• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wild Cherry, "old school" bloodred

That is a stunning blood, absolutely beautiful :cool:

I've been after one myself for quite a while, and managed to find one that I really liked today, I can only hope she turns out half as nice as yours :)

Thankyou for sharing those photos, especially the progression shots :cool:

:eek: Holy ***** ********. Can I have her?? How is the breeding going?? Link to the web page of the person you got her from?

Thanks for the compliments, all, it's really fun to be able to share this special girl with everyone. Like I said, she's one of the favorites here.

That's the BEST group, when all is said and Don (pun intended), of albino bloodreds....probably in the entire US....Nothing else out there really produces "fires" with THAT look reliably.
I have to agree on that...I'm not aware of anything else quite like them.

I've got a sibling to those (male), too. ... I think he screwed up and sent me one of the best
Congrats to you, too for landing one of those. Is yours an 06 or 07? But don't feel too sorry for Don, he bred Habanero back to 810 this year. I suspect that some of THOSE babies could outshine anything that's yet been produced.
If I had a female from that line, too, I'd be in heaven.....lol.
I have two. They are incredible. It IS heaven. I open their boxes just to stare, every single day.
Habanero peppers really aren't that red.
Hmmmm....good point. How about calling them "Cayenne Fires" then, because Don is expecting even the more orange-y ones to turn as deep red as the parents in the next year or two.

NFS07 said:
Can I have her?? How is the breeding going?? Link to the web page of the person you got her from?
Nope, you can't have her (though I understand completely - I'd feel the same way if she wasn't mine already). Still a few weeks out from seeing any eggs. Don Soderberg's website is cornsnakes.net. Don is one of the biggest & best cornsnake breeders and a flat-out really nice guy.

Congrats to you, too for landing one of those. Is yours an 06 or 07?

CB06, too. Maybe the double clutch? I never asked...... I believe he only got one girl (if that!) from 810 last year. I know he got none I would want to breed to this male. I'm adding an 810 daughter to my collection this year if any look comparable to my male. ...as best as you can judge babies, anyway!

he bred Habanero back to 810 this year. I suspect that some of THOSE babies could outshine anything that's yet been produced.

Yeah, anything based on 810 as the matriarch HAS to be a good looking bloodline. :)

I have two. They are incredible. It IS heaven. I open their boxes just to stare, every single day.

I barely make it outside into the adult cornsnake room every day.....lol. I know the feeling, though. If these people like the image of yours, they'd die seeing it in person, I bet!

How about calling them "Cayenne Fires" then

LOL. I sometimes call some of my red bullsnakes "Cayenne reds" - I've just called that guy a "Darn good SMR albino bloodred." That looks is what most people have been breeding towards for decades!

I won't post it here since it is not my story, but have you heard about how Don RE-acquired 810 a few years back? :dancer:

What was the price for her? Which picture on that site got you hooked? I saw one that looked like her but not nearly as dark.

I hope all goes well with the breeding, I'm sure you have a list a mile long of people who want one.

Which picture on that site got you hooked? I saw one that looked like her but not nearly as dark.

I hope all goes well with the breeding, I'm sure you have a list a mile long of people who want one.

Here's the photo, posted here with permission from his website (cornsnakes.net). This one's more diffused than Wild Cherry is currently but then she's only 3 years old and Don says it can take up to 5 years for all the diffusion to come in. In some lights Wild Cherry is brighter, others she's even darker than the photo in the tree, which was taken on on overcast day.

She's packed full of eggs, so if she lays them okay, there's still room on the list.

KJUN said:
I believe he only got one girl (if that!) from 810 last year.
Not true. He sent two to me, one of which didn't make it. The other I have named Cerise, and she is clearly destined to surpass 810 in every respect. I won't post her photo here, she deserves her own thread. And yes, I know well the story of 810. But again, that's a different thread.

BTW for those of you trying to figure out what we're talking about, 810 is a superb fire (amel blood) female bred and sold and repurchased by Don Soderberg. I bred one of 810's sons to Wild Cherry this year and KJUN recognized his lineage from the pairing photo I posted. 810 is not directly related to Wild Cherry, who is a bloodred only het for amel.

Attachments

• bl056 SMR.jpg
    bl056 SMR.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 152
Thats the one that I thought you were talking about. How much would you be selling your little ones for if all goes well?

Not true. He sent two to me, one of which didn't make it. The other I have named Cerise, and she is clearly destined to surpass 810 in every respect.

You must have missed the part where I said either he didn't have any girls...or none that I'd waste a cage space on to breed to mine.....based on looks as hatchlings only, of course. I remember seeing that clutch pip. I just didn't remember if there were no girls...or no girls I wanted enough to take up a cage space. :) ...unless those are from the second clutch. I never asked about a second clutch.

I am VERY glad she (if it is from the first clutch) turned out better than she looked like she should as a hatchling. :) That's what happened with my male, so I'm very glad for you! Is it yours or is it heading back to Don down the road?

How much would you be selling your little ones for if all goes well?

I won't know until I see what I get. They will be het for fire and the male I used is Rubicon who is one of the best from Don's UY810 pair, so that in itself is worth a lot. So they will likely go for more than the average bloodred. How much more I won't know until they get here. PM me with a non-forum email contact to get on the list for updates.

KJUN said:
...turned out better than she looked like she should as a hatchling. ... Is it yours or is it heading back to Don down the road?
I don't know if Cerise was a first or second clutch, though I was under the impression (maybe mistaken) that 810 doesn't double. While I didn't see her newly hatched, she was less than 6 grams when I got her and already was showing signs of greatness. If she was there when you were, then I am very glad you overlooked her :D. Don is letting me keep her, so she is mine. She's in blue now so I will wait until she sheds before I start a thread here with new photos, but I have posted pictures of her elsewhere on the web.

Well, I wasn't going to bump this thread but since someone else already did, I thought I'd post this pict of Wild Cherry with her eggs...delivered with NO problems. Whew!!! After her problems laying last year, I am SO relieved. She's in great shape but doesn't seem too interested in doubling.

Attachments

• May08_0709 Wild Cherry w eggs.jpg
    May08_0709 Wild Cherry w eggs.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 109
Congratulations on the successful laying, I'm relieved too :)

And thank you for updating with her progress, now the wait begins :crazy02:

Good luck and best wishes for a 100% hatch rate :)

Were those the ones you were working intensely with last year or so? Congrats on the eggies..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back