• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What the heck is this ???????

It's a pretty thing! Genetic or not, I love the color!....Even the darker saddles have a purple/red hue. I hope it keeps it...keep us posted.
Deb

New pics of Stoney

Well here he is after his 2nd shed and has changed yet again ....... He reminds me of Stone Washed so ....... Here is Stoney :cool:

Babies_Aug_11_001.jpg

Babies_Aug_11_002.jpg

Babies_Aug_11_003.jpg

Babies_Aug_11_005.jpg

Wow, is that the same snake? :eek1: Such a huge change! And possibly even more beautiful than before.

"Odd Bloodred" comes to mind with the patches of faded color.. but wow, a bunch of things come to mind, all which have been mentioned before.. colors remind me of those Anery C's too.. wow.. how is it eating? Male or female? And where did the parents come from? Can we see pics of it's clutchmates & parents? Thanks, and sorry for all the questions! :D

Looks like an amazing Miami phase, but it also kinda reminds me of the Z morph, from what I've seen of it. I doubt it is, but it's kinda funky lookin'.

scalesnthings said:
"Odd Bloodred" comes to mind with the patches of faded color.. but wow, a bunch of things come to mind, all which have been mentioned before.. colors remind me of those Anery C's too.. wow.. how is it eating? Male or female? And where did the parents come from? Can we see pics of it's clutchmates & parents? Thanks, and sorry for all the questions! :D

Eating great ....... Parents were bred here in Canada one by me and one by a friend of mine ........Parents were Normals DH's ........So I got Amels , Anerys , Snows and Regs out of the deal ..Ill try to get some pics for you :)

Joejr14 said:
Looks like a regular normal to me with some fading. What's the big deal?

My thoughts exactly. But every one wants to think that they have that 1 in a million random mutation.

No offence is meant to Nett, heck I hope it is a new genetic trait and you can reproduce it, But I highly doubt there is anything genetic about it.

Hope you prove me wrong. :cheers:

I too doubt that the "stonewashed" elements of that snake's look are heritable (as I think I posted before). I think there's even a decent chance that the look won't be as pronounced as the snake matures. BUT, I do think that the snake is a very promising Miami-phase. I'd love to see Carol post a rating of its Miami quality (I'm going to guess that she'd give it A-/B+). :)

I like how there's a perfect lateral line between the faded and unfaded sections near the head. Pretty darn funky.

-Kat

Joejr14 said:
Looks like a regular normal to me with some fading. What's the big deal?
Well darn, I hope some of my normals look like that then.. lol.. I personally have never seen a normal so different looking, but that's not saying much, I havn't seen near as many corns as a lot of people on this site.. either way, it is a beautiful little wiggly worm and I'm so glad it's eating well :)

Billybobob said:
My thoughts exactly. But every one wants to think that they have that 1 in a million random mutation.

No offence is meant to Nett, heck I hope it is a new genetic trait and you can reproduce it, But I highly doubt there is anything genetic about it.

Hope you prove me wrong. :cheers:

No offence taken ....But honestly I could give a care if he is that one in a million random mutation ....I totally think he is kool and will breed him to see if he proves cuz thats what I do ......and if he is genetic I more then likly wont sell any babies for a very long time as I will mix and match into several different lines ....I highly doubt he is genetic as well but hey hes another new project for me to dink around with and something neat to watch grow and change as he matures :)

Kat said:
I like how there's a perfect lateral line between the faded and unfaded sections near the head. Pretty darn funky.

-Kat

Yeah ..........I like that too .....Its really hard to get a good pic of the line between the two sections .....Kinda hope he stays like that :cool:

He certainly looks unique, i love him. Good luck with the breeding plans & keep us updated with his pics.... :)

normals

He looks alot different after the shed! Glad he is eating! As far as normals go believe me when you start producing alot of normals het for different traits alot can look anything but normal! :cheers:

Roy Munson said:
I too doubt that the "stonewashed" elements of that snake's look are heritable (as I think I posted before). I think there's even a decent chance that the look won't be as pronounced as the snake matures.
Not sure if that's what Nett is looking for, but I don't think anyone can argue that it's definitely a unique look! (Kinda miffed by Joe's post :shrugs: ) I mean, is the odd/random two headed snake an inheritable trait??!!

The original post reminded me of the bloodred (?) that was posted by someone (sorry, can't remember who) a year or two ago with washed out ghost looking patches. Obviously this snake isn't to that extreme, but it's 'similar'. With the shed having taken place, it can't be argued that it's just a new hatchling 'look'. There's something going on there . . .

D80

EDIT:
Joejr14 said:
What's the big deal?
I wonder if Don had chalked the 'odd white scale on the progenitors of the pied side' up to 'what's the big deal' if we'd have pied sided bloods now?!

Back