• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So What's Your Snake(s) Called?

My snakes names are:

Maize (Normal Corn): She was my first corn snake so I wanted to give her a name that described her, Maize just fit the bill :0)

Striker (anery zig-zag): I named him Striker actually because of his striking pattern, Not because of his attitude though the night I brought him home was the one and only time he did strike at me, so the name fits 2 ways..

Sythe (California King Snake): Sythe is living with a friend of mine and is for the most part his snake, so he named it sythe after the weapon of the Reaper..a bit odd but cool :0)

Kunai: (anery Stripe/motley) Kunai was supposed to go to my friend once more but I fell very much in love with her that my boyfriend agreed she could stay at my house. I named her Kunai because of the shape on her head, which kind of resembles a japanese kunai...

So that is the history of the naming of my snakes... :0)

Corns:
Jinta - Normal
Luppi - Snow
Grimmjow - Anery
These three are all named from characters in the anime, Bleach.

Special Sauce - RO
Ketchup - RO
Mustard - RO
Guess which one is the male!

Others:
Chunk Muffin - W. hognose
Chonik - W. hognose
Ook - W. hognose
My dad used to say "chonik ook" after sneezing so that's where those names came from. Chunkmuffin is a font that I thought was funny. It's a "cute fat" term.

chunk muffin... that reminds me of a buddy in high school I had who wanted to name his band squid muffin....either that or rhinobucket.

anyhow here's mine:

Pastel Ghost Male: Simon
Hypo Motley Female: Molly
Miami Female : Gina (Tony Montana's sister, Scarface, based in Miami)
Normale triple het male: Biggun (registered name is chandler)r
Two holdbacks from last year (normals het ghost): Mike and Ike (until I get em sexed)

This is just the cornsnakes, I am leaving out the blue tongue skink, leopard gecko, rosy boas and pet rats.

Calvin - (amel) Amels were the first "designer" snake so he was named after Calvin Klein.

Kate - (Rootbeer) I liked the name and thought it went with Calvin.

Keeper - (Rootbeer) first snake I ever hatched. Only one out of 12 eggs to hatch. Naturally a keeper!

Sniper - (Bloodred/diffused) hatched the year of the DC sniper,2002.

Snafu - (Bloodred/diffused) unexpected color, a total snafu!

Sangria - (Fire) sweet and red, like the wine

Horcrux - (Classic normal) A Harry Potter referance, any fan will understand the meaning!

Havoc - (Classic normal) I liked the meaning.

Hatteras - (Classic normal) After the weather station on Cape Hatteras.

Kismet - (Either a striped amel or a striped fire) I think it means fate, I liked the sound of it.

Kato - (Either a stripe or a striped bloodred) was Katrina until I saw hemipenes!

Kessler - (Either a stripe or a striped bloodred) Kramer's original name (in the first episode) of Seinfeld.

Beacon - (Bloodred/diffused) will prove or disprove whether Kismet, Kato and Kessler are striped bloods, and turn a beacon on them!

Syko - (Granite) was a psycho baby.

Steve Irwin - (Striped granite) after the croc hunter.

Elphaba - (hypo blood) The name of The Wicked Witch Of The West.

Lugosi - (Lavender) his father's name is Vlad, so I named him after the actor who played Dracula in 1931.

Luna - (Lavender) Vlad's daughter, named after the goddess of the moon.

Vidalia - (Lavender) Dean named her. But she really IS a sweet onion!

Voldermort - (Lavender) After the Dark Lord (Harry Potter)

Festivus - (Sulphur) After a made-up holiday featured on an episode of Seinfeld.

BRenda - (Bloodred/diffused) Dean named her. He seems to have a thing about naming bloodreds names that begin with BR.

Last edited:
My normal corns called Leila pronounced Lee-la, me and my boyfriend thought of it, can't remember why we had so many names and we didn't decide yet that one ended up sticking, means I have lots of cute little nicknames for her like Lee-loo and Loo-loo, sad I know......... :D

jamay- i love your anime names...i had a snow corn named Renji(Bleach) once.

This might take abit...i'll make it as short as possible.

Nyxx- normal BP - named after the greek goddess of the night
Serg- Sunglow Corn - named after a character in the book "Cold Fire"
Divana- Dumeril's Boa - means 'beautiful' in siberian
Maeve- Albino Cali King - means 'joy' in celtic
Anjay- Nelson's Milk - from book HawkSong
Kuro- Miami Corn - means 'black' in japanese(though he has very little black on him)
Jager- Kisatchie - just liked it
Zapher- Pewter Corn - just though it up and it some how fits him
Zaylem- Prairie King - different version of the name 'Salem'
Helios- normal BP - named after the young greek god of the sun
Lapis- Trans-Peco Rat - named after the stone called 'Lapis Lazuli'
Sonja- Snow Corn - different version of the name 'Sonya'
Armani- Snow Corn - like the clothing line
Arienai- Anery Corn - full name is 'Arienai Ansatsusha' which is japanese for 'the Impossible Assasin'
Wrath- normal stripe corn - one of the seven deadly sins
Greed- MBK - seven deadly sins
Envy- San Luis Potosi King - seven deadly sins
Zane- Western Hognose - from book 'HawkSong'
Pride- Hypo Everglades Rat - seven deadly sins
Kaleo- Great Basin Gopher - from book 'Shattered Mirror

Non-snakes:
Loki- bearded dragon - norse god, a trickster
Kyanite- crested gecko - type of gem
Giomanach- crested gecko - means 'Hunter' in gaelic

ok well this thread is prolly a bit old but i just got a baby corn so here i go...
Her name is Cadayle (pronounced--cud-ale) like cod with a "u" and an alcoholic drink.
I named her this because i was reading the book "The Highwayman" by the best author in the world, R.A. Salvatore, and a girl in the book has a name of Cadayle. She is always cheerful and optimistic, and so is the snake, and thus, Cadayle.

I always have some kind of song stuck in my head, and when I got my first baby (anery het. lav, now 1 n 1/2 female) it was "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White Tees, so she got Delilah. When I got meh second darling José, I had the song "José Cervo(sp)" in my head. His name was suposed to be Tom, because the writed of hey there delilah's name is Tom, so I planned it as Tom, but then....He didn't look like a Tom. Lol

quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornsnake124
mine are Monsanto, (because monsanto is a corn seed grower and he is a cornsnake) and Lucy.
LOL, as I read this, and before I looked at "Location", I thought, "gotta be from Iowa."

regards,
jazz
(who has relatives in Des Moines)

Fang (snow corn): Name he came with as a she but since probing it's Mr. Fang
Tigger (RO): He was really bouncy at first so Tigger like Winnie the Pooh
Pandora (stripped amel motley): Girl friend named her

Amel male = Jack after nightmare before christmas, was ment to get an anery and call it zero but it was a non feeder.

Amel male= Archie

Amel motley stripe= Stripe AKA b*****d snake

Butter RIP= squash as in butternut squash

Back