• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

6/6/06

zwyatt said:
Anyway, I've laughed, I've learned, I've acquired far to much information about a some people's preferences in the opposite sex...*ahemdean*
Well Zach, you can take everything away from me, but you can't take away my dig-ni-ty. :grin01:

zwyatt said:
I guess there's not much to add that hasn't been said in this one.

Well, to bring it full circle, Zeke is doing very well without his testicles. But since he was a full-grown, large dog, we may now have to change his name to Flapper.

Aubrey said:
No body has brought up the subject of cheese wheels yet, those kick arse!! :bird:
Personally I prefer the string cheese. I spend a lot of time in Wisconsin during the summers at my lake house. They sure know how to make a good cheese up there! Thier cheese curds are AMAZING!

Well liveing in Florida, I dont get to see alot of prime cheese. But the stuff they have at the liqure store next to the wine is pretty damn good. As far as the curds go, well they are quite curd like I would guess.

I like warm brie with cut apples and fresh baked bread, with some nice white wine.
Thank God I'm a girl.

(No "thats sexist" comments please. I'm just expressing myself.)

jazzgeek said:
ACK!

...and...

:roflmao:

That's all I need. To be "stuck, together" (NOTE THE IMPORTANCE OF PUNCTUATION MARKS!) with Elle. I might develop a taste for haggis.

regards,
jazz

LOL even i don't like haggis...
But i could easily make you hug sheep :)

Dang, cheese now? I missed a lot... my favorite cheese is the kind that comes in deli cups... Oh, I mean from the deli...

Tula, "Baaaah" means no...

Last edited:
King21 said:
I wonder what jazzgeek's opinion on Wisconsin cheese is....being from Wisconsin and all.
First off, you gotta get it fresh. When you buy curds and they're clumped together like a clutch of eggs, fuggetabowdit.

Secondly, eat 'em at, or a little below, room temperature. This combined with the aforementioned freshness, will cause 'em to squeak against your teeth as you eat 'em.

Salty, stinky, squeeky (LEEKO!) cheese curds. You can't beat 'em.

I'm off to sing the Official Wisconsin State Hymn:

"What a Friend We Have In Cheeses" ;)

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek said:
Wikipedia does a good job of defining Emo, both in terms of music and culture.

regards,
jazz

OK, I didn't read past page one until today. Fugazi is Emo music??? You learn something new everyday. I loved Fugazi. :shrugs: Should I be embarrassed?

This may just be the booze talkin', but I freakin' love this thread. :cheers:
carol said:
OK, I didn't read past page one until today. Fugazi is Emo music??? You learn something new everyday. I loved Fugazi. :shrugs: Should I be embarrassed?
Alright, the Fugazi, Emo connection...
Fugazi was the first band to be called "emo", but what's considered "emo" these days is soooo much different. The main difference being how much more Fugazi rules than all the new "emo" stuff. I love Fugazi, and The Pixies, and Sonic Youth and all of the other bands that probably inspired "emo", but if you ever saw me in person you would swear under oath that I am not the type that cares much about personal image the way that "emo" kids do.
On the other hand, "emo" has been defined so many different ways to me, I'm still not sure what it really is, and to be honest I don't really care. Now when you start mislabeling punk is when I am really up in arms.

carol said:
I also loved and still do love fugazi, but they werent really emo. Emo started out as fairly cool stuff, the band refused was emo and they were ok as well, but the emo scene today is just plain out crybaby, my girlfrind broke up with me, so I date her brother now music. Its a disgrace to rock music in general. This is not an opinion this is a fact. 30 helens agree EMO SUCKS!!!! (especialy Emo Philips)

jazzgeek said:
I'm off to sing the Official Wisconsin State Hymn:

"What a Friend We Have In Cheeses" ;)

:roflmao: Having grown up a conservative christian and having sung all of those old hymns, that was really funny!

Fugazi

The best show I ever saw in my life was Fugazi in 1991 playing in the bowels of Detroit at this place called St. Dominic's Soup Kitchen, because it was a soup kitchen. The show cost 5 bucks, that is one thing that Fugazi has always been great about: cheap tickets besides their live performances are fantastic. I have seen them 5 times.

Anyway, about half way through their set and in the middle of a song a fuse blew and the power went out. THEY KEPT PLAYING. It was amazing actually, the drummer kept the beat going and the rest of the guys got spastic and started jumping up and down even harder and they all started singing the lyrics together. Then the power came back on. It's one of the most memoriable moments at a live show I ever had. I actually met a cousin of a cousin a few summers ago and he was there as well. We both got so excited we talked about that show for what seemed to be an hour. :crazy02:

Heh, ya. I may still have a "This is not a Fugazi T-Shirt" laying around somewhere. :sidestep:
:)

carol said:
Heh, ya. I may still have a "This is not a Fugazi T-Shirt" laying around somewhere. :sidestep:
:)
Ive got one, but I dont wear it because of the blood and vomit stains. That was a great night! :)

carol said:
I may still have a "This is not a Fugazi T-Shirt" laying around somewhere.
Serpwidgets said:
And on the inside of the collar is an irony tag. :sidestep:
Magritte had this covered years ago.....

regards,
jazz

Attachments

• MagrittePipe.jpg
    MagrittePipe.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 40
Back