• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I think I may make a major change....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm just sayin'...

I'm a real, 24/7 curmudgeon. Maybe it's inappropriate for me to ID an attention plea when I see one, but, well, I think I'm seeing one. Little Davey's like a young brother to me. If my own little bro had started this thread, I'd have whacked him upside the head with a Kleenex box (and not the kind infused with Aloe!)

My father always said: if you stuff your pockets with French fries, and stand in a McD's parking lot in Rhode Island, then don't curse the seagulls for attacking.

He actually never said that, but there's a point there, somewhere.

Damn!! I wasted my rep on the other post!!! :bang:

I got him for ya, babe!

Here is a rep point for the best post on most frivolous thread ever!

Hey David..trust me I know where your coming from..Life can definitely be quite hectic at times and throw you very unfair odds...But I agree with what everyone has said so far..Count this as an open door to what you will probably have to face in the future when REAL life begins..When you have car payments, mortgage payments, credit cards, pets to feed, kids to dress...All these things come eventually and they can hit hard..Always think before you buy or do anything..Always make sure to have a backup plan..and always make sure you can afford whatever you bring into your life..not just afford it at that moment..but be able to afford it for the rest of it's life..this goes for objects and animals...Best of luck to you my friend..

As for taking some time off from adding more reptiles..I think that is a great idea..make a nice tank for your crested gecko..I'm sure he would love that..Maybe work on a nice rack for your snakes to give yourself more room..Or maybe just give yourself a change and re-arrange your bedroom...(trust me..little changes like these really help someone feel better) :)

Hey, I'm just sayin'...

I'm a real, 24/7 curmudgeon. Maybe it's inappropriate for me to ID an attention plea when I see one, but, well, I think I'm seeing one. Little Davey's like a young brother to me. If my own little bro had started this thread, I'd have whacked him upside the head with a Kleenex box (and not the kind infused with Aloe!)

My father always said: if you stuff your pockets with French fries, and stand in a McD's parking lot in Rhode Island, then don't curse the seagulls for attacking.

He actually never said that, but there's a point there, somewhere.

This is how I handled my babies: If they made a scene in the grocery store because they wanted candy and I wouldn't buy it for them, they got a swat on their rumps.
If they genuinely where overwhelmed and needed the attention, they got a hug and some of my time.

I'm not saying my take on the world is better than anyone else's, but that's how I did it. I think there's a line between the common attention ho, and someone who is genuinely overwhelmed. Which side of the line a particular person is on is a matter of judgment, and experience with the particular person, I suppose.

This is how I handled my babies: If they made a scene in the grocery store because they wanted candy and I wouldn't buy it for them, they got a swat on their rumps.
If they genuinely where overwhelmed and needed the attention, they got a hug and some of my time.

I'm not saying my take on the world is better than anyone else's, but that's how I did it. I think there's a line between the common attention ho, and someone who is genuinely overwhelmed. Which side of the line a particular person is on is a matter of judgment, and experience with the particular person, I suppose.

My vote is on attention ho, This isn't the first post like this he has made and probably won't be the last. He just bought another critter this past weekend and NOW he's feeling overwhelmed? GIVE ME AN EVER LOVING BREAK. He's going to "cut back" on purchasing more critters. HOW ABOUT STOP PURCHASING ANY MORE CRITTERS ALL TOGETHER? He just does this because he most recent threads didn't garner the attention he so much seeks. No I don't feel the least bit sorry for the boy, he's been told countless times in the past to stop adding animals, but has never listened before, so why would anyone think he'll listen to them now.

David.....may I please smack you upside the head?

Please?

You got Dr Evil one week ago today....
and the crestie 3 days ago....(or was it 2?)

If you were starting to feel overwhelmed, wouldn't you have known that before this past week?

here is my plan. I am going to cut down on reptile intake. Maybe focus on making the crestie a really nice cage.

I'll chime in.
Welcome to the roller coaster of life. Crap happens, Its how we react to that crap is what makes us a bigger, better person. It teaches us lessons when we fail, and when we win. Your young, the challenges ahead of you have only just begun. Someone said Chin up earlier, well there right.
I found myself kind of burned out for a bit too. I started making snake racks, mice racks ect... It really helped me to focus on related item to my herps to spark me back into it.....

Without bad days, There would be no good days....

Beth I may have posted this prematurely and I am sorry for that but when your source of heat breaks after you have just got an F on a report card combined with the fact that I am trying to convince my dad who keeps telling me I don’t need any of my animals and they are stupid well you get overwhelmed. Yes I did just get Doc and Peanut but if I was to cut down they would not go. I was having a crap day. And yes you can smack me………..
Now snakemom come on now quit being rude, I just needed to vent and you want to start stuff. I would love to listen to your point if you didn’t make you point so obnoxious and rude. :)

Beth I may have posted this prematurely and I am sorry for that but when your source of heat breaks after you have just got an F on a report card combined with the fact that I am trying to convince my dad who keeps telling me I don’t need any of my animals and they are stupid well you get overwhelmed. Yes I did just get Doc and Peanut but if I was to cut down they would not go. I was having a crap day. And yes you can smack me………..
Now snakemom come on now quit being rude, I just needed to vent and you want to start stuff. I would love to listen to your point if you didn’t make you point so obnoxious and rude. :)

Well - why did you get a F? Maybe you need to spend more time studying for school instead of being on here constantly. Maybe having too many animals is taking away from the time you should be spending on school work? Not to say that your dad is 100% right because animals are not stupid to have - but maybe he is concerned that your focus is not where it should be right now and maybe he is right....

