• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Boa tail photo: male or female?

It's called palpating,
This method, much like popping, depends on the strength of the muscles surrounding the hemipene. Boas over 6 months old will be VERY difficult to palpate because the muscles contract and prevent you from feeling the hemipene.

Feel free to try it on adults, sub adults, and so forth- you'll see for yourself.

Update: the smaller boa that was harassed went to a good home where she will be in a lovely large viv on her own.

@kokopelli: I measured her, she was 165 cm, you were right about her being smaller than I thought. I did not weigh her again though. I did weigh the larger female, she weighs 7500 grams now.

I certainly am! It's fantastic to hear that the wee gal found a great new home.

It's kind of funny, isn't it, how the negative stuff (bad news, drama, debates) draws all the attention but good news kind of gets pushed to the wayside? Lol!

I thought some people would be excited about the news :poke:

I am very happy for the little boa. I no longer have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I know an animal is being mistreated.

But putting your animals needs first and keeping them properly is ordinary, not extrordinary. Being a decent keeper is what is expected. So no, I am not going to do handsprings just because you finally decide to fix a situation that should have never happened in the first place.

Awesome news!
Yes we do tend to orbit around negative crap don't we? unfortunate.

Anyways, great, you made a good call... and I'm glad everything worked out.

I don't blame a person for taking the time to evaluate the situation and act upon it only when he reached a decision he is happy with. I'm glad you chose to do what you did, but would not hold it against you if you chose differently- as long as you didn't allow yourself to be a victim of circumstances and actually went ahead, learned, and then made an educated decision.​

Every person can learn different things from the same experience… and I know for a fact that we don't know everything there is to know about snakes so… [FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
Anyways, I'm babbling again.​
Thanks for the update and cheers! J

Bethany I was not expecting handsprings from you but felt I'd better release you from that bad feeling :)

And thanks J for your kind words, I think you do understand the situation I was in. Such a decision is not easily made overnight. And of course Floof thanks too!

I do but I got used to the idea meanwhile... and I still have my lovely other female left!

And now of you go to sleep in your kitchen hun! :p

Back