• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Malakai-Irian Jaya Carpet Python

I know they're small, but they came from my phone so I couldn't make them any bigger.

I told Deb if she ever wanted to get rid of this guy I'd MAKE room for him lol He was my favorite out of all her IJ's.

I must apologize... I did realize that they were probably cell phone pics and probably shouldn't have said anything regarding that.

I guess what I'm saying is that even though the pics were small, he looks pretty impressive with ya! :) AND, biggest KUDOS with you that you handled the monster! LOL. :)

I know they're small, but they came from my phone so I couldn't make them any bigger.

I told Deb if she ever wanted to get rid of this guy I'd MAKE room for him lol He was my favorite out of all her IJ's.

Wally is really cool, huh? I wouldn't hold your breath for her to get rid of him. ;)
He's big enough, he'd need his own room...LOL

I know...it's like my dog.....he takes up more of my room than I do :grin01:

Malakai finally shed! So what did I do? Took a ton of pictures :D

Inside with flash:
pic252.jpg

pic255.jpg

pic253.jpg

It depends on what kind you get. Malakai being an Irian Jaya, he probably wont get bigger than 6 feet long, but they stay slender in relation to say a BCI.

Although I should say that Wally up there....is an 8 foot long IJ lol So it's kind of up to the individual. I know the Coastal Carpets are the biggest, and the IJ's are the smallest; then everything else is pretty in between. :)

I had Malakai out and about today before I fed him.

He decided he would play in my bamboo plant that I have in my bathroom.
pic265.jpg

Who is that handsome devil?
pic257.jpg

Oh, it's me!
pic258.jpg

With flash you can really see his colors
pic260.jpg

pic262.jpg

Ok I'm done....what else can I climb on and play with?
pic263.jpg

pic264.jpg

Malakai shed last night and I thought I would make a cheap light tent.

Well, didn't really work as I had hoped...but some of them turned out. I think my light wasn't bright enough. I just used a little book shelf light with 6 LED's in it.
I'm going to try black paper and borrow my dads Rebel and studio lights instead next time :)

pic306.jpg

pic302.jpg

pic301.jpg

pic300.jpg

pic299.jpg

pic310.jpg

And his more "true" colors.
pic311.jpg

pic312.jpg

Malakai is gorgeous, if I haven't said so already. ;) Is his tongue really blue or was that a trick of the lighting? Cool looking, either way.

Back