• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tattoos

Aww thanks guys! I have 7 hours into my back already and I plan at least another 5. More segments, thicken up the outline and shading. Not sure if I want colours or not yet. The neck piece only took 1 1/4 hrs or so. But it was the most painful my goodness x.x

You have no idea how many people get creeped out by the spiderfly lol!

n870915474_3703651_7838.jpg
Wow! I love that!

I want wings too, but between my shoulder blades! I've only got 2 tiny tats but I'm already banned from having anymore by the other-half. I've got a chinese symbol on my ankle(...) and 2 tribal dolphins in a 'v' shape on my lower back.

In case people were wondering... the chinese tat is my family name (which is chinese, so I have no chance of getting it wrong if I tried)! :D

I found this to be a good webby if people want chinese tats: http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/dictionary.html
But check it first before you get tattooed! The webby predominately shows the characters in simplied chinese and not traditional.

Wow! I love that!

I want wings too, but between my shoulder blades! I've only got 2 tiny tats but I'm already banned from having anymore by the other-half. I've got a chinese symbol on my ankle(...) and 2 tribal dolphins in a 'v' shape on my lower back.

In case people were wondering... the chinese tat is my family name (which is chinese, so I have no chance of getting it wrong if I tried)! :D

I found this to be a good webby if people want chinese tats: http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/dictionary.html
But check it first before you get tattooed! The webby predominately shows the characters in simplied chinese and not traditional.

Banned from getting more? It's your body!! Decorate it! And nyah-nyah to your other-half. :)

I saw a tatoo I could live with last night. Do you guys get Reptiles Magazine? It's the horned lizard skeleton.

Can you have a tat on your foot- or will it wear off?

You can have tattoos on your foot. You just need to take care of them with sunscreen/lotion etc. Of course it will probably fade quicker than some other locations would, but they're still very nice. ^_^

I have lots on my feet. I let someone learn on me when I was a teenager, and I only let him do my feet to start, till I was comfortable enough with his work to let him do my arms. Over the toes they fade, but everywhere else seems to hold pretty well. I have none on my soles though, I would imagine they'd fade too.

I've heard that too. Or the palms of your hands.. Then again I've seen them in both places, so someone must do it..

I designed this tattoo myself and got it done recently.
It on the back of my right leg. The pictures were taken a few hours after it was done, so its still a little red. :D

Enjoy.

DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

DSCF0143.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

Here's my first and so far the only tattoo. It's on the ulnar side (back side) of my left wrist. And I must admit that I loved the pain - just like I've loved taking my piercings - so this won't be the last tattoo for me... ;)

imgp7210_orig_SE.jpg

They're so addicting... It's just too bad the last 20 minutes hurts so badly. Mine took about 3 hours to finish, and oh boy... Thinking back, I think I'm crazy for wanting another, but they're so pretty when they're done and healed!

Ahhhhhh...you have all inspired me to get some fresh ink. It has been entirely too long. I swear I'd have full sleeves if I had the money and could get away with it at work. They already give me the stink eye about the nose piercing and bracelet tatt. I'll have to dig up some pics of my art when I get home.

Spiderfly - I am absolutely madly in love with your wings.
Marinelli - I know what you mean about the pain. It's very cathartic.

This is before I added the roots, but I still need to take a pic of the completed work. It's hard because it goes halfway down my buttocks

tattoo014.jpg

Well I've been following this post for a while so I guess its time I through mine up. I only have one for now but more are in the planing when ever the money tree starts growing.
I have had this one for 2 years now and its on my lower back.
IMG_0768-1.jpg

You all have some great tattoos!!
Just thought I'd share one of mine:

My grandmother and I were both born in the year of the rabbit and she loved this fact and always gave me rabbit toys and figurines. I was always very close to her and when she died, I knew I wanted to get a rabbit tattoo. I'm half Japanese and grew up in Japan and there is a Japanese story about a rabbit that misbehaved and as punishment was put into the moon to make rice cakes for all the children on Earth. Japanese say that when there is a full moon, you can see the bunny pounding the rice cakes. These two meanings turned into my rabbit in the moon tattoo!

This is my favorite tat. I have two others, one of a butterfly (I know, how original, right?!) on the right side of my lower back that I got when I was 16 and an exchange student in Romania (probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but hey, it turned out well enough!)... and I also have the symbol for Okinawa (the island in Japan where I'm from) with the kanji for "shima musume" or island daughter (my aunt used to call me that) on my breast that I got when I was 19.

People often ask me if i will regret them later and my answer is always no. Nothing is ever going to change who i am and these tattoos are representations of the person i was at the age of 16, 19 or 20.

None of my tats are in places that are hard to hide with either clothing or a bracelet. (I actually hid the butterfly from my parents for 1 year after returning to the country!!) I didn’t get my tattoos to show them off to the world. I got them for myself and they are souveniers of some cool things i’ve done in my life…

sorry for the long post!!!

Metal_Luke666...love the blue highlight on the bones. That is incredible. Nice touch to bring out the realism. Dig the whole idea and look.

Jenneses...That back piece is amazing!! I'd love to see it finished. The moon/flower detail rocks!

Measley...I know that story about the rabbit making rice cakes. How wonderful to have such great memories of your grandmother. That's a cute, simple tat. I love it!

I'm getting closer to my back piece, yea!! I should be starting it in the next couple weeks! Pics to come!

Back