• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What the heck is this ???????

I'm going to throw in my vote for another pic Nett :) I'm very interested to see how that lil one is growing.

Back to the snake in question:

The distribution of black pigment is very interesting to me. Especially how it is divided so cleanly. What it reminds me of is some chimaeric leucistic axolotls that have one sided pigment migration similar to your snake. They end up looking white with black speckles to one side of their body. The pigment migrates off the neural crest during development in the egg. It looks like for some reason it migrated more heavily to one side with your snake. It could be that he is a chimaera (generally caused by an egg being fertilized by more than one sperm, or by humans splicing notochords together in a lab) or that something random during develpment interrupted that pigment migration. And who knows, it may be that whatever interrupted the pigement migration is genetic. If he thrives then time will tell either way. I hatched out a chicken once that was a chimaera. He/she/it was a fertile hermaphrodite, and had similar pigment migration to your snake. It had one orange eye, one black eye, and the side of the body with the orange eye had much less melanin than the black eye side with a strong line of division down the back. It will be very interesting to see this snake grow up regardless. Best of luck!

Boy people here sure like to go way off topic. Nett just asked what people thought of the snake, then there gets to be name calling and everything else, including what goes on in other forums. Relax, everybody has thier own opinion, don't jump down their throat for saying it. Just agree to disagree. Love the snake Nett, post more pics as it sheds.

Back