• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wild Cherry, "old school" bloodred

poppycorn

Luv my bright-eyed jewels
Here's my Wild Cherry, female bloodred het for amel. I got her from SMR and I told Don when I ordered her that I wanted one just like the beauty on the white rock on his website. The first couple years I was frankly dissappointed but then one day I opened the box and scarcely recognized her, she had gotten so dark. She's one of the favorites around here, not only for the rich color, but for her gentle and trusting temperment

Attachments

• Dec07_0261 Wild Cherry.jpg
    Dec07_0261 Wild Cherry.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 703
wow! She's breath-taking! I love old school bloods. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. :(

wow! She's breath-taking! I love old school bloods. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. :(

Well, I can go along with you on the first part but not the second. She's gravid right now and the male I used is an exceptionally dark fire. I'm should get both bloodreds and fires from this cross since she's het for amel. Considering how dark the male is, I don't see how the bloods couldn't be at least as dark as she is, and the fires should be really nice too. So I, for one, do plan on making some this year:)!

more pictures of Wild Cherry (and this year's pairing) are in this thread:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65943&highlight=cherry

Yeah, the new ones eat, survive, and grow. I'm GLAD they don't make them like they used to.......lol. Seriously, I have a dark one like that sitting here that I bred to a pied sided blood (all SMR stock, of course)......so it is obvious that I miss the dark ones, too....I don't miss them wanting to eat anoles, though!

Okay, Daire really, really needs one of those in his harem that I haven't started yet.... let me know how that clutch turns out :)

Kjun,

I'm thinking the Pied ones might be out of my league, sorry :D

That is the perfect bloodred. A pair of old school bloods like that are the next thing on my list.

Well, I can go along with you on the first part but not the second. She's gravid right now and the male I used is an exceptionally dark fire. I'm should get both bloodreds and fires from this cross since she's het for amel. Considering how dark the male is, I don't see how the bloods couldn't be at least as dark as she is, and the fires should be really nice too. So I, for one, do plan on making some this year:)!

God she's amazing! You're going to have to let me know how that clutch turns out, and when they're available. I want one for sure XD!

One very amazing girl...

Stunning! :eek: Any chance you have a hatchling pic?

Here's a baby pict from early December 05
Dec05wp-Bloodred-Wild-Cherr.jpg

as a 6 month old in February 06
20Feb06bloodred-118-fix-web.jpg

In Fall of 06
Fall06h-170ed1wp.jpg

In fall of 07
Oct07_1572ed1wp  Wild Cherry.jpg

and last month (March 08) paired with an unusually dark red fire, Rubicon
Apr08_0077 Rubicon & Wild Cherry.jpg

I know that's a bit more than you asked for but you can see that it took the full 3 years for the color to develop.
Right now, in some lights and times in her shed cycle she can look almost black, others she looks brighter, like in the fall 07 photo.

Yeah, the new ones eat, survive, and grow. I'm GLAD they don't make them like they used to.......lol.
LOL NO KIDDING! But Wild Cherry's always been a really good girl that way. Now some of my others....GRRR!

Howler said:
You're going to have to let me know how that clutch turns out, and when they're available. I want one for sure XD!
PM me to get on the list.

I have to say I am a bit anxious for her...last year she became eggbound and I lost the whole clutch and nearly lost her. So say a prayer for my pretty girl, her eggs should come in a couple weeks!

Holy Shiitake Mushrooms. That is one fine looking snake.
Marsha,as always -awesome snakes and awesome pictures
Later Rob

Wow. Just wow. If you breed 'em like that, you don't need to add anything to the mix..

Love that fire too!

Yeah, the new ones eat, survive, and grow. I'm GLAD they don't make them like they used to.......lol. Seriously, I have a dark one like that sitting here that I bred to a pied sided blood (all SMR stock, of course)......so it is obvious that I miss the dark ones, too....I don't miss them wanting to eat anoles, though!

Yeah, I know all about those old school survival rates (or lack thereof). It's really too bad though. They were gorgeous.

Alright poppycorn, you gotta let me know when you do produce some gorgeous little red babies, coz I want one! :)

Back