• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

I love the markings on Cleo's head. They're so distinctive . And she's a great color. Pancake's owner said she should be going into shed soon, so I'm curious to see what she looks like after shed. It looks like she has a couple of scales that have been damaged so it will be interesting to see what they look like post shed.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y330-U05 using Tapatalk

Thanks zakdat! Very kind of you to check out my butter baby! Cleo's head pattern is part of what attracted me to her as a baby. It will be interesting to see what she looks like at Pancake's age.

Pancake certainly is a beauty! Yes, that first shed and color reveal with a new snake is always very exciting! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. The damaged scales should be healed or partially healed. It sometimes takes a few sheds, but unless there is deeper skin damage the scales regrow.

AjpiRssl.jpg

q4j7mc3l.jpg

Thank you, Ken. Yes, she's a very laid back snake girl. Very gentle. Only thing she's ever attacked is a dead mouse, lol.

She's getting so big, and such a sweet face. :)

Thanks! I just weighed her before feeding and she weighs 153 grams!

She does have a sweet face except for her serious food face as you can see here.

SDXW9SUl.jpg

And here's Miss "mouse tummy" Cleo safely back home :D

R4IRr53l.jpg

...... She does have a sweet face except for her serious food face as you can see here.........

That's not just a serious food face, that's a happy face too, the kind of face I make when eating one of those Fudge Cakes with vanilla ice cream on top and Hot Fudge syrup poured over it.

Great pix Dollysmom! Especially the one where your little sneaky one has the mouse trapped in her little kisser!

Just curious: Is there anything you do to maintain the quality of those pix which are incidentally, much better with your new iPhone, when you have to resize them in order to post them? Do they maintain the same or a similar quality at a smaller size?

Hiya Axis. Actually the smaller size cuts both ways. You lose some detail in a great photo, but it also masks some flaws. Because snakes are almost always moving the secret is to take a lot, discard the total clunkers (unless it's the only shot you have of something or it is demonstrative) and of the passable ones choose the best.

Thanks for the compliment. Funny thing here. I notice the really great pics of others but appreciate all of them, even the fuzzy ones.

I almost caught Cleo in the act!

Here's a picture of her head a couple of hours before she shed. She was getting restless and I knew it was going to be soon.

8MM6lDMl.jpg

She was still out and about when I found this beautiful shed minutes ago. I know the shed is longer than Cleo. I just put the yardstick to show how big the shed is.

cgAenYNl.jpg

Here's a close-up of the shed.

Jiq5amel.jpg

And here she is tooling around her viv in her new skin.

L5UDDQjl.jpg

Clyde has also cleared and he's acting like he's going to shed any minute, but I have to to turn off the light and let him do his thing in his own time. Pretty exciting evening in snakeland!

Lucky you! I was hoping to measure Atlas after his shed this week but he pooped in his shed so that was definitely not going to happen. :nope:

I definitely identify and have experienced the poopy shed. I hope Atlas cooperates next time.

It's about time to get a picture of Cleo with the yardstick and run it through the snake measurer. Besides, in 3 days it's our one year anniversary so it's a good day to get measurements on :)

I've been fortunate enough to have caught my male sneaks during the process of shedding, once caught totally by surprise! Bozo had just completed swallowing a rather large small-sized rat (more like a medium-sized one, which I wouldn't have fed him had I KNOWN he was going to shed, but those pink-to-red eyes can certainly be deceptive!). He started to rub his snout vigorously on the side of his feeding tub when I witnessed his upper-lip (if that's what they are called!) suddenly SPLIT! YIKES! :eek: Scared the bejesus outta me! (Last time I was THAT startled must've been when I was caught in a compromising position with Ellen McCrory (not her real name, of course) by one of the nuns who BARGED into the little boy's room and caught us neckin - or TRYING to! (I know, I know, this is a family-oriented sight, so I'll just leave the rest to your creative imaginations, but we were in the fourth grade! How far could we have gotten, right?)). Anyhoo, back to Bozo, I initially thought he had injured himself until I saw that his SPLIT-LIP began to peel back even further and then also on the bottom, at which time I realized that he was in fact, beginning to shed! Don't know WHY I didn't video the entire thing which took under two minutes as he easily slipped out of his old skin in one, long, slinky move! I'm not one of those people who has to record EVERYTHING I see and further, I'd much rather remember things unless it's an unusually significant milestone. I did catch Chili-Pepper in the middle of the act and posted it to YouTube though it's wasn't nearly as flawless as Bozo's change of coats. Lilly seems to do everything on the SLY. Just a part of her personality (or ANIMALITY?). (Oh well, I guess I still can't seem to use that last phrase without some difficulty).

In any case, thanx for lettin' me share!!

No prob Axis. I did witness Mandy shed and captured that on video. I also saw Cleo shed once. If I had wanted to, I could have dimmed the lights and sat there to see this one, but for how many hours would have been anyone's guess. ;)

Back