• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very worried!! Snake not moving 4 days after feed!

Yeah. Vera only weighs six grams so I was freaking out that she was going to starve to death. They sure do take their sweet time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be glad corns are fairly quick shedders. Isis' first shed with me (4 year old red tail boa) took about 3 weeks all together. Almost a week of blue then 12 days after clearing up before she decided to finally ditch the old threads. Her second shed was a bit quicker, but still about a week after clearing up from blue.

I have one that goes blue and it is a good 10-12 days before she sheds. I don't recommend it, but if feeding day falls in the earlier part of her blue, I feed her. She is voracious and has never regurged. Usually as soon as she digests she sheds.

I fed her 3 days ago and I noticed that she is in her warm hide and plugged up the entrance completely with aspen substrate! She is so funny.

I have one that goes blue and it is a good 10-12 days before she sheds. I don't recommend it, but if feeding day falls in the earlier part of her blue, I feed her. She is voracious and has never regurged. Usually as soon as she digests she sheds.

I fed her 3 days ago and I noticed that she is in her warm hide and plugged up the entrance completely with aspen substrate! She is so funny.

HAHA mine is doing the same thing. Holed up on the cool side though!

This is now the third day of the clear phase. Still no shed. Still no activity or anything. He's just laying on the cool side and refuses to even come out to use the humid hide. Can it be possible for a snake to have stuck shed on his whole body? Should I give him a soak, or wait a few more days?

He's fine. When I myself use the term "clear," I mean the snake has come out of hiding and is moving about, and looks like he's shed, but you can't find the shed. When that happens, in my experience, the snake sheds within 24 hours.

My snake was clear for almost a week last she'd (which was his best and most perfect she'd yet). He doesn't leave his hide. He also has no use for humid hides. Your snake generally knows What's best.
What I like to do is offer something a bit rough. I found a really smooth rock that I leave in the viv at all times. But still. He's fine.
It's not possible to have a whole body stuck shed. Just as a she'd, he needs to grow out of it. Could be his growth is a little bit slow this time round.

This is now the third day of the clear phase. Still no shed. Still no activity or anything. He's just laying on the cool side and refuses to even come out to use the humid hide. Can it be possible for a snake to have stuck shed on his whole body? Should I give him a soak, or wait a few more days?

Wait it out. Like I said, one of mine even takes 10-12 days! She is still plugged up in her hide, but this is normal for her. Moist hides are of no interest to her.

Let your guy be, just watch every day for a shed. I have lots of plastic aquarium plants and pieces of wood in my vivs for them to rub on, anything with a rough surface is welcome in your viv, just no sharp edges. Mine always start by rubbing their faces on things, that starts the process, then they slither out of it like a banana, leaving the shed inside out. I hope you get to see it, it is pretty cool!

My snake was clear for almost a week last she'd (which was his best and most perfect she'd yet). He doesn't leave his hide. He also has no use for humid hides. Your snake generally knows What's best.
What I like to do is offer something a bit rough. I found a really smooth rock that I leave in the viv at all times. But still. He's fine.
It's not possible to have a whole body stuck shed. Just as a she'd, he needs to grow out of it. Could be his growth is a little bit slow this time round.

Wow almost a week! My guy seems to be heading in that direction lol Glad to hear it's not possible for a full body stuck shed xD I don't have anything "rough" really in the tank. Don't have much room cause I stupidly bought a HUGE water dish and that monopolizes all the space lol I don't know how people are making a 29gal work, I'm gonna upgrade to something around the 55 size soon.

Wait it out. Like I said, one of mine even takes 10-12 days! She is still plugged up in her hide, but this is normal for her. Moist hides are of no interest to her.

Let your guy be, just watch every day for a shed. I have lots of plastic aquarium plants and pieces of wood in my vivs for them to rub on, anything with a rough surface is welcome in your viv, just no sharp edges. Mine always start by rubbing their faces on things, that starts the process, then they slither out of it like a banana, leaving the shed inside out. I hope you get to see it, it is pretty cool!

I'm watching. Intensely haha. He stuck his head out of his hide yesterday as I was cleaning out the cats litter box (which is near the Viv) and I havn't seen him since. His color looks almost normal but no shed and he's still a no show most of the times. The roughest thing I have in the tank is the HUGE water bowl but it's not even that rough lol I do have a piece of driftwood that could double as a semi hide but it's too large to fit in the tank with the water bowl :( I'll be getting some vines soon and maybe some plants. I'm just afraid to clutter his tank up too much haha

What I like to do is offer something a bit rough. I found a really smooth rock that I leave in the viv at all times.

I love the apparent contradiction here! :D I do get your point: a smooth stone is plenty rough for them to get a shed started and much rougher than a glass tank.

I love the apparent contradiction here! :D I do get your point: a smooth stone is plenty rough for them to get a shed started and much rougher than a glass tank.

Yup. All of mine have a rock, a piece of wood, and the Exo Terra hides and water dishes are slightly rough to start rubbing on. Nythain is right, even a "smooth" rock is rough enough to start the process.

Any luck today? Scarlett STILL hasn't shed yet either!

Back