• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help my corn is stuck in a log!!

im using a hacksaw with a metal cutting blade on it, very very fine teeth. i just wish this stupid log wasnt so hard.

going very slow, i was able to chip a piece away, looks like hes snagged on a piece, not sure if it was there before or it its there because of the piece i chipped away

DSCN3109.jpg

Dang! That is crazy! I am so glad I go with "cruddy looking" homemade hides... at least my guys cannot wedge their way into those and get stuck! Good luck getting him out! You may want to offer him some water if he's been in there a while... is there a way to do so?

hes right beside his water dish and im sure hes had some. ive got a large chunk out of this log already. im pretty sure hes only stuck in the back end of it and once i get that off he should be able to get out, if not then there only about 4 inchs of actual wood left to remove. hes looking pretty tired though getting fairly inactive unless i touch him.

Wow! Posting pics was helpful to show me your situation is no where near what I envisioned. Maybe using some mineral oil would help alleviate some of the discomfort. Good luck getting him out.

thanks, where can i get mineral oil from? any food store? and anything specific i should look for? if i dont have him out tonite then tomorrow after work ill grab some and give him a coat of it.

Wow! Posting pics was helpful to show me your situation is no where near what I envisioned. Maybe using some mineral oil would help alleviate some of the discomfort. Good luck getting him out.

Like me you were probably thinking whole body inside a hollow log. Good idea about the oil.

thanks, where can i get mineral oil from? any food store? and anything specific i should look for? if i dont have him out tonite then tomorrow after work ill grab some and give him a coat of it.

Grocery, Walmart, Target, Drug store.....

thanks, ill be sure to get some tomorrow. do i need to wipe him off after or does this stuff evaporate or something?

Oh man! When I first started reading this I was thinking you were talking about a half log! Then I saw the pics and I can understand the panic! I don't know what I would do. Maybe try pouring a little of the oil around the area that he's stuck?

I was going to oil him up last night but when I got back into the room he was just laying on his log and his tail was hanging there. Poor little guy seemed exhausted so I left him alone for the night. This morning he was rustling around again so after work today I plan on getting him one way or another. What's the best thing to do after I get him out? Give him a couple days rest and feed him ?

Poor fellow. I'd say if you get him out later just leave him be for a few days. His last meal is still in there so I'd wait a week before feeding him again.

Back