• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wild Cherry, "old school" bloodred

Okay, Daire really, really needs one of those in his harem that I haven't started yet.... let me know how that clutch turns out :)

Kjun,

I'm thinking the Pied ones might be out of my league, sorry :D

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I was first... shoving her way into the line... :smash::smash::smash::smash:

hubba, hubba! what a looker!!
wow. The s.o. may have to wait for his anery. Poppycorn's Wild Cherry + Rubicon = ME WANT
I'm with Voodoo and Howler. Where's the queue?

Where's the queue?
weebonnielass said:
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I was first... shoving her way into the line...

lol didn't mean to start a fistfight here...:twohammer I knew I was going to get in trouble when I posted then saw that yes indeed Ginger had spoken first...

My policy is to go in order of sincere PM's. Please include a non-forum associated email so I can more easily manage the list. I don't think I am going to get too many of these since only half the clutch will be bloodreds and I have deliberately kept this girl on the slender side this year so the eggs won't be so huge that she can't get them out, like what happened last year. So I may have sacrificed some fertility.

Yeah, sheesh everyone! No fighting!

*Voodoo teleports himself peacefully to the front of the line and then makes himself invisible so as to not disturb or anger the others, who have failed to notice his brilliant move*

Yeah, sheesh everyone! No fighting!

*Voodoo teleports himself peacefully to the front of the line and then makes himself invisible so as to not disturb or anger the others, who have failed to notice his brilliant move*

Spraying Voodoo with water gun... if I can see the air shimmery in an earthquake, I can see you.............. filling up water gun

lol didn't mean to start a fistfight here...:twohammer I knew I was going to get in trouble when I posted then saw that yes indeed Ginger had spoken first...

My policy is to go in order of sincere PM's. Please include a non-forum associated email so I can more easily manage the list. I don't think I am going to get too many of these since only half the clutch will be bloodreds and I have deliberately kept this girl on the slender side this year so the eggs won't be so huge that she can't get them out, like what happened last year. So I may have sacrificed some fertility.

Understand, Marsha.... may she only have healthy babies with no need for any outside help :)

I'm thinking the Pied ones might be out of my league, sorry :D

LOL. Doesn't make them any less pretty to look at, though, does it? BUT, I don't expect to produce any as dark as poppy's this year...so still give credit to tjhe OP where the credit is due... :)

unusually dark red fire,

He wouldn't happen to be one of Don's UY810's, would he?

Yeah, I know all about those old school survival rates (or lack thereof). It's really too bad though. They were gorgeous.

Yeah, in the 90's, you could get good ones that didn't eat or ugly ones that usually ate....but not both. You can get good ones that eat now (finally!), but not the "dried blood" color of the blood reds from the late 80's and early 90's. That's why I pretty much avoided the bloods almost completely until recently. The choices just weren't GOOD enough to REALLY interest me until the pied-sided line came along. I don't mean because they are pied-sideds - I mean because they are such good bloodreds (color, pattern, and health) that even the normals from that line are awesome. I'm ashamed to say that those are the ONLY ones I show off to visitors. I leave my other lines of bloods "hidden." LOL.

KJ

LOL. Doesn't make them any less pretty to look at, though, does it? BUT, I don't expect to produce any as dark as poppy's this year...so still give credit to tjhe OP where the credit is due... :)

Definitely not... just outside of my pocketbook range :)

Yeah, in the 90's, you could get good ones that didn't eat or ugly ones that usually ate....but not both. You can get good ones that eat now (finally!), but not the "dried blood" color of the blood reds from the late 80's and early 90's. That's why I pretty much avoided the bloods almost completely until recently. The choices just weren't GOOD enough to REALLY interest me until the pied-sided line came along. I don't mean because they are pied-sideds - I mean because they are such good bloodreds (color, pattern, and health) that even the normals from that line are awesome. I'm ashamed to say that those are the ONLY ones I show off to visitors. I leave my other lines of bloods "hidden." LOL.

KJ

Kjun, I love the pied-sided ones too. Don't get me wrong, the bloodreds of today are gorgeous animals...and the fact that they actually survive is worth the minute sacrifice in coloration. :)

Gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS! It's always a treat to see a bloodred as perfect as that.
If I wasn't up here in Canada I would definately grab a blood or fire off of you from that clutch! :bang:

Lisa

Just had to say, every few minutes all day today I find myself back at this thread staring... :eek1:

He wouldn't happen to be one of Don's UY810's, would he?KJ

Good call, KJ

Rubicon was the reddest fire produced from that cross in 2006, and is sibling to Habanero and Blaze, who had the best diffusion. These, along with Cerise, the premier female from 2007, who we think will likely surpass all of them, including her mother, for color and diffusion, are representative of a new line of fires originating from those parents.

I am curious to see if Wild Cherry's fires will qualify for the "Habanero Hot" distinction.

when i first went on the smr website that is the exact snake i wanted...your's is looking really beautiful. i love the rich, deep red!

Good call, KJ

Rubicon was the reddest fire produced from that cross in 2006, and is sibling to Habanero and Blaze, who had the best diffusion. These, along with Cerise, the premier female from 2007, who we think will likely surpass all of them, including her mother, for color and diffusion, are representative of a new line of fires originating from those parents.

I am curious to see if Wild Cherry's fires will qualify for the "Habanero Hot" distinction.

I've got a sibling to those (male), too. It's not as dark as the one you have photographed here, but it is darker than most (many?) of the siblings that I've seen. His diffusion is about as good as ANY of the ones from that group that I've seen, and he has fewer white flecks than almost all of the ones Don currently has at his place. Long story short, I think he screwed up and sent me one of the best and held back some that turned out to be less phenomenal! Lucky me....bad lucky Don....lol. That's the BEST group, when all is said and Don (pun intended), of albino bloodreds....probably in the entire US. I hope that male will turn into the patriarch of my fire pied and ultramel blood lines over the next couple of years! If I had a female from that line, too, I'd be in heaven.....lol.

Sooooo, it wasn't too hard for me to guess the origin of your albino blood. Nothing else out there really produces "fires" with THAT look reliably. Good snake you have there. Congrats!!!!

Habanero peppers really aren't that red. Caribbean reds are, and they are a type of habanero (if I remember correctly - and I've only frown a few of them once), though....lol. ;)

Back