• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

6/6/06

As for guys wearing girls jeans, I see your point. It's an interesting look. Our hairdresser does it because he's too skinny for guys jeans. But then, I really prefer for people not to hold me to their gender stereotypes, so I try not to hold others to mine. There is another issue with guys wearing girls jeans which is NOT about gender stereotypes, but is also an issue with tight jeans. Either is bad, in my book.

As for Converse, didn't Nike buying them out already ruin them? I still wear them of course, but it's a different thing now that Nike owns them.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to do the multiple quote thing. I'll have to look it up.

Serpwidgets said:
I think I've got you out-dorked on that one... I get excited over numbers like 286, 386, 486, 341, 747, and numbers that are "round" in binary like 16384, 32768, 65536... also numbers that are the same backward and forward like 87078.
:grin01:

Serp, I think it's quite possible that you have me out-dorked on a lot of things. ;)

It's catching, though. When I was recently in Arches Nat'l park, I came VERY close to trying one of those 3-D pictures with a large rock formation. :)

jazzgeek said:
Likewise.

Even if we're all going to hell for it. It's in the Bible. ;)

regards,
jazz

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

So my 18-year old brother-in-law reminds Kristi and me all the time. Then when we argue he kind of squeaks in this peri-pubescent voice (the boy weighs about 90 lbs), "But I don't make the rules!" :roflmao:

I don't have any agendas, and "tepidness" is a matter of opinion.
I think that posting "Another emo annoyance: The 13 year old kiddies who lock themselves away in their bedroom, slitting their wrists", after someone expressed how the subject upset them, was not only "oblivious to sensitivity", but egocentric, attention-grabbing (surprise there), and dumb as well. But hey folks, this is only my opinion, and this is only a forum. NO sweat off my brow.

BTW, there is a famous/infamous live music club here in Austin called Emo's. It's a pretty old club, but fits the stereotypes expressed here.

kimbyra said:
I think that posting "Another emo annoyance: The 13 year old kiddies who lock themselves away in their bedroom, slitting their wrists", after someone expressed how the subject upset them, was not only "oblivious to sensitivity", but egocentric, attention-grabbing (surprise there), and dumb as well. But hey folks, this is only my opinion, and this is only a forum. NO sweat off my brow.

BTW, there is a famous/infamous live music club here in Austin called Emo's. It's a pretty old club, but fits the stereotypes expressed here.
I will give you a hug if you like. I dont meen that sacasticly.

When I was in highschool those were the girls I dated...it's pretty funny really. I was with the skateboarding punk rock band guys and we all dated the sensitive dark poets. :rolleyes:

I think that's why I have laughed so hard at that website, I love a good joke especially one that can be pointed in my general direction.

bryanc said:
When I was in highschool those were the girls I dated...it's pretty funny really. I was with the skateboarding punk rock band guys and we all dated the sensitive dark poets. :rolleyes:

I think that's why I have laughed so hard at that website, I love a good joke especially one that can be pointed in my general direction.
I had to stay away from those chicks, mostly because of the big thick rim glasses. They reminded me of Lisa Loeb and I couldnt handle that.

kimbyra said:
Hug Back to you Aubrey.

See, all that was just to get a hug from Aubrey. lol
Flattering will get you everywhere! (everywhere your mother ever told you not to go)
:eek1:

kimbyra said:
I think that posting "Another emo annoyance: The 13 year old kiddies who lock themselves away in their bedroom, slitting their wrists", after someone expressed how the subject upset them, was not only "oblivious to sensitivity", but egocentric, attention-grabbing (surprise there), and dumb as well.
Wow, could I get mileage out of the irony tags with this one. You do realize that Tula was expressing her opinion with this post, no?

And if expressing an opinion on a public forum is egocentric and attention-grabbing, we've all got swelled-headed attention sluts. If you truly took umbrage to her post, why not use PM?

Oh, that's right. Nothing like validation from others when taking it to the forum's whipping post of the month. :rolleyes:

But hey folks, this is only my opinion, and this is only a forum. NO sweat off my brow.
To which you're entitled. Why not grant others the same latitude?

Well, I hope nobody from that club frequents the forums here. We can't have you being oblivious to their sensitivity. :grin01:

Man, I love irony.
Man, I hate you all. Even Cliff Yablonski. :crazy02:

regards,
jazz

Roy Munson said:
Let's all hug. Funny how Satan's Day brought us all closer together (*wipes tear from eye*)
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I'll say it again. I love irony.

So, when's the sacrifice?

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek said:
And if expressing an opinion on a public forum is egocentric and attention-grabbing, we've all got swelled-headed attention sluts.
Insert your favorite concubine-keeping joke here. ;)

regards,
jazz

And further evidence for the emo = Emo theory, back in the olden days, Emo cuts off his own finger in the movie UHF. :wavey:

Boy, is my face red!

:rofflemow:

desertanimal said:
Serp, I think it's quite possible that you have me out-dorked on a lot of things. ;)

Serpwidgets said:
Electricity is billed in kilowatt hours, which is watts * hours, divided by 1000, and abbreviated as kWh.

So if you use a 100 watt light bulb for 10 hours, you've used 1000 watt hours, or 1 kWh.

Given 24 hours in a day, 30 days in a month, there are 720 hours in a month. Using a 15 watt heating pad, you're using about 10,800 watt hours, or 10.8 kWh in a 30 day month.

Prices vary and you should be able to find it on your electric bill, but in Nov. 2005, the national average was 9.74 cents/kWh.

Given that average, a 15 watt heat pad would cost a 105.192 cents, or "a buck oh five" per month.

two. :roflmao:

Back