• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

8/29 Tampa Expo

I will be at the Chicago show and also Chantilly, Va. Not Orlando.

I hadn't heard anything about the Tampa show changing or closing. The spring show is often quite good. But I doubt I will be back to the fall show, unless something really changes in what I sell or the people who attend.

Maybe next time we design a corn snake shirt, I will see what Rich thinks of doing some with the CS logo too. Or maybe just do some Cornutopia shirts that also say CS member, or something like that. When and if we ever get around to it, I will mention here and discuss it with Rich, since I don't think he is inclined to get into the t shirt business. Or maybe it will motivate him to print up some himself. I think they would be popular, at least with the regulars here.

I wish I could go. :\ My job just cut my hours and I live in Ft. Myers so a drive up to Orlando would kill my buget. ._.; The next show I think I can hit up is Repticon in Ft Myers, December 8. But I don't know how big that's going to be, unfortunetly.

It is not a very big show, but has been getting better in recent years as far as attendance. Our local herp society will have 2 tables and we will also have 1 for ourselves.

Our herp society can always use volunteers at the show and other times. if you are not already a member, please consider joining. Go to www.calusaherp.org to see what we do and where we meet. Our next meeting is this Thur night at the nature ctr. Our Christmas party will be really fun. It will be at our house on Dec 15.

It would be great to have you involved!

kathylove said:
Our herp society can always use volunteers at the show and other times. if you are not already a member, please consider joining. Go to www.calusaherp.org to see what we do and where we meet. Our next meeting is this Thur night at the nature ctr. Our Christmas party will be really fun. It will be at our house on Dec 15.

It would be great to have you involved!

Actually, I was planning on going to that meeting! I'm going to try and pull my mother with me (she's getting over her fear of snakes with Shredder, my 07 caramel) to show her I'm not the only weird person out there and that herps are nothing to be scared of. :) I'll try to be less shy (maybe drink something sugary before hand) but it'll be good to finally get involved!

Our speaker will be a friend who breeds corns and rats, among others. He will be talking about ratsnakes. We always sell cookies and soda to raise money for the group, so come thirsty! Then we go out to Uno's Pizza afterwards to hang out with the speaker.

See you in a few days!

I made it to the show after work! Got there around 1:30ish. Had in my heart to find a hypo lavendar or a coral snow or a miami. This time around (was there last year "just looking") I recognized the different morphs and had a great time identifying them in person! There seemed to be a lot of corn snakes. The only person I "recognized" from the forums was Jeff Mohr because he was wearing a t-shirt with his name on it! He had lots of pretty babies, and was very nice to talk to. I did find my third corn--I just knew it when I saw her...a very pale pinkish hypo lav! I'll post pictures in the photo section, as well as tell you all of my harrowing adventure in chit chat!!! :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

p.s. Did someone say Orlando?? :sidestep:

p.s.s. And I would definitely like to buy a CSF t-shirt to wear to the shows! It would be a great ice breaker for sure! :wavey:

I love the t-shirt idea. I think I'm just gonna get a cap with "cmlreptiles" printed on it to wear to the shows. not only will it allow people to spot me, but it'll advertise too! :)

kathylove said:
Maybe next time we design a corn snake shirt, I will see what Rich thinks of doing some with the CS logo too. Or maybe just do some Cornutopia shirts that also say CS member, or something like that. When and if we ever get around to it, I will mention here and discuss it with Rich, since I don't think he is inclined to get into the t shirt business. Or maybe it will motivate him to print up some himself. I think they would be popular, at least with the regulars here.

Well, this has been brought up before, and although I wouldn't mind at all doing something like this, the REAL stumbling block is storing the shirts somewhere. Not to mention the logistics of just shipping them to people who wanted one. Connie is already about ready to strangle me because I have "her" covered porch just about FULL of shipping materials. It's been several years since we could even see the rocking chairs on the porch, much less sit in them. I really REALLY can't think of any free space around here where I could store a box or three of shirts where they wouldn't get me killed because I pushed Connie over the edge finally, or they would get infested with bugs and have holes chewed in them. Even worse, I'm sure it would really make someone's day to get a shirt sent to them and put it on to find a big palmetto bug inside.... :eek1:

So yeah, if that hurdle can be jumped over, I'm willing to do something like this.....

As long as your approval is there, I'm sure somebody on here would have no problem storing/shipping the shirts. All we need is a design and somebody who can get it printed now...*sniffs* yup, I smell a contest!

Yes, the way I see it, is that somebody (maybe us, or whoever goes with it) makes a design, Rich approves it, and somebody else takes it from there. Since Rich doesn't want to be in the t shirt business (AFAIK), he could either have some printed for himself if he wants, or buy them wholesale from whoever does the approved design, if Rich wants any at all. Otherwise, the person who does the work and gets the printing done, will print, store, sell, ship, etc.

The design could be a contest, or somebody can just design one, and if approved, could take the risk to see if it sells. Since it is Rich's site, I think he has to approve the use of the name / logo, etc. But of course, if it is "approved" by the majority of CS members, it is more likely to sell well.

What if we come up with the design and then sell it from Cafepress, with Rich getting the profits? Then anyone can have whatever shirt, bumper sticker, boxer shorts, whatever they want, and no one has to store it.

http://www.cafepress.com

(That's where you can buy the Katy Manula shirt, BTW!)

Nanci

Nanci said:
What if we come up with the design and then sell it from Cafepress, with Rich getting the profits? Then anyone can have whatever shirt, bumper sticker, boxer shorts, whatever they want, and no one has to store it.

http://www.cafepress.com

(That's where you can buy the Katy Manula shirt, BTW!)

Nanci

I doubt there will be much profit to be made. I would just like to have something interesting for the members that would spark some excitement about this site, and yet not prove to be a burden to me. At least not timewise. Seems that everything tends to snowball to where it becomes an avalanche right around July thru September....... :crazy02:

Anyone used cafepress? If they handle all the grunt work, this might be a feasible plan.....

Rich Z said:
I doubt there will be much profit to be made. I would just like to have something interesting for the members that would spark some excitement about this site, and yet not prove to be a burden to me. At least not timewise. Seems that everything tends to snowball to where it becomes an avalanche right around July thru September....... :crazy02:

Anyone used cafepress? If they handle all the grunt work, this might be a feasible plan.....

You just have to make the design, and then you get to select which items to have that design put on.

T-shirts, coffee mugs, mousepads, etc etc.

They do all the 'grunt' work, and you can order a single shirt at a time, if you wish. You basically setup a shop and people order from Cafepress, but you get any money that is made on the sales provided you increase the price over the base price---say 14.99 on a t-shirt.

I think we should somehow make v_various do the design. She's the most talented snake cartoonist/illustrator of all time.

Nanci

Sounds like you could just hold a contest here, pick out the winner, set it up with Cafe Press, and let them do the rest of the work. Sounds pretty doable.

I think it should be simple.
Maybe the site logo (roundel) on the front, with the full web address on the back about shoulder height. And possibly customized with your user name on the left breast area. :shrugs:

Back