• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Official Daytona NRBE 2013 Thread

We had a small Cornsnake Supper Club evening at Zen Bistro, the best Thai restaurant I have ever been to.

let's try this. sorry about the horrible photography but you can get an idea for her color and patter through these. She's very inquisitive and not flighty or jumpy at all. I'd say she's a keeper.
9542593932_753dc84445.jpg

9542590140_884d4c1d1b.jpg

9542589688_b0faa386fb.jpg

I had a bit of excitement this morning. As we were leaving to go to breakfast, Jarrett showed me a business card he had picked up. I said- hey- have you ever seen mine? let me go back and grab my purse. So He and Troy waited in the hall. The door closed. I picked up my purse, went to open the door, and it wouldn't open. Okay, haha, open the door now, guys! "We aren't holding the door!" Okay, no really, joke's over, open the door! We aren't holding it. The card wont work. I called the desk. Someone came up. The master card wouldn't work. They sent Roy. Roy replaced the battery in the card reader. Still wouldn't work. Eventually, Roy passed tools under the door, and I took apart the lock from the inside (the doors are very secure and you can't break in from the outside without going through the actual door- like breaking through the middle of it). Unfortunately, the big screwdrivers wouldn't fit under the door, so I had teeny tiny screwdrivers to work with. But, 90 minutes later, I was freed. I spoke to the manager on duty, and they offered very reasonable compensation. Of course I assured her that we would be returning next year, and it was still the best hotel in town. :)

Some of the snaky highlights for me were of course the Palmettos and Palmetto morphs. And holding the scaleless Okeetee and introducing her to many awestruck onlookers. Seeing Rich Hume's amazing pied bloodred Tessera, as well as the snow Tessera offspring of the super Tessera. Seeing Dave P's newly-hatched clutch from the two original FIRST Tesseras. And Don's lava Tesseras.

Oh, and meeting Dr. Orlando- I wish I'd have had longer to talk to him!

And my greatest faux pas of all time. Troy and Jarrett were approached by a young guy, who they greeted as a good friend. "Hi Steve!" I wanted to make conversation, so I asked Steve if he had any cornsnakes. Everyone looked at me with expressions of shock, horror, and general WTF. And then it hit me. It was STEVE ROYLANCE. Oops!

And reconnecting with some guy named VJ Lilja...

Ha ha! Sounds like a great time. I'm bummed I didn't make it this year. But everything hatched late and money was tight anyway... Next year for sure. Hopefully I'll have some scaleless myself.

Well, I didn't buy any snakes. We ate at reasonable restaurants. We get a SUPER hotel rate, thanks to Robbie. I mean, the posted rate for our room was $800, but we paid $75, and it's an amazing room. If you are able to split that- it's very affordable. It includes free GOOD breakfast, and parking, and wifi. The best part is socializing- and that's free.

Palmetto (SUPER WANT), Leachie gecko (WANT), and my new leopard gecko.

Attachments

• Palm1.jpg
    Palm1.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Leachie.jpg
    Leachie.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Leo1.jpg
    Leo1.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 73
Nanci, there's something different about holding those palmetto and scaleless corns huh? At the Feb NARBC I was just standing at Don's booth BSing with him when he slid open the tank with the palms in it, handed one to me and my wife, and said, "here, play with these while we chat!" I want one just due to their blue-ish eyes. He later handed us one of the scaleless, and while I'm not yet wholly sold on them, but my wife was just flat out creeped out by them.

Back