• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

complicate genetic combination

Thanks. I appreciate the reply.

I have an incomplete list of Cornsnake morphs, starting with line-bred terminology, through single recessive genes, and up through double and triple recessive combo morphs available HERE.

Robbie-

The CMG is as accurate as possible. The genetics are well written and the morphology has gone as far as possible to evaluate the most popular consensus. Do some things get left out or overlooked? Absolutely. Are some opinions more heavily weighted than others? Absolutely. It is the nature of the hobby and the nature of writing a book like this. It is inevitable, but overall the book is VERY accurate and incredibly useful.

tyflier,

You will never get me to agree with your statement that Hybino is an "accurate" term for Amel + Hypo...My reasoning was already explained in detail and I stick to it. You also will never get me to agree that Hybino is something that has been used for Hypo Amel in Cornsnakes for a long time, because it hasn't. You aren't going to change my opinion, so please, stop with the long-winded posts already. :rolleyes:

vetusvates,

Robbie's correct that the CMG is your best bet for an as complete of a list as you'll find. I haven't found any website that is anywhere near as complete as the book. You could also check out the ACR for oddles of morph photos; just go to the Search (Under Snakes & Breeders) and select the genes you want. :)

TME wrote:
tyflier,
You will never get me to agree with your statement that Hybino is an "accurate" term for Amel + Hypo...My reasoning was already explained in detail and I stick to it. You also will never get me to agree that Hybino is something that has been used for Hypo Amel in Cornsnakes for a long time, because it hasn't. You aren't going to change my opinion, so please, stop with the long-winded posts already. ...
That's fine. You're welcome to be wrong forever...

You have never succinctly or accurately explained why hybino and albino are "not accurate" for cornsnakes, because it cannot be done. Sorry, but definitions do not change because of the subject to which they are being applied. Hybino is the combination of albino and hypo. That is an accurate statement whether you apply it to boas, corns, milks, mammals or any other living organism on the planet. I can call a Ghost a hybino if I want to, and I would still be right...no matter who doesn't like it.

Let me put it in a mathematical equation for you:

IF hypo is the reduction of melanin AND albino is an absence of pigment THAN hybino accurately describes an animal that is Amel and Hypo. It also accurately describes ghosts, hypo lavenders, phantoms, ambers and many, many other corn morphs.

However, the commonly accepted use of the term "hybino" is to describe an amel/hypo animal...even a cornsnake...

You don't have to agree with me that "hybino" is accurate. It doesn't change the fact that it is.

And this is why I am done with this discussion with you. You think that your opinion is right based on nothing and have no desire to listen to someone else's opinion in an adult manner without resorting to snot-nosed remarks or "roll your eyes" smilies. That is sad.

Hybino is a trade name, not a scientific name (like Amelanistic, Hypomelanistic, etc)...Because it is a trade name, it can't be a "commonly accepted term" for everything. As stated multiple times, it is not (or at least was not) a commonly accepted term for Cornsnakes (and not for Balls or Boas either).

Now, I'm going to go look up "safe" options to kill a sinus infection...At 37 weeks my OB won't give me antibiotics and I feel like I'm going to die... :crying:

Now, I'm going to go look up "safe" options to kill a sinus infection...At 37 weeks my OB won't give me antibiotics and I feel like I'm going to die... :crying:

Amoxicillin and/or good old-fashioned home-made chicken soup. OB's tend to go over-board with their caution.

Back