• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

wanting to see some of your cages.

Where my month old baby lives..

dscn1506large0oh.jpg

dscn1505large2fu.jpg

tcr03 said:
hey missy, i love your setup. where did you get your cages and how much was the smallest one. also, i see two panes of glass on the sliding doors. can a corn get out between the two panes. and how do you keep it closed. is there some lock or does it just stay closed.

hey tcr03
thanx!
i get mine custom made from a bloke who breeds professionally and has his own shop in bishops stortford, essex, england.
the smallest one cost me £80, the 48" x 18" x 18" costs me £125 and the bottom one 48" x 25" x 25" cost me £165. not exactly cheap. lol.
no they cannot fit through the gaps, they are pratically right against each other, they slot perfectly together.
my female, missy, did work out that if she put her body up against the glass and moved she could open it therefore she always had a lock on it, to prevent her getting out, i caught her red handed straight away. lol. unfortunately she is no longer with me but none of the others have worked that one out yet. lol. but i have locks at hand just in case.
;)

I hate to say it missy, but those locks wont do any good if and when they found out they can slide the doors open unless they're on the doors!
Nice vivs btw. That goes for everyone.

thanks missy, is there any way you could take a closer pic of the track for the glass, im thinking about making a cage just like that. and how do you heat one of the side(what do you use for a heating source).

~slither~ said:
I hate to say it missy, but those locks wont do any good if and when they found out they can slide the doors open unless they're on the doors!
Nice vivs btw. That goes for everyone.

LOL, they are on the doors, not in the photos they arnt.
you put them on the inner pane of glass then shut the other then pop te lock on and you cannot open them at all.
;)

tcr03 said:
thanks missy, is there any way you could take a closer pic of the track for the glass, im thinking about making a cage just like that. and how do you heat one of the side(what do you use for a heating source).

ok tcr03, this is the viv of my diaga which was in the smallest viv in my last picture,

odds016.jpg

this is a sort of side view of the run of her viv

odds017.jpg

and this is a close-up of the run

odds015.jpg

hope these help you.
i use light bulbs, thats my only heat source, my room is the warmest in the house, and i use thermostats to keep their viv's regulated.
;)

Missy, I use the same locks. Effective at keeping little brother out more than snakey in! lol.
And I like that stick hide, is that the stuff you get from garden centres for edgeing round lawns and flower beds etc?

~slither~ said:
BTW is your name Jay?

Yup, hence my signature, so you dont have to put the Pssdff in front, it is easier just to say Jay.

Well actually, my name is Jason, but people either call me Jay or Jace. :)

~slither~ said:
Missy, I use the same locks. Effective at keeping little brother out more than snakey in! lol.
And I like that stick hide, is that the stuff you get from garden centres for edgeing round lawns and flower beds etc?

hey slither
im not sure about getting it at garden centres or whatnot.
but i bought all mine in a reptile store, my snakes quite like them too.
one of my girlies has stretched 2 of the little logs open so she can squeeze herself through it, lol, ther're flexible as well so you can move it about, whether you want it flat or high up. i love them.
;)

Uth

Yes, I had to get a piece of tempered glass cut for the bottom so that I could use and UTH. If you want you can get glass cut for the whole thing. The company sends you the measurements of the glass that you'll need. I did spend quite a lot of money, but I wanted something professional looking because it is in my living room. (I do not have an artistic mind!!)

thanks missy, that helps out alot. im still shocked that the hatchlings cant wiggle there way through the panes of glass.

tcr03 said:
thanks missy, that helps out alot. im still shocked that the hatchlings cant wiggle there way through the panes of glass.

oh ok you never mentioned them being hatchlings. lol.
i havent kept hatchlings in any of the 4 foot viv's as ther're simply too big for them but the little all glassed viv you see in the first post, the 2 foot one, has the same gap inbetween the glass and i kept my baby a hatchling in there and no she never could get through there.
;)

My new racks for snakes. Unfinished.
14 separate tanks, each ~28 gal.
Will be finished in about a week.
I have 5 snakes ATM (4 corns and California King), but I plan ahead :grin01:

Built this one myself...

The cage is 5x2x3 and I am planning to keep the corns I get soon in it.

Attachments

• 5x2x3 Cage.jpg
    5x2x3 Cage.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 501
My 3 hatchling ladies moved to this big viv some days ago and they love it! They're cruising all around after the lights have been set off for a while without any fear to be seen. It measures 80x60x50 cm and has a platform which makes it especially attractive I think. I've made a bargain with a couple who kept 2 turtles in it and apparently build the platform for them to sit on above the water. I've given them 12 luxury banded Lucky Luke collectionary albums for it... all arranged through the internet, so funny... good deal for me because I got them for cost price at my former employer :grin01:

( I know about all cons for housing them together, but it works for now and we'll see what's necessary in the future, just saying to avoid preeching. In Holland keeping corns together is much more usual and I had to separate them from my yearling man).

Attachments

• grootste-viv.jpg
    grootste-viv.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 474
  • grootste-viv-zij.jpg
    grootste-viv-zij.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 475
Wow Barbara, you're viv is awesome. Especially with the Sphinx in the corner and all the levels. I don't think the snakes should have a problem getting away from each other in a viv that size. It kind of makes my little 10 gallon viv look pathetic in comparison. Very pretty!

hi bobo's mum, tnx! I fell in love with the sfinx immediately when I saw it in the store! My boyfriend, sis and mum don't like it but the snakies do :) When they first were put in, they all ended up in the sfinx! They have class and like my taste for viv-deco :crazy02: Some bigger ones with rows of 'Egyptian' statues were available but the space on the viv-floor is limited of course and so is the content of my wallet :awcrap:

Here some viv's which I have made for other people.
Hope that you find them well.
Gr Erwin
Belgium

Attachments

• foto536859.jpg
    foto536859.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 435
  • foto536859_2.jpg
    foto536859_2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 434
  • foto536859_4.jpg
    foto536859_4.jpg