• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What the heck is this ???????

Nett

This came out of a Reg to Reg breeding which the both Regs were what I would assume were DH for Snow ........ And this came out ....Its hard to get a good pic of him but ........What do you think ?????

Babies_July_29_020.jpg

Babies_July_29_022.jpg

Neat! Looks like some sort of paradox anery.

It's possible it's a chimera, too.

-Kat

Wow. I've never seen anything like it. That top half looks...pink? And mainly on one/both sides?

Paradox said:
Wow. I've never seen anything like it. That top half looks...pink? And mainly on one/both sides?

Yeah .....And the black is like purple looking ......And it looks like the top 1/2 pattern has faded out ......

Nett said:
A Chimera ? Got a pic ?

It will be neat to watch him /her grow .......But very weird indeed

A chimera is like a Siamese twin but they turn out as "one" fully formed snake instead of having 2 bodies or 2 heads

There was a thread here about a similar hachling that came from a egg that was attacked by mold. You should do a search to try and find it.

In a way it reminds me of the Anery type C corns that rich has in his photo gallery somewhere.
Has that pink, very odd.
but then again the world of corn snakes is becoming a rather odd place, more and more surprises await im sure.

I doubt it is anything genetic to me it look more like an incubation mishap than anything else. Imagine that snake all rolled up inside of the egg, to me it seems as if the oddly colored patches are on the snake in the areas that would have been touching the egg. I think this was said in the thread that I mentioned in my previous post but still applies here.

Billybobob said:
I doubt it is anything genetic to me it look more like an incubation mishap than anything else. Imagine that snake all rolled up inside of the egg, to me it seems as if the oddly colored patches are on the snake in the areas that would have been touching the egg. I think this was said in the thread that I mentioned in my previous post but still applies here.
That's what I was thinking, analogous to a birth mark on a human baby. :shrugs:

closer look

sorry I didnt look at that really close I do notice a whitesh blemish on the front half,but it does look to be in shed did it just hatch? post some pictures after it sheds! Theres alot of possablities what it can be caused from,I know that mold will change corns patterns and maybe color also,what substrate did you use to incubate them in and was there any visable mold on the eggs?

These are pics after it has shed .......

I was thinking since the color is the last thing to develop maybe thats what has happened .....under develpoed coloration before it hatched ...But he/she is not a premie ..... Right on time and hatched out right with the sibs ....Sure is neat though and a total keeper :cool:

Genetic? Only speculation, but I'd say so at this point.
Notice that one whole side is lighter than the other....
Really interesting. I look forward to seeing it after a shed or two.

Sorry hit post before I was done ......

I use vermiculite with the same incubation temps as always.....no mold or even discoloration on the egg ....... It would be very kool if it was genetic :)

Back