• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'14 Het Terazzo cinder amel hypo x same

I would say normals, but that the lighter first one has a lot more rosy rat influence. Although, since there's hypo in the mix that first one might be a hypo. That one with the partial striping you posted earlier, looks just like the babies from my rosy rat het terrazzo pairings.
I think cinder messes with the belly pattern in more ways than just the split checkers. I have hatched motley cinder (that unfortunately were poor eaters/kinked and didn't make it) and they all had a few belly checkers, I think other breeders have noticed that with cinder motley combos too. And I just had a hatching of ghost and hypo with several mots 50% het cinder and noticed one of those motley has a few belly markings as well.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind me posting a picture, but this is a typical "rosy rat" from my het terrazzo x het terrazzo clutch last year to show you they have a unique color/pattern. None of the babies in that clutch had any belly checkers and most of them had the partial striping.

Attachments

• typical rosy rat het terrazzo.jpg
    typical rosy rat het terrazzo.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 149
Are you sure there is no blood red involved? I just hatched a cousin that looks like a cinder bloodred, bald head and all.

Not any bloodred that I know of, and I did not have any bloodish things...

Now... I had some snakes with checkers and others with none... normals with none, cinders and terrazzos with none (obviously lol)

ya know... after further examination... I cannot say that bloodred traits are completely absent... but... no bald heads at all... and the traits I do see are consistent with the parents of the hatchlings I have now... clear bellies... some diffusion and other pattern abnormalities... but no baldness... nor thinning for that matter ;-)

POST SHED UPDATES

FS
DSC_0575.JPG

FS
DSC_0574.JPG

FS
DSC_0573.JPG

NFS
DSC_0580.JPG

NFS
DSC_0581.JPG

NFS
DSC_0582.JPG

I'm a little late to this conversation. Those are some nice looking hatchlings Shane! I'm glad you were able to produce some cool stuff from that pairing.

Sounds like the terrazzo ancestor was a pure locality one and not a JMG line then- if I had known this sooner I would have been so tempted! But, I'm guessing these are all sold by now?

Actually I still have a male Terrazzo available, maybe two but I have to check. I do have Cinders as well.

Cinder sex-linked?

I am confused about some of the conversation here about cinder being sex-linked. It is my understanding that snakes like birds are Z and W to represent there sex chromosomes. So a male is ZZ and a female is ZW and the Z represents the larger of the 2 chromosomes. meaning any gene that would be sex-linked would be on the Z. Cause if the gene was on the W only female could be cinder and know that is not the case. So if that is the case, then if cinder was sex-linked it would ride on the Z. That would mean that females can never be het cinder they either are or are not. So then to prove that cinder is sex-liked, if took a homo cinder male and breed it to any normal female, you get normal males het cinder and cinder females cause the female only has 1 copy of the Z so that Z has the cinder gene the female would show it. I know that is how it works in birds, but I am new to snakes and there likely some things I don't know.

I have one male that is ph cinder terrazzo amel and hypo that has striping... I also have one female cinder that went off food recently that has some good striping... trying to work on her... PM me if you have some interest. We can talk about that female etc..

Back