• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do you feel about God.

I have a question!!

If one's mom is Wiccan, how come the kids don't know? Is it secret??

The other night I was talking to my daughter and I mentioned that it was the Wolf Moon and I wanted to make a list of things I wanted to release, or decrease, and she's like, Mom, are you Wiccan now? Nope, it just clears my mind.

I have a question!!

If one's mom is Wiccan, how come the kids don't know? Is it secret??

The other night I was talking to my daughter and I mentioned that it was the Wolf Moon and I wanted to make a list of things I wanted to release, or decrease, and she's like, Mom, are you Wiccan now? Nope, it just clears my mind.

I was raised by my grandparents since I was 6 months old. My mom stopped taking me to her house when I was 4 and lost all contact with her until I was 19.

Paganism has always interested me. Sorry about my ignorance, but what is Druidism?

Druidism or Druidry by its adherents, is a form of modern spirituality or religion that generally promotes harmony and worship of nature, and respect for all beings, including the environment.

I like the sound of it! I went on druidry.org and looked at the website. I would consider it if I wasn't, well, spiritual.

I don't consider it o much how does God feel about me, as how do I feel about me.

Whether or not you believe in god, that's what it comes down to. Some people enjoy church, or mosque... time... I need to do more research on islam.

The point is, the people who say they are trying to please God do so because it also pleases them, the same way charity workers go out and rescue animals, if it didn't give them the warm fuzzies at the end of the day they likely wouldn't do it for long. And if they did keep doing it they'd be miserable.

You always end up doing something you enjoy doing. For some people its believing in God, or Allah, or Buddah etc etc. For others it's lying on the couch eating doritos.

On the topic of discussing religion, I love religious discussion just to see how some people react to the beliefs of others. Its a discussion, but some people in these topics see it as a chance to try and convert people to their way of thinking. I don't get that, mostly because its these people who get confused when you start questioning why they're religious.

If you can't take a few questions here and there and give sensible answers then it seems to me you don't take your own religion seriously.
I agree with this very much and I do think religion is an ego-based belief system for most people. That's why I try and see religion from a more of a poetic type of view-point so that I can appreciate the words and not so much myself for reading the words. Someone on my Facebook posts scriptures from the Qur'an from time to time and it's always very inspirational. This person I truly believe is someone who's sincerely trying to better himself greatly and his explanation into Islam really struck a cord with me. That's not to say I'll join Islam myself, because I doubt I will but I can respect and appreciate the lessons it gives him in life. A lot of people don't have those guidelines so they set ridiculously low moral standards for themselves...I think that's the good in religion is that it gives you a path to follow and also something you can respect fully that is much greater than yourself. The problem is just when people abuse it and convince themselves that their beliefs make them superior. It should be the opposite where religion shows you in fact that you are so inferior. Everything you are came to you and not because you made it so. That should be humbling for people, but sadly it's not. Once most people get that first taste of power from religion they discard all the principles and lessons with it.

I like the sound of it! I went on druidry.org and looked at the website. I would consider it if I wasn't, well, spiritual.
There are many Pagan paths, that surround worship/honoring nature, & all things of the earth.

You will find out more of individual paths if you find local people who follow that path (if you're looking for Druidism, Wicca, etc.) Be careful of what you find online. There is much crap out there.
Many paths are quite spiritual. It all depends on what you want to follow.

Druidism or Druidry by its adherents, is a form of modern spirituality or religion that generally promotes harmony and worship of nature, and respect for all beings, including the environment.

Druidism is in no way, shape or form a "modern" concept. It's been practiced for the past several centuries by a variety of peoples.

I, personally, classify myself as "eclectically spiritual" due to my adaptation of the teachings of several different religions and sects into my own amalgamation (or abomination, if you're not into that). Technically, I don't really believe in any one, or even multiple, deities, but acknowledge the spirits and auras of all living things. One of my friends went so far as to call me a "Hindu-ish Buddhist" because of my take on life in general. I don't follow any one organize religion. I believe what I do, and no one can take that from me. IF there is a god, and they are the only one, true god, it is of my personal opinion that they don't really care what name you call them (God, Allah, Yaweh, Shiva, Cher [just kidding], etc). Even if you don't "worship" or "follow" any particular deity or god, you acknowledge their existence, even if it is just the spirits of life that they created. To me, respect for their creations is as much giving thanks to them as it is telepathically telling them directly.

I try to incorporate much of one line of the Wiccan Rede into my daily life:
"Live and let live"
To me, those 4 words are some of the most powerful words in any given religion. Many may say the same thing, but few are ever spelled out as simply. In addition, the 5 principles of Reiki are usually at the forefront of my thoughts throughout the day, because they go hand in hand with pretty much everything I believe. I do find myself needing a constant reminder of the first principle, though.
"Just for today, I will not be angry.
Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will be grateful.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing."

The main point I'm trying to make is, it doesn't matter what you call "god", or if you even believe in one. If you show respect to life, and live a good life, they will respect you in the afterlife.

I agree with this very much and I do think religion is an ego-based belief system for most people. That's why I try and see religion from a more of a poetic type of view-point so that I can appreciate the words and not so much myself for reading the words. Someone on my Facebook posts scriptures from the Qur'an from time to time and it's always very inspirational. This person I truly believe is someone who's sincerely trying to better himself greatly and his explanation into Islam really struck a cord with me. That's not to say I'll join Islam myself, because I doubt I will but I can respect and appreciate the lessons it gives him in life. A lot of people don't have those guidelines so they set ridiculously low moral standards for themselves...I think that's the good in religion is that it gives you a path to follow and also something you can respect fully that is much greater than yourself. The problem is just when people abuse it and convince themselves that their beliefs make them superior. It should be the opposite where religion shows you in fact that you are so inferior. Everything you are came to you and not because you made it so. That should be humbling for people, but sadly it's not. Once most people get that first taste of power from religion they discard all the principles and lessons with it.