And as others have told you in this thread - and countless countless times before - if you think you are overwhelmed now - you haven't seen anything yet buddy. Things are going to get a lot more stressful for you as you get older and maybe you do need to think about if you currently have too many pets if you are getting this stressed out already.

And your backpedaling about "it was just a bad day" doesn't cut it with me. We all have bad days but we don't all come post "poor me - I am going to get rid of my animals" because of it. Yes, we vent a little bit, but this sounded like a big pity party to me and I am sorry - but I am not going to participate in that. You want to have everyone treat you like an adult - then act like one. Take responsibility - don't whine. Be mature enough to admit if you are in over your head and not constantly change your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornsnakes.com
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to snakemom1961 again.
10 chrctrs

Got her for ya

First off I can't count how many times you have come across in the same manner when others have just been trying to be helpful. So back off those who are giving you a cup of your own tea. If you cant handle it when its dished back don't dish it.

Second your 15 and complaining about your life being to hard. Get over yourself. Everyone has bad day, bad weeks, bad months, and bad years. When you started getting the animals you KNEW they would cost you money. If you want a pet that wont cost you anything a pet rock works well. I promise you don't even know the meaning of a rough life and won't for many more years. Those who are saying they don't know how a teen can handle stuff well you know what, they were teens to at some point and clearly they made it. We all made it through that time and reading this stuff that you post acting like you are the only person in the world to have it rough really is annoying. Im only 5 years older than you and Im working two jobs, going to school, and dealing with a Marine boyfriend who is in Cuba right now and will be going overseas soon. I have a dog, two cats, and three snakes. I am smart enough to know I don't have the time for more no matter how much I want another snake at the moment. Thankfully the snakes are really easy to care for and don't get mad if I don't "play" with them.

So grow a pair, man up and stop looking for pity. This place it not the place to do it. Look for it in your friends, your parents, your animals but not here.

when your source of heat breaks after you have just got an F on a report card combined with the fact that I am trying to convince my dad who keeps telling me I don’t need any of my animals and they are stupid well you get overwhelmed. ...
Try being without a hot shower for three months in the dead of winter. I've dealt with divorce, with full time work, with working 28 days in a row with no break... and having to get up every morning and have a cold shower - or try to work out how to turn one of your spare snake tubs into a sitzbath in the kitchen (which did have hot water)... that was miserable. Sorted out now, mind you - but it was a hard three months.

The world as a whole isn't out there to make your life easy. Sometimes things do pile up on you. At the moment I'm feeling a bit burned out too - in my job, in my home, all of it. I'm thinking about which of my snakes I could consider parting with - the ones that aren't breeding projects or personal pets - and it's difficult, because there aren't many that aren't one or the other. But then again, I have well over eighty reptiles in total, plus a full-time job, plus breeding my own rodents. I think feeling in over my head a bit is understandable.

Part of that is the time of year. Soon as it starts being light when my alarm goes off and I get out of bed I'll be fine.

But it isn't as bad as getting up in the dark to go and take a cold shower because you haven't got a hot one.

Got her for ya

First off I can't count how many times you have come across in the same manner when others have just been trying to be helpful. So back off those who are giving you a cup of your own tea. If you cant handle it when its dished back don't dish it.

Second your 15 and complaining about your life being to hard. Get over yourself. Everyone has bad day, bad weeks, bad months, and bad years. When you started getting the animals you KNEW they would cost you money. If you want a pet that wont cost you anything a pet rock works well. I promise you don't even know the meaning of a rough life and won't for many more years. Those who are saying they don't know how a teen can handle stuff well you know what, they were teens to at some point and clearly they made it. We all made it through that time and reading this stuff that you post acting like you are the only person in the world to have it rough really is annoying. Im only 5 years older than you and Im working two jobs, going to school, and dealing with a Marine boyfriend who is in Cuba right now and will be going overseas soon. I have a dog, two cats, and three snakes. I am smart enough to know I don't have the time for more no matter how much I want another snake at the moment. Thankfully the snakes are really easy to care for and don't get mad if I don't "play" with them.

So grow a pair, man up and stop looking for pity. This place it not the place to do it. Look for it in your friends, your parents, your animals but not here.

This is coming from the person who wants to order mice with me. Nice!

Yeah in Pre-AP English 10. I stayed with the teacher today. I am not used to reading fiction just non fiction.

I don't post here very often, I lurk mostly and read helpful threads and look at all of the beautiful snake phots...however, this thread is epic fail. Such a sad attempt for a cry for attention to people who have already called you out on the bull already. I just don't understand. :nope:

That being said...I read this and didn't get it...

This is coming from the person who wants to order mice with me. Nice!
This is a business decision to order rodents for a discount...this wasn't a personal connection/bond because you all wanted discounted mice...:shrugs::confused:

I have nothing constructive to add to this thread...apparently you've already been told several times. I don't know why these threads continue to strive. Attention whore/drama queen anyone? :smash: :flames:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back