• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

8/29 Tampa Expo

I would prefer a rather simple and elegant design myself. I've seen some shirts, that although the graphics might make an interesting wall hanging, it's nothing I would want to wear out in public myself. But that's just me, I guess. I'm not really a graphics designer and can't draw a circle that looks round.

I can start this up as much as possible, initially, but I would like some help with a design.

Bear in mind that I am still not out of the woods yet with my own animals. Stuff is going down into brumation, but I am still moving animals around in preparation for next breeding season, and trying to get a list of adults to put on surplus. There are some things involving my other sites that need to be addressed as well. So time is still going to be an issue. Not to mention that I am really looking forward to some down time to get the heck out of the salt mines for a while.

So I would really appreciate any help I can get with the startup of this project.

Thanks!

Rich Z.

The site logo is fine with me. It would be kewl if you could put your username somewhere on it too, would help for people bad with names.

Chris, I had this idea for Daytona next year that we should rpint up little name badges with our avatars and user names on them.

Nanci

hardwired said:
At least I got to meet Mr. Mohr. I enjoyed speaking with him. He seems like a really personable guy.
Thank you for the kind words...now if you will only buy a dozen cornsnakes... ;)

kathylove said:
The show was pretty disappointing.
Lots of people did bring their newly purchased corns by for advice on them. Most looked pretty nice, some even well started, and the prices on the cups were mostly around $15 or so. But it was disappointing that many of the novices who came by for advice were not even willing to buy a book, or even willing to buy 2 cheap cages instead of just one. Several were determined to house them together, no matter what.
It is disappointing when a show is not profitable, but even more discouraging when attitudes of the new owners was what I saw this weekend.
I hear you Kathy....All I can say is:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kathylove again."

I have pretty much the same feelings. The show was pretty disappointing with the number of vendors selling cages full of corns for next to nothing. Not a big fan of the "U-pic" your corn out of a tub full of "good" feeders! Also a little disappointing when the customers won't listen....I had one girl buy a male corn and then buy another one at a different table that was a female. She came back to my table and wanted to "switch out" the male for a female because she didn't want babies. I told her there would be no problems if you housed them seperately, but she insisted on housing them together. Just couldn't get through to her. :headbang:

kathylove said:
Maybe next time we design a corn snake shirt...
Great idea Kathy....and I see people are already running with it....that's what happens when I miss a few days around here!

People just don't like to listen. I made a couple attempts at selling a cbb well started green tree python at previous shows, and got a lot of complaints about the $500 price tag...hard to compete when the wholesalers are selling imports for $250-300. I did have one guy respond to "why should I pay that much?" with "cause this one will live, unlike those other ones" before I could even blink. You get the smart ones, but they're few and far between.

Well I didn't go to the Tampa Show just a bit to far for a Sat. drive, lol. Having only been to a couple shows myself, I did notice how low priced most animals seemed. But then those sellers didn't know much about what they were selling sex, eating records, morph... Ball Pythons for $15.00 :shrugs:
I do like the t-shirt idea, but does it have to be on the east coast only? I plan on going to more shows and it would be fun to see someone from here, a friendly face. just a thought, susang

I'd totally get a shirt. I'm already psyched. The site logo is absolutely adorable and I like it a lot. It'd be a fun thing to wear, heehee. As for the fifteen dollar ball pythons... I steered away from those like crazy. I'd rather spend 50/75 bucks on a normal I know is from a decent breeder then a cheap one that doesn't eat or shed right or anything.

Back