• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Long Can I Leave Eggs With Mom?

No, she hasn't even moved them as far as I can tell. I'm going to try feeding her tomorrow to see if she'll eat. That might help her out getting some strength and energy back.

Well she still hasn't moved the eggs. I went out and got a fresh mouse from the garage (where I raise mine) and she didn't want anything to do with it. She was very curious and sniffed a few times but even with squiggling or leaving it there she just slithered away.

I don't know if I'd feed her or not at this point, but if I _did_, it would be something fuzzy sized.

I don't know if I'd feed her or not at this point, but if I _did_, it would be something fuzzy sized.

I'll try that tomorrow then when I feed all the others. Someone else had recommended almost power feeding her in order to get her to move the eggs by getting her to poop. 0.o it didn't sound right to me, but I didn't realize not to feed her an adult mouse. I just am starting to think she has no energy to push the last three down and out.

Well- one thing that I am positive won't help would be any sort of oxytocin shot, or whatever they give snakes. I don't think that ever works. But I bet a vet would be able to manually strip the eggs out of her without hurting her. Have you tried lubing her up by squirting KY up her vent and seeing if you can get the eggs moving?

Well- one thing that I am positive won't help would be any sort of oxytocin shot, or whatever they give snakes. I don't think that ever works. But I bet a vet would be able to manually strip the eggs out of her without hurting her. Have you tried lubing her up by squirting KY up her vent and seeing if you can get the eggs moving?

No, I haven't tried that but I did buy some KY jelly the other day when I thought I'd have to pull the stuck egg out. So I have it on hand if that's the next step.

At this point..... The waiting game is over..I'd say a vet visit is in order.

Can you aspirate the remaining eggs?

At least then... If she's got poo in there.... It might beable to move.

Good luck..... Hope she pulls through.

At this point..... The waiting game is over..I'd say a vet visit is in order.

Can you aspirate the remaining eggs?

At least then... If she's got poo in there.... It might beable to move.

Good luck..... Hope she pulls through.

I was able to use the probe method to get the two near the vent out when I got home today. She is resting again now, it took a lot out of her to do that. She also had a LOT of hardened urates come out, so that may have been part of the issue. The last egg is mid body, I can try to massage it down but she seemed really tired after the first two.

With the probe method, I used one of the smaller probes, some lubricant, and went in and just circled the egg and she began to push, and I just did the same as last time and helped give her a little extra pressure to help her out.

With the last egg being so high in the body, is it safe to aspirate? I worry about there being more organs in that area.

That's GREAT news!!!!!

As for aspirating the last egg and its location....

That I can not comment on, as I am unsure.

I don't think you will have any success at all with aspiration at this point.

They start to harden and solidify VERY quickly and unfortunately I think it's been far too long. Even if you got the needle in there I don't think it would suck anything out. I think your best bet is to see a good reptile vet. They may have to surgically remove it, as I think they can adhere to their innards if left too long. But I could be wrong and there may be another treatment they would try before going in.

I would leave her maybe overnight to see if the passing of the 2 near the vent did anything, but I would make an appt for early tomorrow in case she doesn't pass it overnight.

The eggs that came out were pretty squishy still. I won't be able to make an appointment for the morning, I can try for Tomorrow afternoon, or Thursday afternoon. I work or have class every day until five, usually vets are closed by then.

I don't want to sound like a bad snake parent, but if surgery is the only way to get the egg out I'd probably opt for euthanasia at that point.

I would talk to the vet and see what they say, like I said there may be something else they can do that I don't know about. I know when my snake was egg-bound the eggs very very hard and gelatin-like after only 72 hours. BUT hers were infertile eggs so that probably had something to do with it.

I would talk to the vet and see what they say, like I said there may be something else they can do that I don't know about. I know when my snake was egg-bound the eggs very very hard and gelatin-like after only 72 hours. BUT hers were infertile eggs so that probably had something to do with it.

These were probably fertile. They are nice and oblong, just yellowed though. I flushed them already, I didn't think anything would be able to hatch from them.

The eggs that came out were pretty squishy still. I won't be able to make an appointment for the morning, I can try for Tomorrow afternoon, or Thursday afternoon. I work or have class every day until five, usually vets are closed by then.

I don't want to sound like a bad snake parent, but if surgery is the only way to get the egg out I'd probably opt for euthanasia at that point.

If surgery is the only option, I'd just wait and see what she does. As long as she eats and poops...

But snake surgery isn't nearly as expensive as dog surgery. And I would not be surprised if the vet can manually remove it.

If surgery is the only option, I'd just wait and see what she does. As long as she eats and poops...

But snake surgery isn't nearly as expensive as dog surgery. And I would not be surprised if the vet can manually remove it.

I hope so! Good luck with it, egg-bound snakes are no fun at all. I really hope she doesn't need surgery, but like Nanci said, if she does it's not as expensive as you might think. There was a member here who posted some really great photos of surgery on an egg-bound snake. When I get back on my laptop I will try and find it for you to ease your mind!

Maybe try giving her a soak later this evening? I know it didn't really help before but since you have gotten 2 eggs and some poo/urates out maybe it will help move the last egg down??

Back