• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

8/29 Tampa Expo

It looks like I will probably be there early as well. I have to take Jeff out to Lakeland tomorrow morning to pick up a car and there is no point in me driving all the way back home and then coming back out to the show...
Not sure yet what time that will put me at the show, but I will call you when I get there.

I'm going to shoot for around 1PM.

For those of you that don't know me...

just look for an old ugly dude with a great smile! :laugh01:

Last edited:
I'll be there prob just before noon...was hoping to leave here around 10...but after leaving for work at 3.30am and getting home at 11pm (you'll pay joe, you'll pay!) I'll prob wait till 11 or so to leave...but I say that now, who knows in the morning. I talked to Gino of Lost World today, and he's debating showing up, as is kathy love, so we'll see.

Lookin fwd to it though, should be a fun day.

CMLReptiles said:
I'll be there prob just before noon...was hoping to leave here around 10...but after leaving for work at 3.30am and getting home at 11pm (you'll pay joe, you'll pay!) I'll prob wait till 11 or so to leave...but I say that now, who knows in the morning. I talked to Gino of Lost World today, and he's debating showing up, as is kathy love, so we'll see.

Lookin fwd to it though, should be a fun day.
Dang, well if it makes you feel any better, I'm getting up now to get ready for work.... :D

Hey, I remembered why I came to this thread this AM...
I'll be the bald guy wearing a charcoal sleeveless tee with a cartoonish scull and crossbones tee from the Cocoa Beach Surf Company, cargo shorts, and tan suede Vans shoes... may or may not have a camera in hand as well...

All right, I'm leaving! Jeans, lime green sweater, pink sandals, pigtails.

But so far I think everyone going already knows everyone!

Nanci

Its usually $8-10 to get in and sometimes they charge for parking too.
Not sure yet when I will be there....but it will definately be earlier than 300pm...guessing around 12noon or so.

I'll be in black shorts with a black button down shirt with an x-rayed lizard on it...also will have a stroller with what, at this moment, will prob be a screaming baby in it.

Well, all six of us that showed up went home with at least one new addition! I'm counting Chris and family as three- and he got enough for the whole family...Nice to see Jeff and Beth and Gino, and I missed Kathy- she was busy talking to friends and I didn't want to interrupt. I actually watched one of the shows, Roark's Reptile Safari, which was about teaching people not to fear spiders and snakes. He was excellent with children, and hilarious! I have a couple pics- I'll DL them tomorrow...

Nanci

Yea, must admit the turnout was a little disappointing, as the big GTG dinner ended up with 4 people and a baby.

On a happier note, I went home with an opal poss het stripe (thanks jeff), a pair of axanthic fl kings, hypo blood female, butter mot female (thanks gino), and a male tri-color hognose (thanks jim). So, not too bad a day...pics later.

I ended up with two new additions from the show. I was there in the morning but ended up having a migraine so I had to go home by eleven. At least I got to meet Mr. Mohr. I enjoyed speaking with him. He seems like a really personable guy. I am sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you all. Hopefully that will be remedied next year. Did you all get to go to dinner with Kathy or anyone?

Regards,

Laura

Chris- Google Giancarlo Giannini for Angie- that's the actor I was trying to think of. (No way would I have come up with that name!!) See!!

Nanci

It was disappointing I did not get to hang out with everyone at dinner. I only got about 3 hours of sleep Fri night and just couldn't even keep my eyes open - just really wiped out. Maybe we can get together at the spring show.

The show was pretty disappointing. Bill wasn't with me, so I couldn't get around to see the show, but some friends got some really super cheap corns that looked pretty nice - some were even yearling / subadult motley snow and ghost females for around $30! That explains why corn sales were pretty slow for the regular vendors. I brought very few corns, since I didn't want to compete with the cheaper corns at the show. But I was surprised that people didn't even seem to buy the posters, coffee mugs, little cheap carvings and "musical frogs" and such that usually pays our expenses. Wish I could have gotten to take a look around myself. Maybe the show wouldn't have been so boring, and maybe I could have found a couple of "surprise prizes" for myself!

