think anyone came at you with the I'm better then you, however there are many people on this site who could, since we have people who have bred corn snakes for 25+ years, authors of books on corn snakes and corn snake genetics, herpetologists and vets. While I am not one of them I do respect their opinion and follow them.
So no apologies here.

Got to like the second page and got bord lol,

if you have not already done so, seperate them.
Gl with them

and a more useful tip, these guys are not having a go at you, there trying to educate you, I know when you come somewhere new sometimes it seems people are trying to have a go, but there not, there all very experienced and nice people, so listen to there advise..

HaisseM said:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34074&page=6&pp=10&highlight=cohabitation

Post 55, wow and its from this site. Maybe i'll get an apology from some people here who said otherwise :)
I commend you for presenting the source of your information. But I took you at your word when you wrote: "Truthfully i'm not going to search for the info again...", so I can't really apologize for my reply to that particular comment. However, I will say that I apologize for a couple of things that I didn't post, but that I was thinking. First, I doubted the existence of the info at all. Second, I thought that even if the source of the info was presented, it would be an unreliable source. I was wrong on BOTH counts. And since I didn't have to admit to any of this to you, you can be sure that I have no problem with admitting that I'm wrong, when I'm wrong.

Bitsy is a reliable source of information. But I have to say that my own cohabbing experiences in the early 90s yielded different results than Bitsy reports. Cohabbing can be successfully done by an experienced keeper who knows how to interpret corn behavior. When I cohabbed, I wasn't as knowledgable a keeper as Bitsy is. Still, I never saw any negative consequences from separating corns. :shrugs: And I've never read of it elsewhere, but Bitsy's observations are good enough for me, so I retract my statement that the idea is B.S..

So now I'm 3x wrong. Good enough for you? ;) :)

I have to say that in reference to your link to a post about co-habbing that I'd rather deal with a picky adult feeder than an over-stressed eggbound female constantly being harassed by the male.

~Katie

Back