• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

His first live one!

It's kind of sad that a guy who just gets a snake, who is trying different options, and is still learning to care for his snake, gets ridiculed for things he is trying to correct. I want to be a good pet owner. First things first, no one told me not to feed him in his cage, and it only happened once. After looking at many websites, I corrected my error, and now have a feeding tank. Second, I'm in the US military, and I do not get a thrill out of killing a mouse. If I wanted to kill things, I would kill bigger things then a mouse. Lyion had good feedback and I changed my mind to feeding him frozen mice. This is a new thing for me, so Nanci and everyone else maybe positive feedback helps more then chastising someone would be more help. I thought a forum was a discussion and a learning tool for certain information, but someone puts up the "wrong" thing, and everyone seems to think that this person is evil because he is uneducated in the care for cornsnakes. I want to learn. I want to be a great owner. I think I could learn from certain people on this forum, but as for the rest of you, keep your comments about my nether regions and sexuality out of a bad decision.

I'm not reading through the whole thread, but I'm making this short:
Live is a bad idea, it should only be used as a last resort for snakes that absolutely refuse f/t.
I feed in the cage without any issues- however, I keep all babies up to a year on paper towels. Once they hit a year they are on aspen. I just dry my mice off before I feed so that substrate doesn't stick to them.
I think people jumped on you very quickly because this thread sounds so trollish.

Yep! It took 17 pages to sum up what Ali said lol. We have had trolls on here talk about this issue, and recently. So many people are fired up over that. It was our fault for assuming things.

No reason to fight if we're all on the same side here! What do you say- truce?

Lyion, all I was trying to prove with my previous posts with the welfare of barry, is that I can be just as mean and cruel and judgemental as people on this forum. They went to drastic measures and made assumptions so I found when I argue with kids, sometimes you have to act like a kid. Again, I just wanted advice and tips. I wasn't bragging or showing off that I have an animal that can eat a mouse. Thank you for everyones apologies, its sad that it has to come after 17 pages, like I said in the middle, I had changed his eating habits.

Lyion, all I was trying to prove with my previous posts with the welfare of barry, is that I can be just as mean and cruel and judgemental as people on this forum. They went to drastic measures and made assumptions so I found when I argue with kids, sometimes you have to act like a kid. Again, I just wanted advice and tips. I wasn't bragging or showing off that I have an animal that can eat a mouse. Thank you for everyones apologies, its sad that it has to come after 17 pages, like I said in the middle, I had changed his eating habits.

Just keep in mind, that when you make threats/insinuations (idle or not) to harm an animal on a public forum, that your IP adress can be tracked & you could end up with Animal Control at your door, to check the welfare of that animal.

Rich can track the IP address, & if people here felt the OP was serious about harming an animal, it would be fairly easy to contact the proper authorities for that areea, with concerns that an animal was in danger.

Second, I'm in the US military, and I do not get a thrill out of killing a mouse.

What branch are you in?

I was Air Force EOD... Which accounts for the snarkiness in my post. I tend to still be straight forward with things... It gets me in trouble at work all the time. So I apologize if my response was in any way offensive. I am still in the mindset of get the point across sharply or people die, I doubt I will ever get out of that mindset.

I read that you have changed the way of feeding. Congratulations, I am happy for you and the snake. Like I showed in my post, larger mice can do serious harm. Gypsy is lucky to be alive after her neck incident.

I continued to read and noticed that you turned very vindictive. Please don't do that, it really doesn't help your case. People apologized. I know you have the training to calm yourself down, do so, and stop acting like a child. I don't care how mean the people on this forum were to you. It is not becoming of a member of the US Military.

That is good to know in the long run of things! We have friends in the INTELL but I guess I never thought of it that way!

And to clarify, I'm not saying that as a threat, but more of a reminder that people need to be careful about what they post on a public forum. Making threats, whether to "prove a point" or with serious intent, can get someone in trouble.

Goodness gracious, I thought this thread had ended and I see this nonsense is still going on.

The reason this debate keeps plaguing this forums is because more than anyone, I have to point out Bethany for leading the charge with the over-the-top judgements and personal attacks. And she does this relentlessly yet always says the same thing. With all due respect, we know what you think Bethany, so STOP harassing people already! Why are you and your cohorts trying to put such stranglehold on this forum? I'm only looking for a place to share my passion for corn snakes with but the biggest site www.cornsnakes.com is being ruined whenever this vital topic comes up.

How about making a separate forum for live feeders? So we can discuss this rationally, and all the bleeding hearts can respectfully stay out of the conversation, for everyone's good.

Bethany, again I respect you and think you're probably quite a compassionate person, but you have failed to convince anyone because you're so disparaging. You are omnipresent in these threads and jump to personal attacks at EVERY live feeder, and as a result we just get peeved and are LESS likely to switch to F/T. Maybe try a different strategy? Respect internet anonymity.

How about making a separate forum for live feeders? So we can discuss this rationally, and all the bleeding hearts can respectfully stay out of the conversation, for everyone's good.

Translation:

We need diversity of opinions! Only I only want opinions that agree with me! Because of reasons that are entirely subjective and have nothing to do with what's best for the animal! So stop having your opinion impinge on my opinion!

Translation:

We need diversity of opinions! Only I only want opinions that agree with me! Because of reasons that are entirely subjective and have nothing to do with what's best for the animal! So stop having your opinion impinge on my opinion!

Please don't sound so immature. We want to discuss what we do free of abuse. Why are you getting so worked up over what we do with OUR snakes? That's our business, so either speak to us respectfully or leave us alone. Sorry, but we're not gonna change.

Please don't sound so immature. We want to discuss what we do free of abuse. Why are you getting so worked up over what we do with OUR snakes? That's our business, so either speak to us respectfully or leave us alone. Sorry, but we're not gonna change.

Pot, meet Kettle?

and all the bleeding hearts can respectfully stay out of the conversation, for everyone's good.

it is more propaganda than sound, rational advice.

Pros: Beautiful to watch! Psychosexual thrill!

I am sometimes purposely trolling

*nomnomimmaturitynom*

Okay Shiari, you're going on ignore. At least amuse me, your replies are more boring and petty than they are thought-provoking in any way. Nice knowin ya!

Petty to point out contradictory statements. That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Okay, so does that make you happy now?
That's what I said too when I caved in to the pressure, before I realized I don't enjoy prekilling. For some reason it is less satisfying to me.

Look dude, I dont know you but this post caught my attention. the reason for keeping corn snakes is not your satisfaction of seeing a snake kill a rodent and consuming it. your satisfaction is not the point. the snake has to eat, yes, but to do it in a way just to satisfy some morbid curiosity is not how to keep a pet. if you willingly endanger the safety and health of your snake just to satisfy some deep seated fascination with death then you are an unfit snake keeper. its like throwing a chihuahua in the ring with a pit bull, you know the what the outcome will be but that animals pain and fear never factor into your equation. if that is how you value the life of an animal, any animal, no matter the species, then you have no business keeping them as pets.

Back