• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Malakai-Irian Jaya Carpet Python

SteelJawEmily

Here he is! My first IJ....thanks to Heather for helping me out with this little guy!
He takes good pics in my opinion, I think he's a little full of himself. :grin01:

His home:
pic151.jpg

Don't touch me! I'll bite cha!
033malakai.jpg

W/out flash.
pic154.jpg

W/ flash.
pic155.jpg

Exploring.
pic157.jpg

pic164.jpg

Great pics of Malakai in his new home! He is very photogentic!
I'm glad I could help :)
Did you send any pics to Deb?

Here's one of the last pics of him that I took of him.

Attachments

• 023a.jpg
    023a.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 270
He is awesome! I am liking these guys more and more! For once, I have money to spend at an expo but because of my coming move I cant really get any more snakes. This sucks! I just KNOW I will find an awesome deal on one of these guys this weekend.

Thanks a ton! I love this little guy. He likes to perch too so that's very nice....and also defend his new-found territory! :grin01:

He is awesome! I am liking these guys more and more! For once, I have money to spend at an expo but because of my coming move I cant really get any more snakes. This sucks! I just KNOW I will find an awesome deal on one of these guys this weekend.

I made room for Malakai, you can make room too ;) lol

I took a few pics today before and after I gave him a bath.....of which he was NOT happy about lol

Curled up in his home....not sure how he's staying up there, seeing as all he's on is fake leaves lol
pic165.jpg

pic167.jpg

pic166.jpg

pic169.jpg

Great addition, Emily! He looks just awesome!!! You're being such a good caregiver too!!!

I didn't really get an idea as to his size until I saw the pics of him on your arm. He's NOT a little guy is he? LOL. NICE!

Great looking snake Emily! Is he a bit of a nipper?

Not really, just likes to look mean :) The only time he's gone for me is when I was taking him out of his feeding tub, but even then I think it was just because he was still hungry because he didn't get me.

Great addition, Emily! He looks just awesome!!! You're being such a good caregiver too!!!

I didn't really get an idea as to his size until I saw the pics of him on your arm. He's NOT a little guy is he? LOL. NICE!

Looks can be deceiving, Donatello is bigger...but Malakai is older by about 5 months....he was just underfed :( I'm sure he'll grow fast though! He loves his food! lol

Malakai is pretty little, for being a year old. He & two girls that I have came from a situation where they were not fed as much as they should have, so they're all underweight.

My girl, Teija is about the size they should be, at a year old.
Malakai, along with the others, will grow, in time. In the meantime, they're feisty little buggers.... :)

Attachments

• 021teija.jpg
    021teija.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 68
Feeding time! His first full "mini" hopper (aka large fuzzy).
pic178.jpg

Om nom nom nom
pic176.jpg

pic177.jpg

Hope you enjoy! This guy is so easy to take pics of, expect to see LOTS :grin01:

Back