• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

wanting to see some of your cages.

nycflip22 said:
looks nice man. Better than mine. I haven't had money for more decor since i'm spending money on more expensive hobbies 0_0

I realized that backdrops make the viv look nice...

Do you guys think Repti-bark or Aspen makes the viv look nicer? Repti-bark makes everything look natural, but i think i mite switch to Aspen. Cypress Mulch or w/e looks great but idk where i could get that and idk anything about it...

i switched to aspen, although not as natural looking, the snakes enjoy hiding in it as i put quite a thick layer down.

lol bri, plexi glass and duct tape? look good though whatever it's from im sure its more than plexi and duct tape though i think you should write to blue peter and ask for a job you'd be good at the 'to make your snake viv you need some pipecleaners, plexiglass, duct tape annnddd sticky back plastticc' 'and here's one i made earlier' i'll shut up now. Nice viv's though i'd post mine but they're just newspaper inside so i think it's pretty easy to imagine em - they're squeeky clean though!

King21 said:
How did you make that??? That looks very nice!

It's made from glass with a plexiglass hood, i work in a double glazing firm so getting the glass & polishing it is easy for me, then it's a simple matter of siliconing it together..... :)
This is a bigger one i've also made....

Attachments

• viv4.jpg
    viv4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 247
bribrian said:
It's made from glass with a plexiglass hood, i work in a double glazing firm so getting the glass & polishing it is easy for me, then it's a simple matter of siliconing it together..... :)
This is a bigger one i've also made....
Wow, they look great! You are lucky to have access to that sort of stuff!

And he can go haha they said it wouldn't work to the people on boards who gave out 'how the heck you gonna heat that then' and what not, glass vivs aren't my thing but personal choice but i think it looks nice and does the job and if i ever want a glass viv or maybe a fish tank i know who to bother lol

here's mine:

entire-setup.JPG

individual-tank-shot-2.JPG

individual-tank-shot-3.JPG

individual-tank-shot.JPG

no, they're 20 gallon LONG tanks made by All-glass called the critter-cages with sliding lids. Never a single escape although hatchinglings can find their way up under the awning of the sliding lid sometimes and scare you into thinking they've escaped.

The rack with sliding doors my dad and I did one summer. Ran out of time or I would've painted it.

thanks

rachel132002 said:
and if i ever want a glass viv or maybe a fish tank i know who to bother lol

Yep, could even do a deal for, let's see, a ghost stripe or some other little dude you have lying around..... :grin01:

Hey H0merSimps0n - clean out your mailbox. I was trying to PM you to find out where you got your striped amel or hypo or normal, or whatever it is. What is it?

Nice rack too. Is that a GTP up top?

sorry about that, I emptied it... yep that's a GTP up top

I got my stripes from ultimatecornsnakes.com but nate sold off all his amazing animals/got out of the business so now I'm currently searching for someone else to provide me with some more stripes (I need females badly) for this year <sigh>

wow i could do with a nice viv like that was thinkin of makin one myself but then i thought naa to risky

and im a joiner ;)

ill just spend the money :D

My setup.

I took the tree out because my snake is a baby and he kept squeezing himself in the smallest space between the tank and the cover. It's a 20 gallon tank but i use a divider because he's only 3 months old and 20 would be too big for him. I'm going to put the tree back once he gets fatter because he really seemed to like it.

Attachments

• tank with tree 001_2.jpg
    tank with tree 001_2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 170
Mine looks like nothing compared to most of these! But here it is, keep in mind I've justed put it together and there's still a lot of additions to be made. Any specific suggestions?

Attachments

• posted2.JPG
    posted2.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 104
This is a viv I made about 3 years ago, Im gonna be making him a brand new one in about a month, when moneys a bit more flush. Will be a lot more realistic and active than this one. Still, Enjoy :) Size: 4' x 2' x 1.5'

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

Back