• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very worried!! Snake not moving 4 days after feed!

Yup. All of mine have a rock, a piece of wood, and the Exo Terra hides and water dishes are slightly rough to start rubbing on. Nythain is right, even a "smooth" rock is rough enough to start the process.

Any luck today? Scarlett STILL hasn't shed yet either!

Nanci was right, today was the day!!! I came home to a lovely pile of snake skin in the corner of the Viv. Didn't get to see the process cause I was out all night, but glad he finally shed! I'm gonna feed him and check to make sure everything came off (tail tip/eye caps) :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I can tell it's a clean shed! Eye caps and tail tip are all in the shed skin!!!! The tip of the tail was a bit soggy which was a little gross as it wasn't near the water dish or anything... Thanks for all your help guys!!

Yay! And yeah, a newly shed skin is like wet toilet paper, I leave them in there for a few hours to dry and then lay them on top of the viv until they are fully dry. I had a wadded one that was still wet when I tried to examine it, like I said, it was like trying to straighten out wet toilet paper. Icky.

Yay! And yeah, a newly shed skin is like wet toilet paper, I leave them in there for a few hours to dry and then lay them on top of the viv until they are fully dry. I had a wadded one that was still wet when I tried to examine it, like I said, it was like trying to straighten out wet toilet paper. Icky.

Haha yea that's exactly what the tail was like! The rest was completely dry but the tail part was buried in the aspen so I guess it didn't get to air out. Even the dry stuff is slightly icky cause it just reminds me HIGHLY of sunburned peeling skin. Ick! I think maybe I'll start a little snake scrapbook and preserve the shed next time :) The eye caps are pretty cool, just like hard contacts!!

He still has that same white patch on his neck though :( Maybe he got a cut and he's still shedding layers of it off? Idk if that's possible but that's what it looks like :/

Hmm. I wonder what the patch is. Can you get a good photo of it now that he's shed? And if you think that shed is icky, just wait till he leaves you a poop burrito!!

Hmm. I wonder what the patch is. Can you get a good photo of it now that he's shed? And if you think that shed is icky, just wait till he leaves you a poop burrito!!

Yea I'm kinda worried about it :/ Can't really get a picture at the moment as he just ate yesterday and I don't want to be bothering him (he's hiding). I'll see if I can get a good photo tomorrow without having to pick him up or anything. He's eating normally and had a nice clean shed so I don't think he has any immediate health issues. He spends most of his time hiding but I guess that's normal for snakes?

I think maybe I'll start a little snake scrapbook and preserve the shed next time :) The eye caps are pretty cool, just like hard contacts!!

I kept Scarlett's first shed in my diary, but that was the first and last! And you are right about the contacts. Sometimes I can't tell if they are there or not, I take a pen and touch them to see if they are there.

And how do you know about hard contacts? I barely remember them and I am just a year or so older than you (cough cough, look around, turn and run!)!:laugh01::laugh01::laugh01::laugh01:

I kept Scarlett's first shed in my diary, but that was the first and last! And you are right about the contacts. Sometimes I can't tell if they are there or not, I take a pen and touch them to see if they are there.

And how do you know about hard contacts? I barely remember them and I am just a year or so older than you (cough cough, look around, turn and run!)!:laugh01::laugh01::laugh01::laugh01:

That's exactly what I did! I took a pencil and poked around to make sure something was actually there lol

And haha I had to do loads of research on using contacts when I first got mine, so naturally I stumbled on hard contact tutorials. Never have I been so grateful for technology lol They're pretty harsh!

Back