• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how big should a snake be around this time?

BeckyG said:
Just a tip, if you want to be taken seriously, using correct spelling and grammar will go a long way toward achieving that end.

i use spell check (i think it was put up there just for me) and i read it over. and it seems fine to me.... so if u got a prob with it write it over in "English" .... that will help the others a great deal. think of it you would be actually doing some useful. my personal translator. :wavey: :cool:

hediki said:
i use spell check (i think it was put up there just for me) and i read it over. and it seems fine to me.... so if u got a prob with it write it over in "English" .... that will help the others a great deal. think of it you would be actually doing some useful. my personal translator. :wavey: :cool:

I've stayed out of this till now, but I'll translate this one for ya!
It says...

I'm arrogant and don't think you all are worth the time it would take to change my "u" to you and use punctuation. Since you all are beneath me anyway, do it yourselves.

Seriously Hediki, that's what your post says to me.

aaa.jpg

I like your translation, Mary-Beth. I think it sums things up nicely.

And I've seen the "Cambridge word jumble" argument a number of times before here. My response is usually that you could mumble at me through a kazoo, and I could probably figure out what you are trying to say. But I would get really tired of this quickly, and soon I'd ignore you altogether.

And I know you're just joking Joe, but I thought I'd clarify something. If you have not yet entered your majority, and you want to come here and hold discussions with adults, then you've got to put your big-boy pants on. My writing was better than this guy's when I was in second grade, and I assure you that this is no exaggeration. You've seen my eighteen year old sister's posts here. Did you need a translator? No, because she knows the difference between a chat room and a discussion board, and she actually respects the board's members enough to communicate intelligibly. And she didn't come here for months and months whining about her inability to make up her mind regarding this hobby. I mildly discouraged her from posting here until she actually had a snake. And the few times she has given advice here, it was based on her personal experience, or she prefaced her comments with a disclaimer that her info came from me or other sources. And now that she has some experience, I don't see her swagger around here throwing out info like a veteran hobbyist.

I don't disagree with you at all, Dean, which is why Heidki is on ignore. Reading those posts hurt my eyes. I tried at first to read them, but I just gor frustrated and never could understand half of the posts.

To spell like that is atrocious, especially when you're 17.

If you're planning on going to college, and you spell it coledge, you've got a long way to go. That is not just being lazy, that's not knowing how to spell at all.

People have to understand that this is not a chat room and that proper english is expected, and nothing less is accepted. It's really that simple.

I hate to ruin all this nice flattery, but the real reason I don't swagger around here is: I'm something akin to a goddess, and I don't deign to idly chat around with you lesser mortals. :grin01: Plus...Dean IS a turd! :sidestep:

I've seen some ads for $5,000 to $10,000 Boas on Kingsnake, posted by people who can't spell words like Visa, MasterCard, guarantee, and other basic terms. From what I've seen, spelling is not a prerequisite to be a reptile keeper, breeder, or seller. More than half the ads on reptibid have some kind of major spelling error. I agree it's better to spell correctly, but he certainly isn't the only one out there making spelling errors, even among the 'big money' reptile people.

Seriously, with a name like Geovonni, maybe English isn't his first language.

As far as getting a snake, as long as you can manage to change the water every 2 or 3 days, feed it once a week, keep the heating pad plugged in and the cage locked, and clean the cage as needed, you shouldn't have any problems. Get a yearling or 04, if you don't want something too small. Some 05s could be very small. Some might be closer to 20 inches or slightly larger, realistically. I'm not talking about the biggest 05 in the world, just what you would normally expect to find.

larryg said:
I've seen some ads for $5,000 to $10,000 Boas on Kingsnake, posted by people who can't spell words like Visa, MasterCard, guarantee, and other basic terms. From what I've seen, spelling is not a prerequisite to be a reptile keeper, breeder, or seller. More than half the ads on reptibid have some kind of major spelling error. I agree it's better to spell correctly, but he certainly isn't the only one out there making spelling errors, even among the 'big money' reptile people.

I don't mind spelling errors, heck I make enough of them that I use two different spell check programs on my posts here.
My problem is with his attitude.
so if u got a prob with it write it over in "English" .... that will help the others a great deal. think of it you would be actually doing some useful. my personal translator.

larryg said:

And then again, there are many, many breeders out there who spell correctly, and have no problems constructing coherent sentences. Guess who I'm buying from? If you are unable to understand sentence structure, or lack the common sense to proofread/spellcheck your marketing materials and ads, I probably don't want to rely on your grasp of genetics either.

zwyatt said:
:roflmao: :roflmao:

I guess the verdict is in!
Sounds a lot similar to how my siblings treat me sometimes. :rolleyes:

That's all right. When her snake's eating $4 fuzzies because I stop kindly donating cheap f/t, we'll see who has the last laugh. And she'd better start saving up for those supplements-- they ain't cheap! :grin01:

Roy Munson said:
And she'd better start saving up for those supplements-- they ain't cheap! :grin01:

Yeah, with all that heat coming from Major League Baseball, I imagine the price of 'roids has really gone up.

Lennycorn said:
Funny...
........I thought Dean was a pinky pusher. :sidestep:
I guess I'm a pinky-pushing turd. Better than a turd-pushing pinky any day! :awcrap:
zwyatt said:
Yeah, with all that heat coming from Major League Baseball, I imagine the price of 'roids has really gone up.
Tell me about it. I used to get them at a reasonable price from a minor-leaguer who lives near me, but he got out. Now I'm forced to hang around high-schools, looking to score 'roids from the varsity types. But they charge an arm and a leg! :grin01:

Roy Munson said:
Now I'm forced to hang around high-schools, looking to score 'roids from the varsity types. But they charge an arm and a leg! :grin01:

Such a great influence on the youth of America. I know it's only January, but you are a shoe-in for "person of the year" or some distinguished award. :)

hediki said:

No need. Mary Beth translated it perfectly!

If you used spell check on that paragraph, I hate to break it to you, but your spell checker is broken. If the grammar otherwise seems fine to you, you need to go back to first grade and this time around pay attention .

BeckyG said:
No need. Mary Beth translated it perfectly!

If you used spell check on that paragraph, I hate to break it to you, but your spell checker is broken. If the grammar otherwise seems fine to you, you need to go back to first grade and this time around pay attention .

go to hell..... :flames: :flames: :twoguns:

hediki said:
go to hell..... :flames: :flames: :twoguns:

I think that was a little uncalled for. What she said may have been harsh, but it fits the bill. Besides, if you've been around the forum this long it shouldn't be any skin off your teeth.

On the bright side, you spelled everything perfectly. :rolleyes:

Back