• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'14 Het Terazzo cinder amel hypo x same

Emanon

This and That
Hey all... I know I have been out of here but I have not been out alltogether lol... busy kids means busy life... some pics for that too lol.
So here are some of the babies from the Het terazzo cinder amel hypo x same I did... gonna be fun!
VVZhAcNg-GhOLputzR43W-vd-A0nSgiPdqrYjZ2RRzI=w893-h609-no

-COLXtM4k9c-hYT4LoZMjrCIB0_piuQnOmMr2HBnMcc=w849-h609-no

q4-DJSsTilkx9msb4E6f-5uypPgKpIZlg0grXs78I5E=w697-h609-no

NK926UFhtUKO50wf8klA1jb4VfSE538KP1t4NkMBi48=w828-h609-no

So... waddya think???

What are the belly markings on the cinder?

I took a shot at Cinderazzo a couple years ago and missed.

No amel-razzos- did you have any amel non-terazzos in the clutch?

A. terazzo- just plain terazzo, is my guess
B. cinder-something? My guess is plain cinder, unless the belly is patternless- then I guess cinderazzo- maybe
C. terazzo- just plain terazzo, is my guess, possibly hypo terazzo
D. terazzo- something- but I don't think normal or just hypo , definitely not amel-??? Hypo cinderazzo??? I'd think a cinderazzo would be darker/ no golden or red tones at all

* I've edited about 10 times- I think I'm sticking with this, for now. Make that 11 :)

Very Cool !!!
Curious, what were the starting adults of this project ??

SIRE: ???

DAME: ???

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Cinder belly... Clear
Sire... Cinder get amel and hypo
Same... Terrazzo hey for nothing

Ok, not sure if you checked yet, but are ALL the homo (visual) Cinder/Cinder morphs in that clutch males and the NON visual Cinder snakes ALL female???

Walter

I have not checked all of them yet but I know that I have a pair of the terrazzos... and that the cinderazzo??? in the pic is a female.

Walter, in my calculations, the cinder male would sire 50:50 male/females, all 100% heterozygous cinder.

Nanci why does your het cinder have the allele on her W chromosome? Shouldn't she have it on the Z if her father is homo cinder and her mother is wt at the cinder locus?

Nanci why does your het cinder have the allele on her W chromosome? Shouldn't she have it on the Z if her father is homo cinder and her mother is wt at the cinder locus?

This is why I need you to check my work...

Okay, all cinders must be male- so either the "cinderazzo" is not a cinder, or is mis-sexed at this point (I pop females three times before I believe trust my work), or the sex-linked theory is not valid, OR there was a rare crossover.

Ok, I just need it spelled out for me first.

The mother of this clutch is het terrazzo cinder amel hypo. She was produced by a cinder male het amel hypo x female terrazzo het nothing (allegedly) pairing? How do we know she is het amel hypo then? Has she proven those traits? Anyways, she should have the cinder allele on her Z chromosome because females get a Z from dad and a W from mom, and the W in this case could not have contained cinder.

Ok, not sure if you checked yet, but are ALL the homo (visual) Cinder/Cinder morphs in that clutch males and the NON visual Cinder snakes ALL female???

Walter

Okay, all cinders must be male- so either the "cinderazzo" is not a cinder, or is mis-sexed at this point (I pop females three times before I believe trust my work), or the sex-linked theory is not valid, OR there was a rare crossover.

Correct, that's why I asked..........both possible.

Walter

Ok, I just need it spelled out for me first.

The mother of this clutch is het terrazzo cinder amel hypo. She was produced by a cinder male het amel hypo x female terrazzo het nothing (allegedly) pairing? How do we know she is het amel hypo then? Has she proven those traits? Anyways, she should have the cinder allele on her Z chromosome because females get a Z from dad and a W from mom, and the W in this case could not have contained cinder.

I believe both parents are possible heterozygous hypo and amel. Not 100% het. (Well, until breeding proves them out- really, they are either homo or not, you can't prove it till you see offspring, and you may not see offspring if the odds aren't in your favor. You can rule in, but not 100% rule out.) (But maybe this was proven, for both, in some other breeding.)

Personally I am not sure that I'm seeing a cinderazzo but I am not perfectly sure. Another quirk is that we have no idea now frequent a crossover is or whether the odds of crossover are different from female to female.

Actually the second pic looks like a cinderazzo but when they said the cinderazzo??? Is female I think they were referring to the 4th pic, right?

Back