• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

wanting to see some of your cages.

My Viv

I bought this viv from cages by design. They are on the expensive side but well worth it. For all of those that are curious: the substrate is cypress mulch.

Attachments

• vivarium 00002.JPG
    vivarium 00002.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 1,040
Oh, I should add that I got rid of that stick on thermometer. I invested in a infrared point and shoot type. I found that my temps were off by 15 degrees!

thats pretty sweet setup ya got there. im thinking about making one myself. maybe out of oak or a nice dark wood.

That sounds like a great project. Make sure it's escape-proof! Corns are great at finding the smallest way out!

oh it will be. the sliding doors on the front are the only thing i see being a problem. having too much of a gap between the two pains.

Cagesbydesign.com. Go to their website and view their backgrounds. They are FABULOUS. This site is so cool. You can create any cage, any size, with any background. They also put a vinyl overlay on top of it so is doesn't peal off.

Here's my viv. it only cost me £50, when I've seen smaller ones for over £100. Took a day for it to be built and I'm well impressed. I had to buy the lock, and decorate it obviously. It's 3 foot*2foot*2foot, here you go,

My Viv.

I've just looked at that site. Its well expensive. The equivalent of my tank with no extras came out at $276 (can anyone convert that to £'s for me), and those backgrounds are $80 on their own, $90 fitted in a viv. I don't even want to go into the custom section, I might faint. LOL

Pic not too good, taken with flash in the dark, but you got an idea of my big viv where Blutengel and Poing live in.

Beneath it is a pic of the smaal viv where the other 2 live in now, a bigger one is being decorated for them also!

Attachments

• big-viv.jpg
    big-viv.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 663
  • terrarium.jpg
    terrarium.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 663
ok now heres my set-ups and a little bout my snakies *lol*~

now on the bottom is my 8 yr old male, scales,
2nd from bottom is 6 yr old female, skitzy
2nd from top is 5 yr old female, poppy
and on top is 3 yr old female, diaga
diaga is now in the same sized viv as skitzy and poppy.
and one of the viv's was moved to the other side of my room as the weight was getting too much for scales's viv, i couldnt get his doors out, ya know.
lol.

vivariumset-ups.jpg

Hey, cbeavers, I'm looking at the cages by design thing and are you able to put an UTH under those or is the material wrong for it? If it is should I buy a ceramic heater?

hey missy, i love your setup. where did you get your cages and how much was the smallest one. also, i see two panes of glass on the sliding doors. can a corn get out between the two panes. and how do you keep it closed. is there some lock or does it just stay closed.

~slither~ said:
I've just looked at that site. Its well expensive. The equivalent of my tank with no extras came out at $276 (can anyone convert that to £'s for me), and those backgrounds are $80 on their own, $90 fitted in a viv. I don't even want to go into the custom section, I might faint. LOL

Fairly easy conversion, multiply by 2.5 and you get the aprox ammount. I like your set up, does she crawl all the way to the top?

With your method Pssdffjay I get £110, thats over double what I paid for mine. But I've got to admit they do look good, and so many different options. I wish I'd could afford one set up for an iguana (it would be huge!) or a pair of chameleons. Take a look at the custom built racks, they start at 2.5 grand. God I wish I was a millionairre. I have a couple. lol
Yes Pssdffjay she goes everywhere, it's rare for her to stay up on the very top level but she does adventure up there once or twice a week. If you ever have a go at adding shelves like I have, plan where you'll put the heat mat, like I didn't. The stands get in the way. Put all accesories in the viv, then start fixing them.
BTW is your name Jay?

Back