If I could rep you I would.

Druidism is in no way, shape or form a "modern" concept. It's been practiced for the past several centuries by a variety of peoples.

I, personally, classify myself as "eclectically spiritual" due to my adaptation of the teachings of several different religions and sects into my own amalgamation (or abomination, if you're not into that). Technically, I don't really believe in any one, or even multiple, deities, but acknowledge the spirits and auras of all living things. One of my friends went so far as to call me a "Hindu-ish Buddhist" because of my take on life in general. I don't follow any one organize religion. I believe what I do, and no one can take that from me. IF there is a god, and they are the only one, true god, it is of my personal opinion that they don't really care what name you call them (God, Allah, Yaweh, Shiva, Cher [just kidding], etc). Even if you don't "worship" or "follow" any particular deity or god, you acknowledge their existence, even if it is just the spirits of life that they created. To me, respect for their creations is as much giving thanks to them as it is telepathically telling them directly.

"Live and let live"
To me, those 4 words are some of the most powerful words in any given religion. Many may say the same thing, but few are ever spelled out as simply. In addition, the 5 principles of Reiki are usually at the forefront of my thoughts throughout the day, because they go hand in hand with pretty much everything I believe. I do find myself needing a constant reminder of the first principle, though.

The main point I'm trying to make is, it doesn't matter what you call "god", or if you even believe in one. If you show respect to life, and live a good life, they will respect you in the afterlife.

I shared my views on religion and my beliefs with a sociology professor of mine one day. He told me that I would make a good Sufi.

Here is a website about it. http://www.bmf.org/m/sufi/

"Live and let live"

The way Druidry is today is "Modern". No one knows how the ancient Druids did things as there is so little information left behind.

Great post Robbie! And I agree.
There are people who do follow the old Druid ways, you just won't see it as often. It's the people that have passed on generation to generation, mostly verbal, not written, as are some other Pagan paths.

If I could rep you I would...I shared my views on religion and my beliefs with a sociology professor of mine one day. He told me that I would make a good Sufi.

Here is a website about it. http://www.bmf.org/m/sufi/
Thank you!...I don't know any Sufi's myself, but I've heard of it and understand the concept. My grandmother bought me a tiny book of Buddhist teaching 5 years ago that I shrugged off, but over the last year and a half I've really taken too. Not as much in reading, but in the awareness aspect of Buddhism (and also Sufism) that applies perfectly to life. This is a show I watch which I *really* love and also recommend. It's called "Global Spirit", and basically it's like the Charlie Rose show of spiritual/mental consciousness. Maybe that's a bad description, but they discuss a lot of concepts in depth that are universal and extremely mind-shifting. It's not belief-based, but more so it's about understanding yourself, you culture, your religion, and your connection to the universe. The episodes are around an hour long, but you can watch them from their website for free *legally*. If you ever get the time I strongly suggest them. Here's 4 of my favorite episodes;

http://www.linktv.org/globalspirit/thebigpicture

^^^..."In their quest to understand the mystery of Nature, scientists are now asking: Is there a singular unifying agent or force that holds the universe together? How can we understand the role of "consciousness" and its effect on the natural world?". Guests: Deepak Chopra & Riane Eisler

http://www.linktv.org/globalspirit/exploring

^^^..." Is reality itself related to Consciousness? Is there such a thing as "Universal Consciousness"? Follow this intellectually-challenging inquiry through the spiritual and scientific realms of Consciousness.". Guests: Sraddhalu Ranade & Peter Russell

http://www.linktv.org/globalspirit/Oneness

^^^..."What is "Oneness" or "Unity Consciousness"? Why is it part of virtually all religious traditions? Ponder how we are connected to all creation and to the universe itself.". Guests: Ravi Ravindra & Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee (Sufi)

http://www.linktv.org/globalspirit/Quest

^^^..."Explore the burning questions that have intrigued humanity since the dawn of time. Who am I? What is the meaning of life? Do I need a teacher or guide?". Guests: Karen Armstrong & Bob Thurman.

I don't believe in agnostics. I believe that until there is proof of something there is nothing to be agnostic about. Thats why I don't claim to be agnostic about unicorns, fairies, dragons, imps, devils, Isis, Osiris, Hercules, Wakan Tanka, Mithra, Lilith, Eve, Allah, or any cultures mythology really.

The way Druidry is today is "Modern". No one knows how the ancient Druids did things as there is so little information left behind.

No one nows what?!
Here in Scandinavia we dance around the midsummer pole (midsommarstång) every midsummer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer#Sweden

We eat ham (/julskinka) and drink beer every midwinter/x-mas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christmas_dishes#Sweden
(The pig in Valhalla were eaten every night but resurrected the next day. The midwinter celebration comes when the days becomes longer and Odins destructive deadly force of the autum is over).

Every spring we burn traditional bonfires (to get rid of the cold spirits of the winter).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpurgis_Night#Sweden

Pagan traditions have survived, as well as many mythological sagas like the Icelandic sagas and the Edda wrightings and hymns.

Paganism never died.
If you have myths, hymns and living pagan traditions, isn't that characteristics of a religion?

Back