• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

8/29 Tampa Expo

Would the ice last out the day? As I want to wander and look, cha. Ice on the way home (Ft. Myers, woot) isn't such a big deal as we can stop and repack as needed but when it comes to the ice and the buying.. Ice in the morning, buy later on in the day? Or in the morning ish? I don't know. D: Maybe I'm paranoid.

I've never had a problem with the ice melting, even in one of those sucky convenience store coolers. Mike's right, you can either buy the mice and they will hold them for you, or you can buy them right before you leave. The ice melts more slowly if you leave it in the bag.

Nanci

With everyone buying mice, I'm definitely going early now... :grin01: I need another couple months worth... If you get dry ice, it evaporates, so you won't have a chest of water ;)

can't wait for the show, it's been killing me! not sure about animals, but will prob be getting some handling equipment for the more...aggressive snakes, as well as some cages for my chondros. I'm gonna see if I can find an old vendor badge or something so people can pick me out of the crowd.

Chris, I put that magazine for you in the truck- don't let me forget to give it to you!

Nancib

CMLReptiles said:
I'm gonna see if I can find an old vendor badge or something so people can pick me out of the crowd.
Good idea!
You're like the Eric Clapton of the forum, you look a bit different evertime I see you. :grin01:

mbdorfer said:
Good idea!
You're like the Eric Clapton of the forum, you look a bit different evertime I see you. :grin01:

LOL, well, last year at daytona nobody was able to pick out the guy with the bright green mohawk...so gotta figure something out right?

I just emailed FeedersPlus to please bring me a trio of the soft furred rats. I always forget to remind him before a show...

CaptBogart said:
I just emailed FeedersPlus to please bring me a trio of the soft furred rats. I always forget to remind him before a show...

Ya know...I live only a few minutes from their shop...I could prob set up a very lucrative business making deliveries to people in the tampa area *ponders*

CMLReptiles said:
LOL, well, last year at daytona nobody was able to pick out the guy with the bright green mohawk...so gotta figure something out right?
That's because everyone had a green mohawk, should have picked a color not so popular... like fuschia.... :grin01:

If I can figure out where I put the tshirt I bought at Daytona this year - that is what I am planning on wearing.
Beige tshirt with National Reptile Breeders Expo on the front.

CMLReptiles said:
Ya know...I live only a few minutes from their shop...I could prob set up a very lucrative business making deliveries to people in the tampa area *ponders*
Nah, lucrative hiring someone to make deliveries around the Tampa area.... but there's a guy with one leg already doing that, kinda hard to compete with... unless you're racing... :sidestep:

CaptBogart said:
Nah, lucrative hiring someone to make deliveries around the Tampa area.... but there's a guy with one leg already doing that, kinda hard to compete with... unless you're racing... :sidestep:

LOL, heard about that did ya?

CMLReptiles said:
LOL, heard about that did ya?
I met him actually... I was going to have him make me a weekly stop when I used to feed live, and there's the old guy that sells snakes at the local shows who always wears the back brace... from Trinity, he delivers too... :shrugs:

Here's a good question...who's actually going to the dinner after the show?

I'll be there with the wife and baby, and I believe my friend jim is going with his wife and kid, so that's 6...might be a good idea to give them a call and let them know what they're in for!

What time are you guys going? I can't wait till 3:00...I'm probably going at 10 or 11. Call me when you get there!

Nanci

Back