• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corns living together?? Yes or no?

snakewispera snr said:
So after telling most people here they are wrong on co-habitation,you publish pics of kinks and don't know what they are... So I for one won't be listening to any advice you may want to offer and as for your opinion, I won't loose any sleep if you rant at me.
MIKE

And with all of your extensive research you want to know if you can feed crickets to your snake.

HaisseM said:
BOREDOM, LONELYNESS, I think i read somewhere on this forum about a snake eating itself ....... So nothing is safe

and about my asking the sex of my snakes.... I have a good idea which is female and which is male, and I actaully took them to a vet when i first got them but I wanted to know for sure 100% since the vet said this looks like a male based on these traits but they were young so he wasn't 100%

So yea I THINK i can co-hab because i have the right conditions, those conditions have allowed me to do it thus far without a problem so I must be doing something right

Snakes do NOT get lonely.
Snakes do NOT get bored.
Risk of injury due to co-habbing can be PROVEN. Can you PROVE that the snake that ate itself did so because it was housed alone?

You THINK you have the right conditions, but admitted in another thread that you don't know if your snakes have ever bitten each other after feeding. I seriously pity any creature that depends on you for its well being. You now KNOW the risks of co-habbing, and still do it "because you want to".

susang said:
I inhaled, washed my blouse after "welllll" and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. that must count for something

LOL :roflmao:

I haven't inhaled since college :rolleyes:

I respectfully recant my previous post since I only have 1 snake and co-habitation isn’t an option...he,he,he.

Regards,
Steve

HaisseM said:
Ummmmm, lets see...... What does that have to do with what were talking about?

I officially give up. I've said all I have to say regarding cohabitation. I've tried to explain the flaws in your logic regarding what is and isn't being bred out of cornsnakes in captivity, but either we aren't speaking the same language, you aren't actually reading my posts, or someone failed you when it came to teaching you biology and the concepts of selection.

Queenie got a bloody nose one day running away from her tail. She lives alone. Does that count? (Well, she is blind in one eye due to a mouse attack so she can be forgiven for being frightened by her tail.) :crazy02:

zwyatt said:
I officially give up. I've said all I have to say regarding cohabitation. I've tried to explain the flaws in your logic regarding what is and isn't being bred out of cornsnakes in captivity, but either we aren't speaking the same language, you aren't actually reading my posts, or someone failed you when it came to teaching you biology and the concepts of selection.

I understand you and I'm blonde (has nothing to do with anything however) to understand flaws in logic one has to think logically. Trying to explain this in a logical way to someone who doesn't understand logic is akin to attempting to teach a dog to not wag it's tail or teaching someone why the term "military intelligence" is an oxymoron. JMO, susan

suecornish said:
Queenie got a bloody nose one day running away from her tail. She lives alone. Does that count? (Well, she is blind in one eye due to a mouse attack so she can be forgiven for being frightened by her tail.) :crazy02:

LOL!! Sorry but that is funny :D
Poor Queenie! I think it's a GOOD thing she lives alone. Imagine if there were even MORE tails to frighten her!

starsevol said:
Snakes do NOT get bored.
Argh... here it is again. Until someone learns how to actually communicate with snakes, statements like this cannot be made as fact. You can have an opinion on whether you think they get bored or lonely, but no one can possibly know the answer as fact. I think this practice of stating opinions and assumptions as facts just gives ammo to those on the other side of the fence. To me, it shows a closed mind to the possibility of there being some merit to other views on unproven theories/ideas/beliefs.

I'm not taking any sides here, just really think it's wrong to try throwing out "facts" that can't be proven. It doesn't help your side of the debate at all.

susang said:
"nope, I agree, it only happens with the proper care, and I don't think any of us can judge anyone of whither or not they would give they corn snake proper care at this point just because of age... Heck i'm 31 and people say i'm a horrible keeper (people on this board)" quote Messiah

I can't believe you mocked me for leaving the e off of eggs.

wasn't mocking you sorry, I really didn't know what you were talking about at 1st and once i had written it, it came to me

starsevol said:
Snakes do NOT get bored.
Risk of injury due to co-habbing can be PROVEN. Can you PROVE that the snake that ate itself did so because it was housed alone?

You THINK you have the right conditions, but admitted in another thread that you don't know if your snakes have ever bitten each other after feeding. I seriously pity any creature that depends on you for its well being. You now KNOW the risks of co-habbing, and still do it "because you want to".

You DON"T know how snakes feel...... I know my snakes have never bitten each other, but I can't be 100% sure so it would be unfair for me to say i KNOW my snakes have never bitten one another.

Duff said:
Argh... here it is again. Until someone learns how to actually communicate with snakes, statements like this cannot be made as fact. You can have an opinion on whether you think they get bored or lonely, but no one can possibly know the answer as fact. I think this practice of stating opinions and assumptions as facts just gives ammo to those on the other side of the fence. To me, it shows a closed mind to the possibility of there being some merit to other views on unproven theories/ideas/beliefs.

I'm not taking any sides here, just really think it's wrong to try throwing out "facts" that can't be proven. It doesn't help your side of the debate at all.

Duff, you are right. I should not have stated my opinion as fact.
I don't believe that snakes possess enough intelligence to get lonely or bored. I believe that mostly what they possess is survival instinct, (and some hatchlings lack even that!).
I DO know that snakes do not travel in packs in the wilds of Florida..
And I DO know that snakes do not adhere to any kind of social order.

zwyatt said:

or i just have a difference of opinion on the matter.... Someone can disagree with your logic and not be stupid

HaisseM said:
You DON"T know how snakes feel...... I know my snakes have never bitten each other, but I can't be 100% sure so it would be unfair for me to say i KNOW my snakes have never bitten one another.

I ask again, can you PROVE that the snake that ate itself did so because it was bored, lonely OR housed alone?

I think that the snake that ate itself was an accident waiting to happen, and if it was housed with another snake, there would have been 2 dead snakes instead of one.

starsevol said:
I ask again, can you PROVE that the snake that ate itself did so because it was bored, lonely OR housed alone?

I think that the snake that ate itself was an accident waiting to happen, and if it was housed with another snake, there would have been 2 dead snakes instead of one.

I can't prove anything about the snake, i don't even know if the story is true.

HaisseM said:
I can't prove anything about the snake, i don't even know if the story is true.

I KNOW the story is true. I know the breeder it happened to, and I saw the picture.

Sooo why do you think that you are right, and alllllllll the people who have been keeping and breeding cornsnakes for literally decades are wrong?

Maybe "messiah" has a "God complex"?

Back