• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So What's Your Snake(s) Called?

mine are called
male bloodred 1
female caramel h amel 1
female caramel h amel 2
female butter 1
and so on

Lets see, theres is:
CS_F_001
CS_F_007
CS_F_008
CS_F_009
CS_F_2004_008
CS_F_2004_015
CS_F_2005_001
CS_F_2006_004
CS_F_2006_005
CS_F_2006_006
CS_F_2006_007
CS_F_2006_009
CS_F_2007_001

You get the idea, with about 100 or so breeders and keepers, you no longer name, you number.

The first corn we got my son saw the head pattern with a "V" on it (like most others do), so he named it Vern. Going only by visual cues along, I suspect Vern to be a girl, so I guess it's short for LaVerne.

I was going to go with a numerical coding scheme for the next four I got to use as eventual breeding pairs (and probably will) but my 6 year old insisted they all have "real" names. So I went with a Sitcom Theme. These 4 are Ralph, Alice, Ed and Trixie (actual breeding pairings might cause a bit of a scandal). There might be a Larry, Moe, and Curley in the future (but NOT a Shemp!). Then I'll either switch to characters from Mary Tyler Moore and all the spin offs, or All in the Family and all of it's spin offs. Unless I just go nuts and have a gazillion snakes, those two shows should provide enough names for the rest of my lifetime.

Male Butter Motley - Taka, because it sounds cool, and somewhat Japanese. "my" snake
Female Hypo - Ammy, names after Amaterasu, the god of the sun (also from the game Okami on the PS2) - my g/f's snake and her naming idea :D.

When we were in the reptile shop, the guy was telling someone else there the best name he had heard for a corn sanke, and I agree:

Kellog.

Kellog cornsnake.
Hahahaha. :D

Biff. :)

okay so your probably confused. but i do have a story behind it.

1st you might recognize if for Back To the Future.

One night me and my friend were discussing getting snakes. And some how we got on the subject of nicknames (for our selves.) and Biff and McFly came up. I called her McFly and She calls me Biff. so when i was purchasing Biff the name just kinda popped into my head. So technically is named after me :) Nd my friend named her's mckfly.

Bonnie & Raven

Bonnie was one of a pair I bought together, Bonnie & Clyde. But Clyde, who I actually found out was a she, got sick and passed away. So I just kept the name Bonnie because it sounds so inocent and sweet, which Bonnie is.

And Raven is because she is a Anery mot and I was looking for other forms of the word black. So I thought Raven was pretty and snake like.

I named my ball python kurt, after kurt cobain.
And my corn snake is named vyvyan, or just vyv after vyvyan basterd (thats his real name, don't ban me) from the young ones tv show.

My two corns are named Kernel Niblet, a friend's mom named him on Thanksgiving and thought it was cute! So it stuck, we call him Niblet.

Maize ~ Well not original but I figured since Niblet was niblet, that maize would work.

Guinness ~ Because he is black and cream like a Guinness
Beamish~ Because he looks like the Beamish label

Both great Beers!

I've added a few I think since I posted originally...
Amazons: Ember, Dante, Matrix, Rolo
Cornsnakes: Dhanab

I named my corn Orochimaru cause Orochi means large snake in japanese and its the name of a character from one of my favorite books who has snake like qualites.

Mines called Flame.

I originally decided (before I got a corn) on the name if the colors in the snake allowed for it. Sure enough they did!

Mine are called Guinness and Miller. Guinness is a BP and Miller is an Amber corn. I chose the names because these are my favorite beer brands. I'm going to pick up another cornsnake next month. I'll probably name that one after a tasty beverage too.

Back