• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'14 Het Terazzo cinder amel hypo x same

Baby B- I'm not convinced that is a cinderazzo, either. But- it would be AFAIK a world first, so no one knows what happens to the terrazzo pattern when the cinder gene is combined with it. Baby B is definitely cinder.

Will it remain the typical terrazzo pattern, with cinder coloration? Will cinder dampen or alter the terrazzo pattern?

I'm not positive Baby D is cinder, either, but it sure looks different from typical, wild-type terrazzo coloration.

Yes, I'm interested in what the sex of the obvious cinders are...but for the purposes of the sex-linked explanation I'd rather disregard offspring when the morph is uncertain. Hopefully the baby that is clearly cinder is male.

Also, I'd bet money that baby B is het terrazzo. As far as I know, normal het terrazos have no "het markers." But since cinder already has an effect on pattern, cinder babies could be what we call a "sensitized background" that allows the terrazzo allele to bleed through somewhat even if there is only one copy of it (look at that neck!). We see things like this happen a lot in mouse genetics.

But diffused is also a pattern mutation. Do you ever see that neck in cinders that aren't het for any other pattern mutation?

The immediate parents were both her terrazzo cinder amel hypos.
I will be sexing again and may even take pics of pops for y'all but... Pics like that are usually sold to The Enquirer.
;-)

Haha, no I wouldn't ask you to do that. But if you can tell me the sex of all the obvious homo cinder offspring (pop those girls multiple times!) it would be really helpful and I would be extremely grateful!

I get what you are saying Walter, I reviewed my 09 records and the parents were slightly different than I thought...
Grandparents of these clutches sire cinder het amel and hypo x terrazzo.
Parents Het cinder and terrazzo POSS het amel and hypo

That being said I have not seen any plain amels or hypos at all... just variations of the ones posted and normals... normals that are very brown... not much red in the pattern at all.

I have pictures to share with the cinder looking ones with the female as well... pics of tops, bellies, and pop.

I popped her many times... it is my second session popping her and I did it 2-3 times per session...

I have pictures to share with the cinder looking ones with the female as well... pics of tops, bellies, and pop.

I popped her many times... it is my second session popping her and I did it 2-3 times per session...

Excellent, I am excited to see the results!

Whats Poppin

#1 Top
BnZeKeDw5EjEww4Pna9e3DH_0WzGKq4VKMNaKldOQUI=w604-h695-no

#1 Belly
DSC_0520.JPG

#1 Pop
DSC_0519.JPG

#2 top
DSC_0522.JPG

#2 Belly
DSC_0523.JPG

#2 Pop
DSC_0525.JPG

So a male and a female? Very interesting. I got some results from Carol that seem to disprove the sex linked theory, however, I have a counter explanation that still allows them to be on the Z W chromosome. It will require us to get into some hard core genetics but I will post it on Walter's thread. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

See- that's more of what I was expecting in terms of pattern disturbance. Wonder what that is! Sure will be fun to do test breedings!!

Actually these partial striped pattern ARE known het markers for the terrazzo mutation. Some het terrazzos show those markers, some don't. Congrats on those neat hatchlings, did you get a cinder terrazzo?

Yes, my parents to these hatchlings have these markings... we have been trying to find out if I did or not lol... we just are not sure. The other snakes in the thread are the "special" snakes out of the clutches. I am going to go through the clutches tomorrow and mark down what I have for each morph and catalog what I have and present the findings so to speak.

Back