Lots of people did bring their newly purchased corns by for advice on them. Most looked pretty nice, some even well started, and the prices on the cups were mostly around $15 or so. But it was disappointing that many of the novices who came by for advice were not even willing to buy a book, or even willing to buy 2 cheap cages instead of just one. Several were determined to house them together, no matter what. Guess they figure it is easy to replace such cheap pets, unfortunately. I did tell some of them to come here. Since they weren't willing to spring for a book, at least they can read something worthwhile. It is disappointing when a show is not profitable, but even more discouraging when attitudes of the new owners was what I saw this weekend.

Sorry I missed you Nanci! It would have been refreshing to gab a little with more CS people at the show. Hope we get to talk at the next show!

I noticed a def "trailer-vibe" to the show myself. Not only did it just not seem like people were there to spend money, but it seemed like most of the vendors were content to offer only lower end animals at very low prices.

I was there mostly to just... see a show and to get my friend a few turtles and some supplies. I have both of Kathys books and Dons as well and I saw quite a few of you who had tables up! :3 I'm just really shy and looked a little bit haggard ( I was lost for an -hour- trying to find that place) and since I couldn't afford/am not allowed any more reptiles, I didn't want to distract anyone from someone who could've bought a few animals.

Okay, and I was there for pinkies. Of which there were none and I was disappointed. That lead to another two hours of being lost trying to find a pet store that sold some so Shredder could eat (which we did, and he did, with great gusto and joy). But I had fun and despite the 'trailor vibe' - which I did get, despite my having worn crocks and a tank - I just... I don't know. I liked being able to go and chat with a few people on how Kings could be pigs or how jungle corns were cool looking or joke about how [this womans] kid was the cutest hatchling at the place. But I'm not a vendor. I'm just a kid whose livelyhood is selling expensive broadway tickets in an office. ._.; Bah!

If anyone saw the girl with red/blonde hair, a brown tank top, bright purple crocks and a small cooler on Sunday (with a slightly lost looking taller girl with long hair), that was me. :) Hope to see you all around some other time.

Too bad Rich doesn't have a CS t shirt. If the "shy" people (who don't want to introduce themselves) came to the shows wearing it, at least we vendors would know that here comes somebody who actually read something about corns before coming to the show. Even new members to CS will be refreshing to talk to at the shows where most of the attendees are either out for a Sunday drive, or impulse buyers looking for the cheapest, cutest thing they can find without having to actually learn anything about it. It would be a nice break from the usual crowd.

Heck, I would probably be interested in selling the shirt if it was a nice design, and would also be willing to give a small discount to anyone wearing it to a show. I bet other CS member / vendors would be willing to do that too. It would be worth a discount to know that a particular customer has taken the effort to learn a little about corns, and will be less likely to make some of the really basic mistakes that some of this past weekend's show attendees / customers surely will go through.

They were out of the size mice I needed. So next time I'm going to go there first thing. My ice was still (barely) frozen _Sunday_ afternoon. I bought it Saturday at 9AM, and it was in a cheap styrofoam cooler all weekend. Don't be shy next time! We're friendly!

Nanci

Oh, I know you're all nice! Crowds of people just put my fear of crowds RIGHT up there in my head and so I get really, really withdrawn. It's a change from my normal slightly-hyper personality.

As for the mice, I think all they had were rats of certian sizes. Ice stays for quite a while, though! But hooo-dang! Those pet store mice are expensive and it makes me sad.

Kathy, I really like that idea of a CS shirt. I'd definately buy one of those. Wear it to every con! Display the CS.com (Or cornsnake in general) love to all around and spread the word. Being able to see someone across the expo grounds and seeing that you've probabaly chatted with this forums before is also a plus and would deeeefinately kick start me into trying to talk with people.

Back