• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Palmetto Heritable

(Oh- at first I thought you had kept the female that was bred to him before he shipped out to Don). But you're the one who got the snake away from the original owner- that deserves a huge congratulations!!

(Oh- at first I thought you had kept the female that was bred to him before he shipped out to Don). But you're the one who got the snake away from the original owner- that deserves a huge congratulations!!

Nah, I did breed a female Don sent out, but two days later she was shipped back to him and then the next day the Palmetto was shipped to him. That breeding is what produced the females he used this season.

Thanks anyway

dc

It looks like I need to start putting money into a hiding spot in my house... I need to save up lots for one of those snakes...LOL I would love to get my hands on one or two hets. LOL

palmetto corn price

Is anyone in the know hearing any estimates of price yet? Think they just got added to my list, along with a Tessera. But I imagine they are going to be out of my price range for quite awhile.

i was quoted 4k for females,and 6k for males in 2012-beautiful snake but i doubt very many people here will buy at that price :nope::nope::nope:

i was quoted 4k for females,and 6k for males in 2012-beautiful snake but i doubt very many people here will buy at that price :nope::nope::nope:

Not too long ago tesseras were 2,000 so I have hopes that the price will go down. I would DIE for one of these snakes. I'm so excited!

Believe it or not, you will find that many people will buy. I for one, am interested.
Don't count on the price dropping any time soon. Don refuses to let that happen, and I don't blame him.
Currently, I know he doesn't plan on selling any males any time soon, which will help him control the market.
4k is a good price and, as Nanci said, is necessary for cost make-up.

Maybe in 2020... Until then, I'll just drool over the pictures of this incredibly beautiful animal.

That's what I am thinking! Eventually the trait will get out and be more common but for now I will moon over the pictures from afar.

Unless I hit the lottery. At that point I might see if Don would let me come over and just buy buy buy. :D

Believe it or not, you will find that many people will buy. I for one, am interested.
Don't count on the price dropping any time soon. Don refuses to let that happen, and I don't blame him.
Currently, I know he doesn't plan on selling any males any time soon, which will help him control the market.
4k is a good price and, as Nanci said, is necessary for cost make-up.

No plans to sell hets either in the next year or two. People shouldn't expect the price to drop on these like with the tessera, it isn't a dominate trait like with that morph.

You can add me to the poll, I plan on obtaining one next year if at all possible. Just have to convince the boss it is a worth while "investment".

dc

I shot an email to Don earlier, and my wife and I are seriously considering getting on the list for next year. It's on opportunity to be a front runner on a new amazing gene, and 4k is a worthwhile investment.

Considering the BP market, 4k really isn't that high, though I think that is the highest price for a corn morph I've heard.

Wow, the first time I saw the dad I was in love. I'm so happy the gene proved out, such a beautiful snake! Congratz Don!

With the price tag, I guess I won't be owning one anytime in the next 5+ years. I am more interested to see if most individuals are mostly white or if there is a wide variation in the amount of colored scales.

So- I'm interested to hear what morphs are planned first!! I think I would go for bloodred and lavender. What about stripe???

So- I'm interested to hear what morphs are planned first!! I think I would go for bloodred and lavender. What about stripe???

How would it benefit? If this is in fact a paradox Leucistic and all you get is some random flecks, about all you will see is flecking in a different color scheme.

Surely pattern variation will not be visible. Yes, it's a very cool looking snake, however I don't see much more that can be done with it. It's like any other Leucisitic............about the only thing you can do with it is change the eye color :shrugs:

I'm VERY curious to see what the F1 (trait carriers) normals look like. There have been no pics. of those ever posted.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Back